• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Of course thirteen minutes away from glory. List mr a manager who comfortably crossed the line, and don't give me a “they crossed it BS”. This is a game of absolute fine margins.

The fact that you can “LOL” and spit in the face of Wenger... and demand caviar when you being fed sausages is exactly due to the work of the man himself.

It’s funny that so many of you can see how useless Wenger is and are baffled why he remains. Yet many of the actual professionals themselves sing a totally different tune.

Clearly you all here in your tremendous wisdom, see what they cannot see. The likes of @Gooner Zig @Rimaal @BobP and other experts out here

Do you think he should stay then?

Do you really think a bit of stick from a couple of people on the Internet is doing permanent damage to Wengers legacy?

I don’t like caviar.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable

Do you really think a bit of stick from a couple of people on the Internet is doing permanent damage to Wengers legacy?

I don’t like caviar.
But it isn't just a couple of people. The internet has a very powerful effect on people. Over the past five years the animosity towards Wenger as a human being has been absolutely disgusting. And it starts in places like this.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
But it isn't just a couple of people. The internet has a very powerful effect on people. Over the past five years the animosity towards Wenger as a human being has been absolutely disgusting. And it starts in places like this.
When he leaves there'll be a movie about it. They'll just lift the script from the Salem Witch Hunt.

BobP

Memri Fan
Of course thirteen minutes away from glory. List mr a manager who comfortably crossed the line, and don't give me a “they crossed it BS”. This is a game of absolute fine margins.

The fact that you can “LOL” and spit in the face of Wenger... and demand caviar when you being fed sausages is exactly due to the work of the man himself.

It’s funny that so many of you can see how useless Wenger is and are baffled why he remains. Yet many of the actual professionals themselves sing a totally different tune.

Clearly you all here in your tremendous wisdom, see what they cannot see. The likes of @Gooner Zig @Rimaal @BobP and other experts out here

AMs resident fence-sitter seems to have finally grown a pair and taken a stance.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Elite.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

Every high profile person gets abuse. In football doubly so. Wengers overcome far more sickening real-world abuse than this. Water off a ducks back.

Social media is still in its infancy. People don’t have a clear idea of accountability when they type comments at their computer. This will sort itself out eventually. At the moment people don’t even really mean half the stuff they say.

If someone online says “I hope Wenger catches <insert fatal disease>” do you think they would say that to his face if they saw him in a resturant? They’d probably ask for a selfie in all reality.

article-0-063A6D92000005DC-881_468x466.jpg

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Every high profile person gets abuse. In football doubly so. Wengers overcome far more sickening real-world abuse than this. Water off a ducks back.

Social media is still in its infancy. People don’t have a clear idea of accountability when they type comments at their computer. This will sort itself out eventually. At the moment people don’t even really mean half the stuff they say.

If someone online says “I hope Wenger catches <insert fatal disease>” do you think they would say that to his face if they saw him in a resturant? They’d probably ask for a selfie in all reality.

article-0-063A6D92000005DC-881_468x466.jpg
Hiding behind your keyboard is a sad place to be in my view.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah

I don’t like caviar.

Wenger needs to go, he needed to go when we won the first FA Cup again in 2014.

We could have rebuilt our squad by now and been back at the big table.

Preacher

Always Crying
Keown said something fascinating a while ago, about the time he was doing his coaching badges at Arsenal. He said that he noticed one of the defenders making the same mistake in multiple games, so he asked Wenger if he could sit down with the player and go over some video clips with him to show him how to improve. Wenger said no and told Keown that if you show/tell a player their mistakes, they'll start thinking about it on the pitch and it'll make them more nervous.

Small anecdote but it provides an interesting insight into Wenger's coaching philosophy.

It's from old interview, but Vieira gives very similar view about Wenger's philosophy.

While I think change can be good and necessary in order to push on I just don't see us do the right thing and appoint Arteta. We will appoint some decent manager like Low or Ancelotti but they are just more of a Wenger. Nothing exciting about it.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
You say this:

And then you say this:

I'm not sure where we diverge from one another..

There are ways of saying things mate.

You can say he should go.

And then you can ask the ocean to take him.

Its is very possible to remain respectful to the manager and disagree with his way of doing things.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

While I think change can be good and necessary in order to push on I just don't see us do the right thing and appoint Arteta. We will appoint some decent manager like Low or Ancelotti but they are just more of a Wenger. Nothing exciting about it.

Agree with you. You just know the Arsenal board are going to play it safe with the manager choice. Someone young, new and exciting would give us a massive lift but we're going to be stuck with Low or Carlo. Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Its is very possible to remain respectful to the manager and disagree with his way of doing things.

I think nobody in their right mind would wish anything bad for Wenger.

Arsenal fans have been the most patient bunch whichever way you look at it.

Any other big club and things would have gotten worse for him.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

You have people who want Wenger out because they don't think he's the right man anymore, he's past his best and not getting the most out of the squad or we just need a change, which is the majority and it's perfectfly fine and logical position.

Then you have the Wenger haters; who wants us to lose, wants us to lose cup finals, wants City to go unbeaten, Sp**s/Liverpool to win trophies just because it would reflect badly on Wenger. They also love to blame every single thing on him and downplay our past achievements.

Too many of the last group on this forum and I just can't take them seriously.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
You have people who want Wenger out because they don't think he's the right man anymore, he's past his best and not getting the most out of the squad or we just need a change, which is the majority and it's perfectfly fine and logical position.

Then you have the Wenger haters; who wants us to lose, wants us to lose cup finals, wants City to go unbeaten, Sp**s/Liverpool to win trophies just because it would reflect badly on Wenger. They also love to blame every single thing on him and downplay our past achievements.

Too many of the last group on this forum and I just can't take them seriously.

I agree, I have wanted Wenger out for the last 2 or 3 years because I feel he has failed in those years but I want us to win every single game. Any Arsenal fan who genuinely wants us to lose a game has a strange way of showing support for their club.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

'I said no to all the biggest clubs in the world' is the new 'I nearly signed':drool:

The difference beign this is actually true. He was a hot proprety especially after the Invincibles season. He could have taken the easy way and go manage Real or any other super team at the time. Instead he endorsed our new financial model and put his own ambition second. I’ll be forever grateful that a manager of his statue decided to put the interest of the Club ahead of his own.

Can’t imagine what would have happend if we got some new manager in the time of transition and financial constraints. I guess we’d be watching Europa legaue since 2007...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom