• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ospina: On Loan to Napoli

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Ospina was always prone to errors. The only reason he's here at Arsenal is because no one else would take him.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me

I knew it was long ago since I couldn't remember the last one we saved, but didn't know it was this long.

That says it all. We have lacked a top keeper since Lehmann and it costs us every season. I rate Ospina but not as our No1, and I dont rate Cech as our No1 either.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Get him starting for reminder of the season he deserve his chance specially cech bad form

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

People starting are getting carried away over a saved penalty, a very poorly taken penalty. Cech is still a better goalkeeper. Fine with Ospina in Europe where he is not as exposed on set pieces as in the PL. His work on crosses is awful.

Gotta agree with this, Ospina is a disaster in the PL imo. I'd play him vs City in the League Cup but for the league Cech is the better option.

say yes

forum master baiter
That says it all. We have lacked a top keeper since Lehmann and it costs us every season. I rate Ospina but not as our No1, and I dont rate Cech as our No1 either.

I’d go even further and say we’ve lacked a top keeper since Seaman.

05/06 season aside, Lehmann wasn’t a top keeper and cost us plenty of times.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
We’re here all thinking Cech is bad but this is criminal.
The sooner Ospina starts to start and then the sooner a new number 1 comes in the better.
I think the stat doesn't say that ospina is better. It just says that Cech has been poorer than most other keepers in the league.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Cech this season:
Save percentage - 61% (16th)
Errors Leading To Goal - 4 (1st)
Save percentage doesn't really mean much, what it says mainly is that we concede a lot of clear/free shots. 4 Errors obviously isn't good.

Ospina could become #1 but he brings his own issues. Maybe a better shot stopper but he's weak from set pieces, where Cech is pretty strong. I think we need to invest in a top quality keeper.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Save percentage doesn't really mean much, what it says mainly is that we concede a lot of clear/free shots. 4 Errors obviously isn't good.

Ospina could become #1 but he brings his own issues. Maybe a better shot stopper but he's weak from set pieces, where Cech is pretty strong. I think we need to invest in a top quality keeper.
Of course Cech isn't as bad as those stats say, you can put a part of the blame on our defense for that too, but Cech still has been one of our worst players this season, and one decent performance against Sp**s hasn't changed that. I don't see them in training so I don't say Ospina should start, but it reminds me the Laca/Giroud case earlier this season - Laca always started and he always got subbed off in the 70th minute no matter what, so again we still have Cech starting no matter how crap he has been. Ospina plays in the only competitions we can win so it doesn't bother me very much, but a new GK for the next season is a must.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
This guy is too small to deal with crosses, corners and big players in the box, but he's got good reactions most of the time.
One thing I've observed about Ospina is that after he makes a save that tends to be acrobatic, he'll touch his shoulder, elbow or wrists because he's in a certain amount of pain. This happened a lot of times throughout his spell here and makes me wonder if his physical form isn't that good or he's just plain fragile.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I’d go even further and say we’ve lacked a top keeper since Seaman.

05/06 season aside, Lehmann wasn’t a top keeper and cost us plenty of times.

In some ways I agree with that, however, his performance in the 2005 FA Cup final is one of the best goalkeeper performances I have ever seen. How Rooney got MoM was a complete joke...

Latest posts+

Top Bottom