• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The only wide player we have who actually keeps our width is Bellerin, FFS.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
No matter how talented Fekir may be (im no expert), I dont think I want him considering he doesnt give proper width. Im so fed up of this narrow mess we play.

I want a winger who excels at taking on a man and beating him easily, and can score / create somewhat well. We aren't gonna get the full package I guess, but someone with a similar style to Costa or Cuadrado would be ideal

At the same time if Wenger wants to keep this narrow style of play then he would be quite a good replacement for sanchez. He is more likely to link up with lacazette and take players on. Im bored of the same old sanchez play, im actually not a fan of his style of play at all compared to other players of his calibre. He'd be the perfect attacker for a Mourinho side

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
No matter how talented Fekir may be (im no expert), I dont think I want him considering he doesnt give proper width. Im so fed up of this narrow mess we play.

I want a winger who excels at taking on a man and beating him easily, and can score / create somewhat well. We aren't gonna get the full package I guess, but someone with a similar style to Costa or Cuadrado would be ideal

At the same time if Wenger wants to keep this narrow style of play then he would be quite a good replacement for sanchez. He is more likely to link up with lacazette and take players on. Im bored of the same old sanchez play, im actually not a fan of his style of play at all compared to other players of his calibre. He'd be the perfect attacker for a Mourinho side

Pretty clear from the Chelsea game that Wilshere and Alexis were the only players on the pitch with any kind of final ball in them.

Chelsea on the other hand, had fabregas, azpi, Hazard all finding Morata, Alonso and Eden himself. Even Cesc had the odd header.

If we're gonna keep things narrow, we could at least get layers that attack the box.

Would love for us to get a proper wide man. Think Bellerin would benefit from that too.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Pretty clear from the Chelsea game that Wilshere and Alexis were the only players on the pitch with any kind of final ball in them.

Chelsea on the other hand, had fabregas, azpi, Hazard all finding Morata, Alonso and Eden himself. Even Cesc had the odd header.

If we're gonna keep things narrow, we could at least get layers that attack the box.

Would love for us to get a proper wide man. Think Bellerin would benefit from that too.

Do you mean players who runs into the box, or players who send balls into the box? Lemar would certainly be good for the latter; his deliveries are as good as they get.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Do you mean players who runs into the box, or players who send balls into the box? Lemar would certainly be good for the latter; his deliveries are as good as they get.

Both, actually. I'm not on the Xhaka hate train, but I do feel like we had signed a player to do just that and he (or maybe rather, we as a team) refuse to play long, over the top balls for Lacazette or Alexis consistently.

We then circle the box around the edge of the box and have no runners in behind or players attacking the box and creating spaces. Though I like Wilshere more, Ramsey's late runs do give us a bit more in that department.

I'd love a change of system, really. We're **** at defending so we're afraid to lose the ball and take very little risks.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Both, actually. I'm not on the Xhaka hate train, but I do feel like we had signed a player to do just that and he (or maybe rather, we as a team) refuse to play long, over the top balls for Lacazette or Alexis consistently.

We then circle the box around the edge of the box and have no runners in behind or players attacking the box and creating spaces. Though I like Wilshere more, Ramsey's late runs do give us a bit more in that department.

I'd love a change of system, really. We're **** at defending so we're afraid to lose the ball and take very little risks.

I agree, I don't know if it's a problem of personnel as much as a problem of system. Xhaka, for instance, is definitely capable enough to send balls over the top of a defence for a striker to collect. The problem I think is that we take too long to transition from defence/midfield to attack, meaning the opposition defence has time to retreat and close off any space behind.

If we looked to instigate attacks quicker when the opposition still has a higher line, perhaps more of these long balls would come off and Lacazette's movement would get more results.

But whatever the reason, we've certainly changed from previous years. I remember Cesc was the master of playing balls over the top. Wilshere is probably the closest we have to that at the moment. But yes we do need Ramsey back, he offers us another dimension in opening up defences that we've been missing.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka doesnt work in Wengerball. Teams sit back and make it hard to break them down. Theres not much gap between their defensive line and goalkeeper. Thats why we dont have the right personel at the moment. Either buy players that know to break teams down with dribbling and one twos or change the system and become more direct to accomodate xhaka Özil lacazette etc

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'd be okay with Fekir, but I'd still prefer Bailey. So long as Fekir's knee can hold up, he'll be a good one. Has very similar qualities to Hazard.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Great player, although best suited to a central position like nearly all our attacking players.

HBL

Established Member
Not sure where he’d fit in. We should really sign at least one of these 5 in the summer:

Bailey
Mahrez
Insigne
Malcom
Pavón

That’s probably the order I’d want them in as well.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Not sure where he’d fit in. We should really sign at least one of these 5 in the summer:

Bailey
Mahrez
Insigne
Malcom
Pavón

That’s probably the order I’d want them in as well.
He fits on that list if you're going to put Insigne and Malcom on there. I'd also prefer Bailey, but I wouldn't say no to Fekir either.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Great player, although best suited to a central position like nearly all our attacking players.

Fekir, Özil & Mkhi; three attacking midfielders behind a central striker. That's pretty much bread 'n' butter stuff for Wenger.

Top Bottom