• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
It's pretty clear Mhiki is more comfortable on the right. He likes going forward not cutting back inside and going backwards to switch play repeatedly.

We set up in a way where we had our two most creative players tracking back and marking full backs who aren't actually technically gifted and who basically have crossing ability and physical defensive capabilities.

We forced our two most creative players to defend and they do not have the physicality to do that.

That is correct.

Wenger's decision to play Özil in Miki in opposite sides with the idea of them having to cut inside proved disastrous.
On few occassions where Miki had to cross, it went completely wrong, while had Özil been on the left, he would have put it on a plate for Auba.

Marmaduke

The team was playing poorly and he was in a weird position. If he was one of a few to barely influence the game fine but he wasn't any more useless than some of the other players that day.

Also its not like Sanchez at United has been on fire.... 3 games people. Way too early to judge...

*I'll just add I though Laca's brief cameo was encouraging.

MNUS

Its funny people say its way too early to judge when that wasn't the sentiment after his performance at Everton - the perfect environment for him to shine, at home with no pressure.

But now when he is expected to produce he reverts back to his cowardly United form. Cant even string simple passes together, no work rate, retreats into his shell after a few mistakes. Already too many passengers in this team.

N

NotAUserName

That is correct.

Wenger's decision to play Özil in Miki in opposite sides with the idea of them having to cut inside proved disastrous.
On few occassions where Miki had to cross, it went completely wrong, while had Özil been on the left, he would have put it on a plate for Auba.
I can't fault Wenger here. I think Özil prefers the right so Wenger prioritized that and hoped Mkhitaryan would manage on the left since he is more versatile. I don't want to blame any player in particular though - there was just something off about the whole team.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It shouldn’t be a right vs left thing with those two

(L) Iwobi - Özil - Mhiki (R)

Is how we should play. Then Wenger can have his player cutting in with Kola overlapping. Don’t know why we’d ever set up differently

IchirotoV2

Is how we should play. Then Wenger can have his player cutting in with Kola overlapping. Don’t know why we’d ever set up differently
Iwobi has been absolute toss this season IMO. I don't know who else to put there though.

N

NotAUserName

The issue with that is Özil and Iwobi are playmakers while Mkhitaryan also creates much more than he scores. You might say someone from central midfield could try to add goals but that is risky as you only leave one midfielder behind.

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
snip
We forced our two most creative players to defend and they do not have the physicality to do that.
hqdefault.jpg

remember Arshavin? remember his Height is 1.72 m.
remember that was what Arsenal "fans" criticize him of failing?
Not defending enough.

Yes, it has happened before. I could also brought up Podolski who also forced to cover Clichy's overlaps.

Zyrth

Maybe Mhki prefers the right, but I thought he functions well on the left before too (obviously not talking about this game).

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Mkhitaryan played on the right for Dortmund mainly because Reus was on the left, and Reus is much worse on the right, than Mkhitaryan on the left.

Transfermarkt shows his stats in 15/16 as:
LW: Played 22 Goals 12 Assists 13
RW: Played 21 Goals 10 Assists 15

Zyrth

Mkhi is known for being very two footed. Think we’re reading too much into that one dodgy cross on his left foot.
Exactly, I felt it was a non issue. I believe Mkhi wouldn't have any problems playing on the left side of attack. Missed controls happen, and it was fairly obvious that he didn't have the best of game last match (imo it's because of the lack of chances which made him snatch at it due to our poor midfielders supplying and winning control of the game). Özil does it sometimes too.

Ara

Its funny people say its way too early to judge when that wasn't the sentiment after his performance at Everton - the perfect environment for him to shine, at home with no pressure.

But now when he is expected to produce he reverts back to his cowardly United form. Cant even string simple passes together, no work rate, retreats into his shell after a few mistakes. Already too many passengers in this team.
He did not have cowardly performances for United. Hate that ****ing word, used and over used by some.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Thought he had a poor game until he provided that assist for Özil. I think he’s going to be one of those players that frustrates a lot but is also fairly productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom