• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Leon Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Please, please, please make this happen! Would be a massive statement if we could sign someone like this, we tried last summer with Mbappe but got priced out of a move, so ultimately I could see that happening again. Although I think Bailey would cost about if half of what Mbappe did.

Considering the amount of money we just offered Özil, you’d have to think we’re looking to go back to 4231 where he is suited best so we need pure wingers. Bailey and then a winger with less quality but high potential, possibly Pavón for squad rotation would be ideal. Might finally allow us to compete in all competitions if we recruit well in the summer.

Auba
Bailey - Özil - Mkhi

That’s superb front four. Then if we can get a pure dm and have Wilshere/ Ramsey to rotate for the other dm spot our squad suddenly looks a lot stronger.

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Never seen him play, but we need a wide forward like him. We don't have any legitimate wingers at the club - Mkh, Iwobi, Özil are all playmaker type players who drift inside whenever they play out wide. We need a bit of balance with someone who'll hug the touchline, dribble and/or run in behind more.

BBF

Pretty sure the England thing is completely made up, along with the Belgium and Malta thing.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Pretty sure the England thing is completely made up, along with the Belgium and Malta thing.
Nah, his Dad and him don’t want him to play for Jamaica and are forcing the situation. Weird case. Don’t know what will happen but it’s clear they’re trying to get him to play in a country and national team so they can increase his profile and make a **** ton of money.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Nah, his Dad and him don’t want him to play for Jamaica and are forcing the situation. Weird case. Don’t know what will happen but it’s clear they’re trying to get him to play in a country and national team so they can increase his profile and make a **** ton of money.

Yep, the guy is still mid-way through his breakout season and he's already starting up the flashy lucrative PR machine. He's clearly an ambitious guy, he'll make a lot of money for whichever team buys him.

BBF

Wait, what do you mean? :lol:

I was saying the England thing is made up for the same reasons you just said, but it's actually impossible for him to play for England unless he has an English grandparent which he allegedly doesn't.

Reactions: A_G

al-Ustaadh

Wait, what do you mean? :lol:

I was saying the England thing is made up for the same reasons you just said, but it's actually impossible for him to play for England unless he has an English grandparent which he allegedly doesn't.

It’s not made up though. His Dad and him are trying to find a permanent national team, as Bailey doesn’t want to play for Jamaica.
Any links here or is @al-Ustaadh feeding you guys with Arsestat and Dean rumours as usual?

Just me, I guess. Didn’t you know I’m ITK now?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Most reports say his grandparents hold British passports, that's not the same thing as them being English. If it's just based on passport, wouldn't he be eligible for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as well? IIRC that came up in the Januzaj for England debate.

BBF

It’s not made up though. His Dad and him are trying to find a permanent national team, as Bailey doesn’t want to play for Jamaica.

I think you're confusing two different things, or maybe I wasn't clear.

His dad is saying he's eligible for all these different countries, and the Bundesliga liga website first reported that.

But that is actually a lie because Jamaican media have said he isn't eligible for any of these countries which actually makes sense because the only countries he could only be eligible for are the ones in the UK if his grandparents are English. However, he doesn't have any English grandparents, so he's only eligible for Jamaica.

BBF

Most reports say his grandparents hold British passports, that's not the same thing as them being English. If it's just based on passport, wouldn't he be eligible for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as well? IIRC that came up in the Januzaj for England debate.

He could play for either through FIFA's rules, but it would void the archaic home nations agreement with the FA. like when Maik Taylor played for Northern Ireland despite having no ties to the country just because he had a UK passport.

Reactions: A_G

al-Ustaadh

I think you're confusing two different things, or maybe I wasn't clear.

His dad is saying he's eligible for all these different countries, and the Bundesliga liga website first reported that.

But that is actually a lie because Jamaican media have said he isn't eligible for any of these countries which actually makes sense because the only countries he could only be eligible for are the ones in the UK if his grandparents are English. However, he doesn't have any English grandparents, so he's only eligible for Jamaica.
Gotcha.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Sign him up! Gareth and Leon on the flanks, Woodburn up front with Aaron in the hole. Galacticos mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom