• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Abdoulaye Doucoure

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I watched the program and he comes across very well, very polite and diplomatic. He clearly aims to move to a bigger club as he was very coy when asked if he wanted to stay at Watford beyond this season. He also really wants to get into the French national side. Based on that I'd say if we came in with a fair offer for him he'd be very keen to join us.

He's also clear that goals aren't his main quality, he sees himself as a box-to-box player who'll cover 12km every game and track his opponents.

Let's hope Wenger was watching too.

LacaNewSigning

Exactly what we've been missing in midfield, guy can handle his own in a battle and wont allow us to get bullied anymore whilst also got the technical ability to get the ball down and play. Please can we just revert to the old days where we had pace, power and technical ability all rolled into 1 not just the latter.

Tom349

Doucoure makes sense if you sign a player like Max Meyer. Have Meyer sit and dictate play and intercept when necessary while Dourcoure does the dirty work up the field, specifically pressing and when possible make dangerous runs into the penalty box. Not to different from Ramsey/Arteta in Özil first year here. The key to making it work defensively is to have strong intercepting defenders i.e. peak Koscienly and Musafit on his good days and for Dourcoure to know when he should or shouldn't be pressing.

Stannis

While he is a good player I dont think he solves the underlying issue that we don't have anyone to screen our defence.

If we continue to play Özil as a ten ( which we should to get the best out him) Doucoure won't be the answer.

If Ramsey thinks his future is elsewhere then id go for him, otherwise bigger priorities

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think Xhaka would fare better next to someone like Doucoure. Xhaka is essentially a regista, so having someone mobile like Doucoure next to him would benefit him. You don't necessarily need someone like Max Meyer. Xhaka plays very well next to Zakaria for Switzerland, imo Doucoure plays a similar style to Zakaria, he's just more developed in his career.

I don't get this idea that Doucoure would be a Ramsey replacement, they're nothing alike. Doucoure is better defensively than any of our current CMs. There's no reason why he couldn't come in and make us more solid and help us dominate the midfield battle. He'd be a good buy.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
I think Xhaka would fare better next to someone like Doucoure. Xhaka is essentially a regista, so having someone mobile like Doucoure next to him would benefit him. You don't necessarily need someone like Max Meyer. Xhaka plays very well next to Zakaria for Switzerland, imo Doucoure plays a similar style to Zakaria, he's just more developed in his career.

I don't get this idea that Doucoure would be a Ramsey replacement, they're nothing alike. Doucoure is better defensively than any of our current CMs. There's no reason why he couldn't come in and make us more solid and help us dominate the midfield battle. He'd be a good buy.

Xhaka is not good enough to buy a player for him lol.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Xhaka is not good enough to buy a player for him lol.

I'm not a raving fan of Xhaka, I think he's been poor this season. But I also see his qualities and I recognise that he's not a DM so we're always gonna criticise him if that's what we expect him to be. He's a regista and he's generally a pretty good one, his passing stats are consistently very good. I don't see a reason why he can't improve in the future.

Generally regista's perform better with someone mobile next to them, Doucoure fits the bill. That's not to say Doucoure couldn't also play next to Ramsey, Wilshere, AMN or any of them in a 3 man midfield.

Tom349

Xhaka can't handle being pressed, it's one of the biggest reasons we struggle away from home as teams press us.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Xhaka can't handle being pressed, it's one of the biggest reasons we struggle away from home as teams press us.

I agree, which is why having someone mobile next to him would help out. In any case if it's a big away game we could just opt not to play Xhaka. I'm not saying Xhaka would have to play with Doucoure, just that he'd probably play better with him.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
He would walk to our midfield from what I've been seen from him he look similar to Ramsey full of energy and like to go forward

Latest posts+

Top Bottom