• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Great Squad Cost Thread

Squad cost?

• Total voters

Dj_sds

Funny how the Wenger Out brigade resort to personal comments about other posters.

Can only assume they feel threatened by the arguments, so have to resort to character assassinations.

In a sense it's a compliment.

Here is an idea, take wenger and the rest of your cult to a private place where you can debate all day how finishing last with the least money spend is an achievement.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Here is an idea, take wenger and the rest of your cult to a private place where you can debate all day how finishing last with the least money spend is an achievement.
Here's a better idea, this a free forum for people to discuss Arsenal.

I'll ****ing post what I want and you post what you want.

BobP

Memri Fan
Funny how the Wenger Out brigade resort to personal comments about other posters.

Can only assume they feel threatened by the arguments, so have to resort to character assassinations.

Personal comments?

So like when you made a habit of questioning my mental state?

Reactions: BBF

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed

Absolutely but I think its both ways. Although its pretty childish to resort to personal insults and name calling.

Its a ****ing Internet Forum and people WILL have different opinions so everyone needs to get a grip.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
Squad theory has several theoretical flaws and data limitations and thus I can't take it as a serious cause and effect analysis.

Having said that, it can be a good (subjective) indicator of a broader picture of the financial fotballing landscape.

What really irks me is @Makingtrax trying to portray it as some relevant theory that explains the variability of football success in every fukcing post he makes. Not only that he rubs it in our face every chance he gets which can only mean he is a troll or a very stubborn man/woman.

BBF

Squad theory has several theoretical flaws and data limitations and thus I can't take it as a serious cause and effect analysis.

Having said that, it can be a good (subjective) indicator of a broader picture of the financial fotballing landscape.

What really irks me is @Makingtrax trying to portray it as some relevant theory that explains the variability of football success in every fukcing post he makes. Not only that he rubs it in our face every chance he gets which can only mean he is a troll or a very stubborn man/woman.

He had a point to begin with, but he made it poorly and presented poor arguments. So when someone would rubbish those points he'd just troll and change the topic to make up for it.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He had a point to begin with, but he made it poorly and presented poor arguments. So when someone would rubbish those points he'd just troll and change the topic to make up for it.
Curious as to what your theory would be BBF.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol: Squad cost has no flaws or data limitations, it just says the more you spend the more likely you are to finish higher up the league.

It's sadly become the whole basis of football in the 21st century and is the main reason why Sp**s, Liverpool and Arsenal can't win the league, even though most quote freak events to deny it. And of course it upsets people who want to flay Wenger alive.

As to what irks you, I couldn't give a flying ****. I come on here to discuss football not stuff that pleases you. :lol:

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol:

BBF

Well you state that Trax had a point to begin with so I assume that you had expected the theory to take on a slightly different direction or something?

He claimed there was a 70% or so correlation to where you finish in the table and how much you spend on transfer fees. That was debunked when I actually listed the previous seasons league tables with how much they spent, with only one club representing their "squad cost" position. Then any mention of Leicester doesn't count, and examples of pre-title-winning Manchester City outspending everyone don't count either.

There is a link between money being spent, and how well you can do in the table, but that doesn't account for match day revenue, coaching, geographical reach etc etc. A club like Arsenal is always going to do better than Barnet FC because it has a lot of groundwork and foundations.

Using his argument suggests that Barcelona's world class midfield a few years ago was free, which clearly isn't the case. It also suggests a league 2 club spending 50m on Armand Traore will automatically win them the league because they have spent the most money.

There is also countless examples of teams in this league dominating on a limited budget spending less than championship clubs. Football is about ability, coaching and 11 players actually outscoring the opposition. Dropping 100m on Iwobi isn't going to change that, or make him any better. If you want to talk about actual "squad cost" you should be talking about wages considering businesses primarily pay employee wages based on their ability to perform.

Can't be bothered with this anymore, it's boring.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
:lol: Squad cost has no flaws or data limitations, it just says the more you spend the more likely you are to finish higher up the league.

It's sadly become the whole basis of football in the 21st century and is the main reason why Sp**s, Liverpool and Arsenal can't win the league, even though most quote freak events to deny it. And of course it upsets people who want to flay Wenger alive.

As to what irks you, I couldn't give a flying ****. I come on here to discuss football not stuff that pleases you. :lol:

More likely :lol:. Please talk in probabilities, if your “theory” is on the level of “more or less likely” I can rest my case.

As for other flaws and limitations I already explained to you a while back what’s the problem with your regression model.

Good to know you’re here to talk about football as I always thought you’re running circles around squad cost in your posts, agenda man.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom