• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Toby Alderweireld

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
Toby is picking up muscle injuries. Shaw had a really bad career injury. He is also only 22 and homegrown. Monreal is getting on and Kola seems to be adapting. Shaw at a good price sorts that position out. There are not many top left backs available.

Doesn't change your statement from being utter bullocks. No expert in Sp**s/United players injurues, but I only know about this one injury he's had this season that has kept him out until now.

Shaw is crap. No better than Chambers. Imagine wanting that useless clown instead of a superb defender. Happy you'e not the manager mate.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Would take Kieran Tierney over Luke Shaw without even thinking about it. I've never been that impressed with Shaw, in my opinion he's another media hype job.

Tierney or Sessegnon all day long.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Doesn't change your statement from being utter bullocks. No expert in Sp**s/United players injurues, but I only know about this one injury he's had this season that has kept him out until now.

Shaw is crap. No better than Chambers. Imagine wanting that useless clown instead of a superb defender. Happy you'e not the manager mate.

I'm not claiming to be an expert but I can do so without calling your statement bollocks and making stupid comments about being happy I'm not the manager. You are genuinely one of the most immature posters on this forum which is ironic considering your name and avatar is from a film character who is actually capable of voicing an opinion eloquently.

Here's the fact. Alderweidweld has been injured for 197 days the past three seasons combined with hamstring and knee injuries.

Koscielny has been injured for 268 days his entire Arsenal career. Toby is getting more injured the older he gets. I'd rather we don't buy him.

Now do me a favour and don't quote me again.

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Seems like the media have missed out on the news that Vertonghen's contract is set to expire before Alderweireld's. All the publicity is headed over towards Alderweireld.

Stannis

Seems like the media have missed out on the news that Vertonghen's contract is set to expire before Alderweireld's. All the publicity is headed over towards Alderweireld.

they expire at the same time

Alderweireld just has an option for a 1-year extension but that will also kick in his relatively low release clause.

Also no doubt Alderwiereld is more keen to leave, his manager is probably briefing the media

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

they expire at the same time

Alderweireld just has an option for a 1-year extension but that will also kick in his relatively low release clause.

Also no doubt Alderwiereld is more keen to leave, his manager is probably briefing the media

Which is why Vertonghen's is set to expire before.

This is pretty unrealistic.

Sp**s NOW are not the Sp**s of 2001, when we got Campbell. I think he's more likely to join United, City, or Real MAdrid/Barca. People make comparisons with Campbell and understandably so, but let's be honest. I hate that lot with a passion, but on the pitch they are a bit ahead of us now. In 2001, they were miles behind us.

The only thing we could offer is more wages, but then United can offer more, as could City. I'd love it to happen, but then i think fans are looking too much at Sol, which again was based on very different circumstances. That said there is NO way they can cite their power shift bullshit if we get their best defender. Sp**s have never poached our best players in their prime.

Malky

Established Member
Tierney was excellent under Deila, not sure Brenda has much credit there.
Tierney has also been outstanding for Scotland, he's that good he's been used as a RB ( so Robertson can play as LB ) and he's still been our best player.
Dembele, Sinclair, Griffiths and Brown are the ones that seem to always be in the spot light at Celtic but Tierney is the real star of that Celtic squad.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Would take Kieran Tierney over Luke Shaw without even thinking about it. I've never been that impressed with Shaw, in my opinion he's another media hype job.
He had one good season, then a big injury that will (at least in the media's eyes) cover the fact that he simply isn't a very good footballer.

Re: the thread, I would LOVE if we poach one of Spuds' CBs.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Tierney has also been outstanding for Scotland, he's that good he's been used as a RB ( so Robertson can play as LB ) and he's still been our best player.
Dembele, Sinclair, Griffiths and Brown are the ones that seem to always be in the spot light at Celtic but Tierney is the real star of that Celtic squad.

I periodically think about where he'll end up. City have Mendy so that won't happen. Liverpool would be a good fit but they've just bought Robertson so i'm not sure. Utd also a good fit but it looks like they might buy Rose. I wonder if Sp**s'll get Sessegnon and I just can't imagine Tierney at Chelsea. That leaves us ;) But we have Kolasinac, also a force of nature but not quite Tierney levels.

Malky

Established Member
I periodically think about where he'll end up. City have Mendy so that won't happen. Liverpool would be a good fit but they've just bought Robertson so i'm not sure. Utd also a good fit but it looks like they might buy Rose. I wonder if Sp**s'll get Sessegnon and I just can't imagine Tierney at Chelsea. That leaves us ;) But we have Kolasinac, also a force of nature but not quite Tierney levels.
With us having Monreal and Kolasinac I seriously doubt we'll even attempt to sign Tierney, I just can't see Wenger selling Monreal, or moving him to CB permanently. Kola I doubt will get sold after one season.
The funny thing is Tierney would be excellent in Chelsea's system as a LWB, but they also have two good players already there. United could happen (pray to god it doesn't) but he's been linked as a possible Shaw replacement and it could all depend on how much Sp**s demand for Rose.
I just can't see us signing him, unfortunately. Unless Wenger has doubt about Kola as our long term LB or he see's Tierney as a serious option at RB.
The bonus with Tierney is he would be ' home grown ' so we could afford to lose another HG player (Welbz or Ramsey, if he refuses the contract extension) ?

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
With us having Monreal and Kolasinac I seriously doubt we'll even attempt to sign Tierney, I just can't see Wenger selling Monreal, or moving him to CB permanently. Kola I doubt will get sold after one season.
The funny thing is Tierney would be excellent in Chelsea's system as a LWB, but they also have two good players already there. United could happen (pray to god it doesn't) but he's been linked as a possible Shaw replacement and it could all depend on how much Sp**s demand for Rose.
I just can't see us signing him, unfortunately. Unless Wenger has doubt about Kola as our long term LB or he see's Tierney as a serious option at RB.
The bonus with Tierney is he would be ' home grown ' so we could afford to lose another HG player (Welbz or Ramsey, if he refuses the contract extension) ?

Thing is Rose already has one foot out the door, once Poch turns on you you're finished. So i'm sure he'll go to Utd. As for Kolasinac I do wonder if we could turn a good profit on him, sell him to Juve or someone and use the money to buy Tierney. But that's fifa stuff really, I doubt Wenger would ever do that. I do know that Arsenal have scouted Tierney, but I guess everyone has.

Maybe Tierney could stay one more year in the SPL, but surely he has to move soon, no?

Malky

Established Member
Thing is Rose already has one foot out the door, once Poch turns on you you're finished. So i'm sure he'll go to Utd. As for Kolasinac I do wonder if we could turn a good profit on him, sell him to Juve or someone and use the money to buy Tierney. But that's fifa stuff really, I doubt Wenger would ever do that. I do know that Arsenal have scouted Tierney, but I guess everyone has.

Maybe Tierney could stay one more year in the SPL, but surely he has to move soon, no?
He could stay for another year but some of the lads I play football with are Celtic fans and they said the that the feeling is he, along with Dembele, are gone in the summer - there's too much interest in both. The question is just where they end up?
Selling Kolasinac isn't that far fetched, doubtful but there's a chance it could happen if a big offer comes in. I really like Kolasinac, but if it meant replacing him with Tierney then I wouldn't be against selling him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He could stay for another year but some of the lads I play football with are Celtic fans and they said the that the feeling is he, along with Dembele, are gone in the summer - there's too much interest in both. The question is just where they end up?
Selling Kolasinac isn't that far fetched, doubtful but there's a chance it could happen if a big offer comes in. I really like Kolasinac, but if it meant replacing him with Tierney then I wouldn't be against selling him.

Tierney & Bellerin as our fullbacks <3

Top Bottom