• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
ZmHgkXO.png

I know it would come across as knee jerk, but I kinda agree with them. :(

It's not even close to accurate.. Past 10 years we've been closer to winning the league than them, closer to winning the Cl than them, won more trophies than them. Like @field442 said, we used to get ridiculed for doing what the Sp**s are doing right now..

And I'll say it, I wouldn't trade places with Sp**s for the next 5 years, their window is closing quickly and unless they actually are able to win anything of note, they'll have nothing to show for their "golden generation".

redwhiteAustrian

Tu Felix Austria
Administrator
This apparently amazing Spu*s side still has won **** all in recent seasons and I doubt that'll dramatically change to be honest....

They have what....two Cup titles in 30 years? One of the worst Arsenal sides I can remember in two decades, has won three Cups over the last four seasons ffs.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
And I'll say it, I wouldn't trade places with Sp**s for the next 5 years, their window is closing quickly and unless they actually are able to win anything of note, they'll have nothing to show for their "golden generation".
Could end sooner rather than later. Real are circling around Kane and Alli is apparently signing with Mino Raiola, you don't do that if you're planning to stay long-term.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Can we add Unai Emery to the list now. Has a great record in the Europa League considering that's where we will be for the next few years.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Like honestly, look at Sp**s' seasons since Pochettino took over:

14/15: 5th in league, R4 fa cup, ro32 Europa
15/16: 3rd in league, R5 fa cup, ro16 Europa
16/17: 2nd in league, SF fa cup, GS CL, ro32 Europa.

Would any Arsenal fan actually be happy with that?
Perspective. The point is he appears to be making progress as apposed to us very recently. Doubt anyone is envious of their achievements as they don't really have any.

Longy

For me, yes. You can feel they're improving and the stats back that up. They seem very solid, but the test will come if they ever lose Kane, he's a once in a lifetime striker for them similar to what we had with TH.

I don't expect to win things, I just want to be in there fighting on all fronts.
I'd be more proud to go down swinging.

Baki

Loves Anime Hates Mikel
There is no top-tier manager that would not be attracted to the Arsenal project. One of the richest clubs in the world, great history and 'tons' of credibility if you turn us into a PL or CL winner.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
There is no top-tier manager that would not be attracted to the Arsenal project. One of the richest clubs in the world, great history and 'tons' of credibility if you turn us into a PL or CL winner.
I can think of quite a few. 3-4 in the PL, for instance.

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

I can think of quite a few. 3-4 in the PL, for instance.

Like who? Outside of Pep and Mou, Wenger is the highest paid manager in the world at the biggest club in London which happens to be one of the most popular cities in the world.

World class facilities
London
Huge pay packet
Patient fanbase
Potential to turn yourself into a legend (if you win big trophies)

Did I say huge pay packet? Money talks, above all.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Like who? Guarantee all except maybe Pep would come to us. Especially as our board seems to be much more forgiving than other top clubs
You're having a laugh, right? Mou would definitely not come, Poch is bound for bigger & better things, Klopp has been given a long leash and way more cash to spend at a similarly historically-relevant club, and Conte will also have better options in the coming months/years (he seems to prefer Italian ones, anyways).

We're the 6th best team in England. It shouldn't be shocking that the managers in charge of 1 thru 5 aren't pounding on our door.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Like who? Outside of Pep and Mou, Wenger is the highest paid manager in the world at the biggest club in London which happens to be one of the most popular cities in the world.

World class facilities
London
Huge pay packet
Patient fanbase
Potential to turn yourself into a legend (if you win big trophies)

Did I say huge pay packet? Money talks, above all.
Wenger is the 3rd-highest paid manager because he's Wenger. A new manager would not start at (or likely ever reach) similar relative pay. There are also other clubs in London, if that's even your top city as a manager (which is dubious as most of the top guys today are continental).

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
Like who? Guarantee all except maybe Pep would come to us. Especially as our board seems to be much more forgiving than other top clubs

I can guarantee you that Pep would never consider managing Arsenal. It's either City for the foreseeable future or PSG next.

He is not touching a team that has a limited budget/stars.

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters

I know that’s hard to swallow but this is called progress. They’re showing improvement year after year.

IslingtonBornandbred

I know that’s hard to swallow but this is called progress. They’re showing improvement year after year.

Yep. In our "glory" years between 97-2004 they were finishing between 9th and 14th....they were truly a mid table team. The fact they've managed to force their way into the "top 6" from that position without any foreign takeovers etc is very good progress for them.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Context is a funny thing. Kind of like our four finals in five years (or five in five if - somehow - we don't bottle the EL completely) and a second place in the EPL.

It's progress, sure. But it's also a failure seeing how we've been quite bad in recent times and still managed to win more titles and finish above them in a two-horse title challenge.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pochettino has done very well at Sp**s. It is Sp**s we're talking about here.

Any Sp**s fan should be delighted. What concerns me is not how well they have done. What concerns me is how relatively poor we've done in the league.

Granted the FA Cups are nice, and all, but the league is the bread and butter, and we have to improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom