• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kalidou Koulibaly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Admin
It makes sense that we're snooping around Napoli. Rumors are that they are making a big push this season for the Scudetto, but have an agreement with players that they will be allowed to go afterward.

They will be expensive though, besides Mertens because of his release clause.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
It makes sense that we're snooping around Napoli. Rumors are that they are making a big push this season for the Scudetto, but have an agreement with players that they will be allowed to go afterward.

They will be expensive though, besides Mertens because of his release clause.

Koulibaly would be a great signing, we need a huge presence in the back four and he could be the guy, I have no idea what hes been like this season but I assume as they are top he is doing well?

Wouldnt mind a new Sol man!

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Played well today against SPAL, mind you he had literally f*ck all to do all game. Would suit our high-line system with his strength and recovery pace, plus he'd be a great asset in the air. His passing and build-up play is also very, very good indeed. Probably isn't the leader and communicator we need, there'd be some mix-ups if he played next to Mustafi. But he'd be a great buy, I reckon 60m would get him.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
He's sensational. An absolute boss. So good on the ball, has a great pass on him with both feet. My top choice for CB.

If we pull this off after Xhaka, that's two players off my wishlist. Higuain next.

Furious Smiles..?

Definitely.

e603bc01d921012baa6640e09fa667cb.500x373x1.jpg

"I am smiling."

-Black Dynamite.

Elite posting in the 1st page of this thread, @blaze_of_glory.

Stannis

I don't know how this can happen for anything less then 50 million, probably closer 60 considering he is contracted till 2021.

All depends on how much money we have.

If there are budget issues then we are better off getting Manolas, if that in turn allows us to strengthen elsewhere.

While I like Koulibaly more I actually reckon Manolas is the better out and out defender

Stannis

Bit old but I came across an interview with Farhad Moshri at the start of the season .

Apparently he tried to sign Koulibaly ( doubt he would ever go to Everton)

anyways the price tag back then was 60 million according to him, doubt it will be much different now.

Would people here pay that much for Koulibaly? Or try to get Manolas instead whose release clause is around 35 million?

We tried to buy [Kalidou] Koulibaly from Napoli and they wanted £60million. Every defender in Europe now is £50million. It is just monopoly money, it doesn’t mean anything
Read more at https://talksport.com/football/farh...er-ronald-koeman-and-more#smS3G0RcgBkbOXQO.99

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Bit old but I came across an interview with Farhad Moshri at the start of the season .

Apparently he tried to sign Koulibaly ( doubt he would ever go to Everton)

anyways the price tag back then was 60 million according to him, doubt it will be much different now.

Would people here pay that much for Koulibaly? Or try to get Manolas instead whose release clause is around 35 million?

Would prefer the better defender out the two, no idea who it is but I genuinely dont care about the price, its not my money.

No longer care what this club spends as long as they reinforce correctly and if the board want to turn around and decide they will only spend 100mil for example there is nothing anyone can do to change that either.

My preference would be Koulibaly based on physical stature, I imagine he gets partnered with Mustafi so need that presence in my opinion, havent seen him play in over a season though.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Is he actually good at the basics? We've seen units like Lovren and Mangala come over before and be lacking in basic areas.

Don't like spending big money on CB's either fwiw. It's all about organisation and work as a unit.

Jones and Smalling for example have looked quality unsurprisingly in a Mourinho system. Can you imagine how banter they'd be in ours though?

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

It's interesting when they guess who we are scouting. I doubt there is any point scouting either of those players. We know what they have to offer.

Wouldn't make more sense to look at Upamecano, as he is basically a younger Koubaily?

Sell Mustafi for £25 million, buy Manolas for £30 million, buy Upamecano to partner Manolas and be Koscielny's successor. He would cost around the same as Koubaily if not more.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Is he actually good at the basics? We've seen units like Lovren and Mangala come over before and be lacking in basic areas.

Don't like spending big money on CB's either fwiw. It's all about organisation and work as a unit.

Jones and Smalling for example have looked quality unsurprisingly in a Mourinho system. Can you imagine how banter they'd be in ours though?

Agreed. If John Terry had played for Wenger's high line defence during the height of his career, he would have been an absolute shambles and probably would have retired at Grimsby, ffs.

Newchange

reminds me of mangala before he came to england. Too stiff and error prone and not a leader we need at the back.

Impact

Established Member
Most people here probably don't watch Serie A regularly. Admittedly the quality of the league has gone down considerably in recent seasons. However, Maurizio Sarri's Napoli have been a joy to behold in the past two seasons and Koulibaly has played a big part in that.

Immediately you notice his presence. At 6 ft 5 in, he towers above most players and given his athleticism, he is very tough to beat in the air. He also has very good acceleration, pace and mobility for a man of his stature. Essentially, physically, he is perfect for the Premier League. Having said that, what impresses me most about Koulibaly is his technical ability. He has two good feet, regularly breaks the lines with his passes (though Napoli's excellent positional structure helps) and pings balls across the field with consummate ease.

I have no idea how well he can organise a defence because Napoli's style of play tends to suggest that the team is heavily drilled. But even if he can't, I think he has the attributes to be a good Arsenal defender similar to how Koscielny has been one. He is very good in one-on-one situations. Even if he won't help us to look more solid structurally, he would more than hold his own.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Most people here probably don't watch Serie A regularly. Admittedly the quality of the league has gone down considerably in recent seasons. However, Maurizio Sarri's Napoli have been a joy to behold in the past two seasons and Koulibaly has played a big part in that.

Immediately you notice his presence. At 6 ft 5 in, he towers above most players and given his athleticism, he is very tough to beat in the air. He also has very good acceleration, pace and mobility for a man of his stature. Essentially, physically, he is perfect for the Premier League. Having said that, what impresses me most about Koulibaly is his technical ability. He has two good feet, regularly breaks the lines with his passes (though Napoli's excellent positional structure helps) and pings balls across the field with consummate ease.

I have no idea how well he can organise a defence because Napoli's style of play tends to suggest that the team is heavily drilled. But even if he can't, I think he has the attributes to be a good Arsenal defender similar to how Koscielny has been one. He is very good in one-on-one situations. Even if he won't help us to look more solid structurally, he would more than hold his own.

Wenger will probably be here for another season yet, so whatever happens there won't be a heavily drilled defensive structure for a while yet. In that case someone like Koulibaly would work both in a Wenger team, because of his athletic qualities, but also in a better drilled team in a post-Wenger future.

Increasingly I think the CB position is the one we need to go big on and try to get either Koulibaly, Skriniar or De Vrij; a big hitter.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
There is no way he is 6'5, looks 6'2.

Who cares? He's big, strong and fast. We don't have that. He's also as good or better at passing than what we currently have.

He wouldn't solve everything but he'd make us better. Same goes for Doucoure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom