• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

David Ospina: On Loan to Napoli

pacstud

This guy is too small to deal with crosses, corners and big players in the box, but he's got good reactions most of the time.
One thing I've observed about Ospina is that after he makes a save that tends to be acrobatic, he'll touch his shoulder, elbow or wrists because he's in a certain amount of pain. This happened a lot of times throughout his spell here and makes me wonder if his physical form isn't that good or he's just plain fragile.
Seems soft and more so for a keeper.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I’d go even further and say we’ve lacked a top keeper since Seaman.

05/06 season aside, Lehmann wasn’t a top keeper and cost us plenty of times.

I very nearly wrote Seaman but I decided on Jens because he was so much better than anything we've had since. I loved Seaman, I used to shout "Rock" every time he pulled off a great save. My wife was convinced our keeper was called Rock, she even asked me years later if Rock was still playing :lol:

Ospina > Cech?
Cech > Ospina?
Rock and a Hard place.
They're both **** and need binning in the summer!

Oh really, they are ****?
Ospina's only problem: he is to small.
Cech: won how many trophies? Look at his record playing for Chelsea (a team that actually knew how to defend) and his record at Arsenal (nothing to say anymore about our defense...).

Your post is absolute ****. How about we bin you now?

Malky

Established Member
Oh really, they are ****?
Ospina's only problem: he is to small.
Cech: won how many trophies? Look at his record playing for Chelsea (a team that actually knew how to defend) and his record at Arsenal (nothing to say anymore about our defense...).

Your post is absolute ****. How about we bin you now?

Yes they are!
Ospina is just your typical "camera keeper" - pulls of a good reaction save but then flaps at every cross that comes into the box and puts our defense under pressure, he's the stereotype South American keeper - never looks reassuring with handling and that's a massive issue in the Premiership. Granted he's more likely to save a penalty and at this point in the season, if I had to pick, I'd let Ospina start the remainder of our games but only because Cech has been so poor.
Bloody hell, you're rating Cech on his PAST success, this isn't 2012 anymore, players get older and they decline! Yes he's had a great career but he's been rubbish for us in the grand scale of his time here, he's had some good games but the rest is terrible. So it's our defenses problem that he's beat at his near post alot or that his reactions are slow or his distribution is atrocious? Read the previous page about individual errors leading to goals and Cech's makes for grim reading.

So your whole argument was based on - Ospina's not crap, he's just small and Cech's won trophies at Chelsea so that still makes him a great keeper? :lol: Yeah, well done!

I stick by my original post, we need to upgrade both keepers, neither are good enough.

Last edited:
Yes they are!
Ospina is just your typical "camera keeper" - pulls of a good reaction save but then flaps at every cross that comes into the box and puts our defense under pressure, he's the stereotype South American keeper - never looks reassuring with handling and that's a massive issue in the Premiership. Granted he's more likely to save a penalty and at this point in the season, if I had to pick, I'd let Ospina start the remainder of our games but only because Cech has been so poor.
Bloody hell, you're rating Cech on his PAST success, this isn't 2012 anymore, players get older and they decline! Yes he's had a great career but he's been rubbish for us in the grand scale of his time here, he's had some good games but the rest is terrible. So it's our defenses problem that he's beat at his near post alot or that his reactions are slow or his distribution is atrocious? Read the previous page about individual errors leading to goals and Cech's makes for grim reading.

So your whole argument was based on - Ospina's not crap, he's just small and Cech's won trophies at Chelsea so that still makes him a great keeper? :lol: Yeah, well done!

I stick by my original post, we need to upgrade both keepers, neither are good enough.

I did not even read all that smartness your wrote. But hey, it seems you noticed your lack of judgment.

"neither are good enough" is somewhat plausible, but "they are ****" is stupid and for someone who pretends to support the club those ****s are playing for just shameful.

Malky

Established Member
I did not even read all that smartness your wrote. But hey, it seems you noticed your lack of judgment.

"neither are good enough" is somewhat plausible, but "they are ****" is stupid and for someone who pretends to support the club those ****s are playing for just shameful.
:lol: What a petty, narrow minded reply.
The fact that you've completely 'ignored' the valid points that I've made and decided to hide the fact you have no knowledge of the position to form a respectable argument, so in return you attack my " pretend support " of the club?
I want what's best for this club, I want us to be successful and the goalkeeper position is one that is holding us back.
Cech is a Chelsea legend but even they knew he was in a heavy decline about 5 years ago and decided to replace him, yet we persist with him when there is far, far better keepers we could, and should be signing. He was supposed to be the ' stop gap ' while Szczesny was on loan or we found a replacement.
Ospina is a back-up, nothing more, not good enough or reliable enough to be considered a long term first choice.
Because fans criticize or don't like certain players of their club doesn't make them less of a fan, or let others question their support.

Last edited:
:lol: What a petty, narrow minded reply.
The fact that you've completely 'ignored' the valid points that I've made and decided to hide the fact you have no knowledge of the position to form a respectable argument, so in return you attack my " pretend support " of the club?
I want what's best for this club, I want us to be successful and the goalkeeper position is one that is holding us back.
Cech is a Chelsea legend but even they knew he was in a heavy decline about 5 years ago and decided to replace him, yet we persist with him when there is far, far better keepers we could, and should be signing. He was supposed to be the ' stop gap ' while Szczesny was on loan or we found a replacement.
Ospina is a back-up, nothing more, not good enough or reliable enough to be considered a long term first choice.
Because fans criticize or don't like certain players of their club doesn't make them less of a fan, or let others question their support.

Insulting people in general makes you ****.
Insulting the players who you pretend to be a fan of makes you even worse.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Last keeper to have an outstanding game for us was Fabianski

RichWeath

Responding to someone's post after not reading their responses properly makes you a ****ing idiot!

And insulting someone while calling them **** (insulting them) for having an opinion on a player, makes you a prick!

Get of your high horse and accept your opinion isn't the only!

Malky

Established Member
You claim I've insulted someone when all I've actually done is criticized them and backed it up with valid reasons, reasons that you can't form a case against. So your resorting to insulting me to try and make a point? Yeah well done, princess, great logic.
I've never said I was a fan of Cech or Ospina so that makes your point invalid. I'll admit on the very rare occasion that they play well I'll praise them, doesn't mean to say I should be happy that either are at the club.
If you also have a look at the Cech thread you'll see that I respect Cech the man and the career he's had but as an Arsenal player I think he's **** and we need an upgrade.
Looking forward to another petty reply from you.

You claim I've insulted someone when all I've actually done is criticized them and backed it up with valid reasons, reasons that you can't form a case against. So your resorting to insulting me to try and make a point? Yeah well done, princess, great logic.
I've never said I was a fan of Cech or Ospina so that makes your point invalid. I'll admit on the very rare occasion that they play well I'll praise them, doesn't mean to say I should be happy that either are at the club.
If you also have a look at the Cech thread you'll see that I respect Cech the man and the career he's had but as an Arsenal player I think he's **** and we need an upgrade.
Looking forward to another petty reply from you.

Did again not even read your post, but you posted this, didn't you:
"They're both **** and need binning in the summer!"

Malky

Established Member
Did again not even read your post, but you posted this, didn't you:
"They're both **** and need binning in the summer!"
Replying to people without reading what they've wrote is childish and pathetic. Again, petty and narrow minded.
Yes that is what I wrote. Both of them are crap options and need replacing in the summer. What's your problem with that?

HBL

Established Member
People actually think this mug should be number 1?

Have a word with yourself if you do.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
He got lucky when Bonucci missed the ball from the corner, but it's nice to have a keeper who can leave the goal.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Cleat sheet. 9/10 performance, against AC Milan.

Make him #1.
For his height he is a very decent goal keeper. I think we need to sell Cech in the summer and make Ospina the first choice with Macey as his backup. Martinez stays on loan and we’ll see if he can improve.

c00lguy

Ospina never really had his chance to be #1 really. He never had his string of games to prove himself and he's had to be in Cech's shadow by name only.
He's always been a good keeper. Not top quality but good nonetheless. Did well in previous FA cups. I remember he was good in the world cup too.
Wenger should give him a shot to be #1 and we'll see how it goes.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom