• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,865

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth

Do you think Jordi Osei-Tutu could realistically play back-up RB to Bellerin?
Given his current trajectory, it's definitely not out of the question. He's a powerful athlete who can hold his own against fast wingers, and he has improved tremendously as a 1-1 defender over the last year. I think his development definitely warrants a place as Bellerin's back-up, rather than shoehorning AMN into the role.

Impact

Established Member
Doesn't Özil count as an attacker? So Aubameyang/Lacazette/Mkhitaryan/Özil/Iwobi/Nelson are the attacking options for 3 or 4 positions.

I think we are building a team for a 4-2-3-1 and in that formation, Mesut is a midfield/forward hybrid so I didn't include him. Though I do agree that he can play in the wide playmaker role I described.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I think we are building a team for a 4-2-3-1 and in that formation, Mesut is a midfield/forward hybrid so I didn't include him. Though I do agree that he can play in the wide playmaker role I described.

You think a 4-2-3-1 is preferable to a 4-3-3? 4-3-3 could allow both Ramsey & Wilshere to play together, which would be fun.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
It puts Özil out wide though, which I don't like.

I sympathise, but Mkhitaryan & Özil in those wide positions would in reality move around and interchange a lot. But yes I admit the 4-2-3-1 is best for Özil.

This is the challenge of fitting Özil, Ramsey & Wilshere into the same side. You feel uneasy at any of them not being in it, but you do want some balance of course.

Impact

Established Member
You think a 4-2-3-1 is preferable to a 4-3-3? 4-3-3 could allow both Ramsey & Wilshere to play together, which would be fun.

I think every manager should build a team that gets the most out of their best players. Discounting our new signings, Özil and Ramsey are our leading players. Mesut works at 10 and Aaron at 8. This necessitates a 4-2-3-1-esque system in my view.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think every manager should build a team that gets the most out of their best players. Discounting our new signings, Özil and Ramsey are our leading players. Mesut works at 10 and Aaron at 8. This necessitates a 4-2-3-1-esque system in my view.

Yeah that makes total sense to be fair, i'm just clinging on to a delusional Elysian dream of Wilshere & Ramsey together.

Some people think Wilshere & Ramsey could work in the 2 of the 4-2-3-1 but that's just not the case unfortunately, neither of them put in enough defensive work. You're totally right that a 4-2-3-1 suits Özil and he's our best player, so it makes sense to do that. But it's also reasonable to say that a 3-man midfield would help us control games better and make up for our defensive deficiencies.

I don't doubt that Wenger dreams at night of a world in which Özil, Ramsey & Wilshere can all play together in perfect harmony, but we live in a different world.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Is it just me, or have our youth and academy teams been dominating the past couple of months?

Is it just me, or have our youth and academy teams been dominating the past couple of months?

Been on upwards for last two seasons. Both u-23 and u-18. Quickly becoming one of the best academies resulting wise in the country.

Take a note against Reading all the best players this season for u-18 were missing like Smith-Rowe, John-Jules, Coyle, Zaka and Americhi(can't remember the spelling).

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Been on upwards for last two seasons. Both u-23 and u-18. Quickly becoming one of the best academies resulting wise in the country.

Take a note against Reading all the best players this season for u-18 were missing like Smith-Rowe, John-Jules, Coyle, Zaka and Americhi(can't remember the spelling).
Amaechi. I think.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Reading were disqualified from the FA Youth Cup on Wednesday. Means that we either automatically go to the Semi-Final or we face their opponents Colchester.

Xavier Amaechi and Tyreece John-Jules also scored for England U17s in the week, and Trae Coyle, Bukayo Saka and Vontae Daley-Campbell played for the England team too.

Interesting times for this young team, and stronger tests lie in wait for them. I was impressed with how they handled themselves against strong opposition so far, but we'll likely face some real tests in the coming months. Particularly as some may be called up to the U23s from time to time - Amaechi is practically a mainstay in the U23 team now. Yet to score, but looking very comfortable at that level, as is John-Jules. They'll still be fixtures in the Youth Cup side. The one player who I'm waiting to see more from is Trae Coyle. Definitely hasn't had the impact on games he would like to have, but he's arguably the most naturally talented scholar of this current intake, and there's a lot more to come from him.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

Many youngsters are missing, because they will probably be in the squad for the game against Östersünds.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Turned off the stream from LCFC site. 3-0 to Leicester. Willock and Nelson massive misses as well as Nketiah. Dasilva was the best of what I saw and Amaechi had bright moments but rest struggled. Smith-Rowe had difficult game as did the full backs. John-Jules isolated before getting sent off.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom