• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

We've got two AM's creating chances, give them two targets to aim at. And like I said, we play them as strikers, not as wingers. Now if we have a top class winger then maybe we could've used it, but we don't and we have got two strikers. Then why not use them. Our best attacking play came when both of them were on the pitch. It isn't as if either of them are as immobile as Giroud, they can learn to play off each other.

Lacazette and PEA are to limited to play anything else but pure strikers.

Not sure if two striker system work with the way Wenger wants to play football. Could turn out very bad.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Thought he did well to get the chance and a confident Lacazette finishes that with ease. That one move was more promising than anything I've seen in the past two months from him actually.

Definitely. Funny thing is if he didn’t get to those chances and done nothing in his cameo, he would have escaped criticism, but the fact he managed to get in those scoring positions( did especially well for the 2nd) is encouraging. All players miss chances, even easy ones. To be a top goalscorer you need a high volume of shots.

Zyrth

I'm not too worried because he managed to get into those positions and he was found by the team, so that's the positive there. He is a quality player. But that said, he is a high percentage conversion striker, so... that is the only concern there.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Cough *Mahrez* Cough.

There isn't a player I want more this summer.

Wenger had natural wingers in each of his 3 title winning teams - Overmars, Pires and Ljungberg. Since then he's used the wings to accomodate surplus forwards and playmakers and we haven't mounted a serious challenge since.

Nobody can tell me the last team that won the league without proper wingers because there isn't one. My only issue with Mahrez is he has a bad attitude. Talent wise he'd be a magnificent signing, along with a DM.

Preacher

Always Crying
Lacazette lacks confidence. That’s the story going around right now. He has scored just 2 goals since December 2nd. That’s 14 appearances and 2 goals. That’s a pretty tough record for a striker. There is a problem and I don’t know if it’s confidence or not. But in those 14 games he has 9 matches where he took 2 or fewer shots and 4 games where he got zero shots. And in the buildup to the Tottenham match, where he missed one good chance, he had played in two matches where he got zero shots. 180 minutes of football against Swansea and Chelsea with zero shots.

At Lyon last season, Lacazette had 6 matches, all competitions including internationals, where he got zero shots. This season he already has 10 matches with zero shots. Getting him shots is a priority. In fact, getting the two forwards shots should be a team priority.

Good read:
http://7amkickoff.com/index.php/2018/02/12/arsenal-are-just-a-6th-place-team-now/

AInsleyGooner

Griezmann is off in the summer. Atlético wanted Lacazette last summer at 40-50million, if they're still interested we should cut our losses and get 30million for him. Better to right-off 15million then have an unhappy player that's going to cost us games, play sporadically and only deprecate in value further.

Please,please,please don't tell me you're trying to say Lacazette "cost us the game" the weekend??? if so, wow what game were you watching:lol:

BobP

Memri Fan
Wenger had natural wingers in each of his 3 title winning teams - Overmars, Pires and Ljungberg. Since then he's used the wings to accomodate surplus forwards and playmakers and we haven't mounted a serious challenge since.

Nobody can tell me the last team that won the league without proper wingers because there isn't one. My only issue with Mahrez is he has a bad attitude. Talent wise he'd be a magnificent signing, along with a DM.

Ljungberg wasn't a winger.

Guy started his career through the middle and IIRC he clashed with Wenger over being able to play through the middle.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
How many of our players are currently getting pretty relentless abuse on social media etc? Lacazette, Xhaka, Iwobi, Bellerin? That looks like more than an isolated case to me, it looks like a trend. A few of them have visibly come out and said it's getting to them. It wouldn't surprise me if within the squad there are frequent conversations about abuse from fans.

Arsenal fans have a lot of reasons to be pissed off with the club, but many fans aren't covering themselves in any sort of glory. Most reasonable fans would acknowledge that Wenger is probably the ultimate source of disfunction, so why so much hatred for players who clearly take notice of opinions on social media?

Of course it has always been the case that the few who shout loudest tend to be heard over the majority, but it's magnified now. Maybe there should be a thread about how while the club are failing the fans, the fans are also failing the club?

Last edited:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

We need someone who's pacy and can dribble/take players on to create openings/space when our play goes a bit stale and we need more athleticism/physicality in the middle of the pitch and at CB position, team is way too lightweight and the technical ability of the players are not at an level where you can overlook that fact.

Honestly feel like we only need 2/3 more signings of the right profile and quality to close the gap to the top.(As long as City comes down to earth, can't see them repeating this next year, but we'll see).

FinnGooner

Established Member
He's a decent player out of form. His price tag so far has not matched the quality of his game. Not an unprecedented case in the history of football and not unique to Arsenal. That happens. Every buy is a risk. Except the imaginary one's that are made in hindsight on football forums. Those are always spot on.

Lacazette will recover his form at some point, somewhere. Probably will never justify his price tag but then again, who knows where the market is going. Either we keep him, he'll find his form and becomes a decent utility player for us, or we cut our losses and try to replace him with somebody better, without any guarantees we succeed in that effort, and he becomes a useful player for some other team.

I'd keep him at least another year and focus on other areas of the squad. Auba and Laca as first and second options for strikers sounds good to me. And people shouldn't worry how we can fit Auba and Laca in the same team. Back in the day we had the best striker in the world in Henry but a guy like Wiltord was still able to make himself useful.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
How many of our players are currently getting pretty relentless abuse on social media etc? Lacazette, Xhaka, Iwobi, Bellerin? That looks like more than an isolated case to me, it looks like a trend. A few of them have visibly come out and said it's getting to them. It wouldn't surprise me if within the squad there are frequent conversations about abuse from fans.

Arsenal fans have a lot of reasons to be pissed off with the club, but many fans aren't covering themselves in any sort of glory. Most reasonable fans would acknowledge that Wenger is probably the ultimate source of disfunction, so why so much hatred for players who clearly take notice of opinions on social media?

Of course it has always been the case that the few who shout loudest tend to be heard over the majority, but it's magnified now. Maybe there should be a thread about how while the club are failing the fans, the fans are also failing the club?
I would not normally agree with this but recently I have changed my tune. Arsène may have a point about the fans.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Hmmm, thought I was right all along...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom