• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Laca the Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Where did this even come from? Don't recall ever hearing about Lacazette having a knee issue. Then the twitter account suddenly drops that his had surgery.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Please,please,please don't tell me you're trying to say Lacazette "cost us the game" the weekend??? if so, wow what game were you watching:lol:
"Going". As in future tense. Did you miss that part?
If he continues to play the way he currently is, and he continues to miss the chances he's missing then in the future he's going to cost us games.

say yes

forum master baiter
Did people actually watch Giroud’s performances in the EL this season?

Guy was absolutely woeful. Take Welbeck or Eddie over him up top every day of the week.

As for Lacazette - if we need him to get past a Swedish pub team then we don’t deserve to be in this **** competition.

Hasn’t looked fully fit for a while but this sounds more serious than expected - hope he’s back for the trickier rounds.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
It does seem fishy to me ........
With Wenger, you never know.

Another theory is he is taking 4-6 weeks off to get back to optimum physical shape. Maybe workingv on his quickness can make all the difference. He needs that burst of yard...otherwise, he will never succeed in England.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
FFS this is not a story concocted. He’s had a knee issue, it flared up and he got an effusion, he had an arthroscopy and now is getting rehab.

I don’t think it’s the cause for all his bad form but might explain him making fewer runs than he did when he first came

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
If it krept up slowly, and there's injuries that do, it might not have affected his confidence, but his overall game due to pain or holding back. The injury might have only been discovered to be serious when it flared up after the Sp**s game. Sometimes you think something is just a knock, or the time between sessions/games is just enough to get you painless, so you don't think it's chronic.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Wow, so is this actually the reason he rarely hit 90 minutes and hasnt looked sharp? In a weird way this injury is a relief as it might explain away some concerns.

Yup it explains a lot if he was carrying it for awhile .

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

With Wenger, you never know.

Another theory is he is taking 4-6 weeks off to get back to optimum physical shape. Maybe workingv on his quickness can make all the difference. He needs that burst of yard...otherwise, he will never succeed in England.

To be fair Laca was wearing knee brace on match day a few weeks ago.

Zaza

Well we are ****ed now aren't we?? Our only chance of getting back into the UCL rests on Welbeck. This is crazy. No way in the world are we making top 4. Europa league now is complicated.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Aubameyang is bought by Arsenal: “that’s the end of Lacazette, there’s no room for him, he’s finished, Arsène never wanted him.”

Lacazette gets injured two weeks later: “we should have never sold Giroud, we’re ****ed now, how can we cope without Lacazette, Wenger out etc.”

Never change, A-M.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Boy, this guy can't seem to catch a break. Hopefully, he'll come back with no issues and start to score more.
Now we're starting up front with Danny and Eddie on the bench.
I'd rather play Ramsey in his place, to be honest. At least we know he would score.

Last edited:

BBF

He was bought in, wasn't 100% in terms of fitness and that limited his minutes. Wenger goes off buying another striker, and a two weeks later he receives an injury. From the sounds of it, he must of been unfit or carrying this injury for some time.

TheLawOfDiQ

He was bought in, wasn't 100% in terms of fitness and that limited his minutes. Wenger goes off buying another striker, and a two weeks later he receives an injury. From the sounds of it, he must of been unfit or carrying this injury for some time.

Its all beginning to make sense why he kept getting taken off. My guess is his knee's been injured for a while but they pumped him with several cortisone injections just to get him through.

IslingtonBornandbred

Its all beginning to make sense why he kept getting taken off. My guess is his knee's been injured for a while but they pumped him with several cortisone injections just to get him through.

Yeah, my take on it was he's been carrying this injury that's probably been getting progressively worse. We saw him at Swansea away where his leg was heavily strapped.

Aubameyang comes in who's going to be first choice. Does Lacazette continue to grind through the season making it worse every week whilst continuing to play second fiddle to Auba and only playing in the Europa League whilst risking his World Cup place because of this injury. Makes sense imo to get it done now, get him back before the end of the season and then at the very least he's good to go for the start of next season. Don't know if he'll get a WC spot though if he returns in April/May because he wasn't first choice anyway, he'll lack sharpness and it's not a lot of time to stake a claim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom