• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32: Östersunds FK v Arsenal | February 15, 2018 18:00 GMT | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsmile

Established Member
thought elneny was good- he's the closest we've got to a midfielder who knows what to do off the ball

danny Welbeck is awful- don't know how survived the cleanout

apart from that we did enough- but given how poor they were in the first half hour- bit annoying we didn't actually stay sat on them and let them get back in the game.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Terrible game, but considering the conditions they were playing under it would be harsh to expect any more.

Well done.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Few observations from the game.

• AMN should be starting over Xhaka. So much better positionally, has a great set of feet and is so cool under pressure, plays without fear.
  • Welbeck is dogshit. Needs selling in the summer. Would much rather see Nelson start in front of him.
  • Ospina should be starting over Cech.

Welbeck was always dogshit, this is nothing new. Terrible buy by Wenger at the time, even worse now.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That'll do, that'll do. We got out of there with a comfortable win to take back to the Emirates.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Wasn't impressed with Maitland but he needed a few games to get going on the left. Unfortunately for him with the competition we have in midfield I can't see him getting the minutes.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He does need the games definitely and perhaps a more dynamic partner than Elneny. Would rather have seen him with Xhaka, even though he's not flavor of the month currently.

He needs to sharpen up though if he wants to convince Wenger. He wants to emulate Vieira? Vieira would have stomped all over this midfield today through sheer force of will, let alone with his technical quality. Big fan of the kid, but I know he can do a lot better.

Yeah this was unfortunately not a performance that would force Wenger's hands. He'll get another opportunity next week, want to see more of what he can contribute with offensively and in the build up.

With the way our season is going even the slim hope of top4 might be over soon. If/when that happens, I hope Wenger will be brave and experiment a bit in the pl while focusing on Europa. Give AMN a chance in midfield and see what he can offer, try to integrate Ramsey and Wilshere in the same team and give Nelson some PL minutes here and there.

I feel like AMN has gained Wenger's trust, so if he finally gets the chance and can perform, he'll keep his place like Coquelin did.

Ara

Wow that was boring.

Honestly, I was expecting our performance to border on arrogance and come away with a very heavy win. I guess I underestimated Ostersunds to my own embarrassment and congratulations to them for it. However, on a negative side, that wasn't far off our starting XI and they really didn't play well enough at all.

Ospina 7
Bellerin 6
Mustafi 6
Chambers 6
Monreal 7
Maitland 4
Elneny 5
Miki 5
Iwobi 6
Özil 6
Welbeck 3

Wenger 3 - should have brought on youngsters as soon as we were 3-0 up. Why risk the seniors out here?

What the hell has happened to Welbeck? He's gone from being an ineffective workhorse, to ineffective and workshy?

And why is Kolasinac looking more and more underconfident?
Bellerin over Miki? He created 2 goals.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

The young lads should have been brought on as soon as we went to 3-0. Welbeck was dreadful. Disappointed with Bellerin too. The penalty he gave away summed up his performance. A few mistimed tackles and I still think he gets sucked too far infield when the opposition are attacking. Need to hope for a kind draw if we are to make it any further (assuming our bottlers don't mess up the 2nd leg)

Linson

Bellerin over Miki? He created 2 goals.
It's a good point, well made. Maybe Mkhi can have a 6 then. I wasn't overwhelmed with his performance though he did produce the goods assist-wise.

I maintain Welbeck was disrespectfully poor. I thought Wenger said he was looking sharp?

Reactions: Ara

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Letting Ty take calls on the AFTV post-game (especially with Claude in the room) is like watching a wounded animal trying to deal with a pack of hyenas.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
I love how everyone is copying the names when I rate players after the game and because they copy my list everyone is forgetting Elneny. :lol::lol::lol:
especially as this is the verdict on the BBC Sport website

Man of the match - Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal)
The Egyptian shone with some lovely touches on the artificial pitch

Triniboy

especially as this is the verdict on the BBC Sport website

Man of the match - Mohamed Elneny (Arsenal)
The Egyptian shone with some lovely touches on the artificial pitch

Not tryna troll here... I would say its a toss up between El Neny and Iwobi as I feel the latter stood out to me out of the front 4 in the game but El Neny i watched closely and he definitely has quick decision making in tight spaces which really impressed me. Xhaka in his stead would have probably lost the ball a few times under pressure.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
That's probably a good thing.
Not tryna troll here... I would say its a toss up between El Neny and Iwobi as I feel the latter stood out to me out of the front 4 in the game but El Neny i watched closely and he definitely has quick decision making in tight spaces which really impressed me. Xhaka in his stead would have probably lost the ball a few times under pressure.
Probably Monreal for scoring a goal and showing some enthusiasm.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

That was a fairly comfortable win to be honest. Easier than I feared, but Östersund really is a very limited team. Happy with the win but watching the game I cannot help by wondering why we have players like Welback and Iwobi on the squad. They simply are not the caliber of players we should be carrying. That we have Welbeck as our first striker option is totally beyond me, injuries or no injuries. There simply have to be better options out there. Both are just dire in my view. Their first touch is just not PL level. Yes, maybe if it's lower down in the leagues, but PL. It's just pathetic. I just don't know what Wenger sees in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom