• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I understand the problem of having three attacking midfielders and no real wingers from a tactical point of view; the danger is that the middle of the park will become congested and there'll be loads of space down the sides left open with no one attacking it. Personally I'd always look to emulate the Bayern frontline with two Ribery/Robben-esque wingers flanking a central striker.

But if a player of Fekir's quality becomes available I don't think Wenger will care one bit, and I'd be very excited to have him. Firstly it's not impossible to instruct Fekir/Özil/Mkhi to interchange positions and stay wide at different times. Secondly I just think his quality will stand out. Some of those wingers mentioned above are great players and I'd like to see a few of them at Arsenal, but none of them have (or are yet to have) that outstanding talismanic quality that Fekir produces.

Auba/Laca/Özil/Mkhi/Fekir would be an outrageously talented set of attacking players to have in a squad. You'd just have to sort out the shambles going on behind them.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
its not like we didn't have that before

RVP
Rosicky Cesc Hleb Wilshere
Flamini/Song
Exactly. Fekir would be Hleb in this scenario.

----------------Aubameyang------------
Mkhitaryan-------Özil-----------Fekir---
-----------Xhaka-----------Ramsey--------

Although I still think we need more mobility and athleticism in midfield. Strength and height as well.

Although I still think we need more mobility and athleticism in midfield. Strength and height as well.

1200px-Patrick_Vieira_NYCFC.JPG

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Exactly. Fekir would be Hleb in this scenario.

----------------Aubameyang------------
Mkhitaryan-------Özil-----------Fekir---
-----------Xhaka-----------Ramsey--------

We will still concede more than we score.

Or do we have Ramos and Boateng lined up behind them?

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
We will still concede more than we score.

Or do we have Ramos and Boateng lined up behind them?
You’re a ****in’ quick one, aren’t you?! We need a new midfield and central defense if we want anything close to the contemporary Invincibles.

Jae

Fekir is the modern day Gourcuff, we'll get linked with him every transfer window but it's never going to happen.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
Why don't we just put together Lyon & BVB and create the new Arsenal lol I am all for it!

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Wilfred Ndidi

^ This guy knows.

Ndidi pretty much allows you to do whatever you want further forward. You can play a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-3 or even a 4-4-2. In theory you could play him alongside any combination of Ramsey/Wilshere/Xhaka/AMN and he'd bring the best out in them.

Also he'd allow our full-backs to attack and provide width by using his mobility to cover their space, that could potentially make up for our lack of wingers as our full-backs would play like wingers and our attackers could come inside and interplay with each other. So for example if you wanted to buy Fekir, you could place him on the right wing and he could still come inside when he wanted to because Bellerin would have licence to roam forward knowing there's Ndidi covering behind.

Leicester would want a good profit on him, but not Mahrez-level profit. 35-40m would surely be enough, any more and they'd be taking the piss.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
^ This guy knows.

Ndidi pretty much allows you to do whatever you want further forward. You can play a 4-2-3-1, a 4-3-3 or even a 4-4-2. In theory you could play him alongside any combination of Ramsey/Wilshere/Xhaka/AMN and he'd bring the best out in them.

Also he'd allow our full-backs to attack and provide width by using his mobility to cover their space, that could potentially make up for our lack of wingers as our full-backs would play like wingers and our attackers could come inside and interplay with each other. So for example if you wanted to buy Fekir, you could place him on the right wing and he could still come inside when he wanted to because Bellerin would have licence to roam forward knowing there's Ndidi covering behind.

Leicester would want a good profit on him, but not Mahrez-level profit. 35-40m would surely be enough, any more and they'd be taking the piss.

Or just skip out the middle man and get our players straight from Genk, Sander Berge being the obvious candidate. Genk's production line is incredible: Koulibaly, Ndidi, Bailey, Milinkovic-Savic, De Bruyne, Courtois etc

Stannis

Or just skip out the middle man and get our players straight from Genk, Sander Berge being the obvious candidate. Genk's production line is incredible: Koulibaly, Ndidi, Bailey, Milinkovic-Savic, De Bruyne, Courtois etc

That kid is gonna be amazing in the future. Physically it’s like he is out of a test tube, 6’5, strong, fast yet still pretty agile.

The issue is he won’t be the instant impact we need just yet imo, but I wish we buy him and loan him out.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
That kid is gonna be amazing in the future. Physically it’s like he is out of a test tube, 6’5, strong, fast yet still pretty agile.

The issue is he won’t be the instant impact we need just yet imo, but I wish we buy him and loan him out.

I agree he's still a prospect right now, but the thing is I reckon our policy will be to target one or two established names and then bring in prospects elsewhere.

For example the positions we need are GK, CB, DM, winger and back-up RB. But we're not gonna bring in an established name for all of those, maybe just two. I think from now on we'll continue our ambitions with one or two big signings, but we'll try to save money by buying a player before they get too expensive. Wenger himself has said that's what we will try to do, the arrival of Mislintat also suggests that.

We've seen with Mbappe that if you don't bring somebody in they can be out of your reach by the next transfer window. I can fully imagine the club buying Berge and developing him instead of seeing him develop elsewhere until he's too expensive.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
So say that Oblak, Koulibaly, Fabinho & Fekir are our primary targets, maybe we'll get two of them while going for prospects such as Lafont, Pavard, Berge & Ismaila Sarr otherwise.

Top Bottom