• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

Stannis

I can fully imagine the club buying Berge and developing him instead of seeing him develop elsewhere until he's too expensive.

If we cant get an established player then I hope this is the case. I cant see us doing both as Berge will probably cost 15 - 20 million.

Berge is the kind of player to go to a Monaco then leave 2 years later for 60 million

A part of me just wants to take the gamble. You know that physically the kid will have no issues, his primary concern will be moving the ball faster IMO

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we cant get an established player then I hope this is the case. I cant see us doing both as Berge will probably cost 15 - 20 million.

Berge is the kind of player to go to a Monaco then leave 2 years later for 60 million

A part of me just wants to take the gamble. You know that physically the kid will have no issues, his primary concern will be moving the ball faster IMO

Yes, I think in some cases we will take that gamble. The market dictates that we can't sign 4 or 5 top quality established names; we're not going to spend 250m in one summer.

As fans we can't have it both ways. We want instant quality right now, but when we see a young player exploding at another club we lament the fact we didn't bring them in earlier. Sometimes we'll bring in instant quality and sometimes some prospects, we just have to accept that.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think if we only bought prospects that'd be a bit worrying, but if the club goes and takes a risk on a player like Ismaila Sarr, are the fans going to kick up a fuss or accept that the overall risk/reward template? There's no point in revamping the scouting department if you're only happy with established names.

Stannis

I think if we only bought prospects that'd be a bit worrying, but if the club goes and takes a risk on a player like Ismaila Sarr, are the fans going to kick up a fuss or accept that the overall risk/reward template? There's no point in revamping the scouting department if you're only happy with established names.

if we don't get an experienced top European quality player for either CB or DM then yeah fans will flip out and rightly so IMO. Especially in CB, I don't see the point in another prospect when you have lost 2 senior CBs and have another who can only play a game a week at best.

For an attacking position though I think fans will be satisfied with a prospect given what we already have.

Ideally, Arsenal will fill 2 out of 3 positions ( GK, CB, DM) with top quality players.

If we spend another 55 million on a forward though and ignore other players we will be hearing a lot more "blud" "fam" and "hamroll"

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
if we don't get an experienced top European quality player for either CB or DM then yeah fans will flip out and rightly so IMO. Especially in CB, I don't see the point in another prospect when you have lost 2 senior CBs and have another who can only play a game a week at best.

For an attacking position though I think fans will be satisfied with a prospect given what we already have.

Ideally, Arsenal will fill 2 out of 3 positions ( GK, CB, DM) with top quality players.

If we spend another 55 million on a forward though and ignore other players we will be hearing a lot more "blud" "fam" and "hamroll"

You can't exactly say no to Fekir though. He can play anywhere behind the striker and also as the centre forward. At his age when Özil leaves he would be in his prime to take us forward. Fekir, Özil and Mhiki would be clever enough to rotate positions offensively and defensively.

If that is how we intend to build, then we would need a destroyer alongside Xhaka and it makes sense to get Zakaria, age wise and because they play together.

------------------------------Auba
-----Mhiki-------------------Özil--------------Fekir

----------------Xhaka-------------Zakaria
Monreal------------------------------------------Bellerin

------------------Koscielny-----Koulibaly

-----------------------------Oblak

One can dream.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

Why would filling 2 out of 3 positions with top players be ideal? We need all three.

Stannis

Why would filling 2 out of 3 positions with top players be ideal? We need all three.

Ideal within in the bounds of realism

Koulibaly will be more than 50 million
Oblak will be more than 50 million
Fabinho will be more than 50 millon

and i havent even included the likes of Fekir or Malcom who will also be around that area.

Even with 200 million, i find it hard we will spend whats required unless we sell Lacazette, in which case we have to replace him as well.

Not to mention other clubs will be after these players.

Liverpool need a goalkeeper, as will Chelsea if Thibaut runs back to Madrid. Plus PSG could also come in for Oblak.

Koulibaly is someone that will be in demand, Chelsea has also been after him for a while and need to replace Cahil and Sideshow Bob.

Fahinho is already a dream, most likely headed to Man Utd

say though that we end up with Manolas, some worthy DM and Fekir but keep Cech as number 1.

It's not great but I will be satisfied.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Ideal within in the bounds of realism

Koulibaly will be more than 50 million
Oblak will be more than 50 million
Fabinho will be more than 50 millon

and i havent even included the likes of Fekir or Malcom who will also be around that area.

Even with 200 million, i find it hard we will spend whats required unless we sell Lacazette, in which case we have to replace him as well.

Not to mention other clubs will be after these players.

Liverpool need a goalkeeper, as will Chelsea if Thibaut runs back to Madrid. Plus PSG could also come in for Oblak.

Koulibaly is someone that will be in demand, Chelsea has also been after him for a while and need to replace Cahil and Sideshow Bob.

Fahinho is already a dream, most likely headed to Man Utd

say though that we end up with Manolas, some worthy DM and Fekir but keep Cech as number 1.

It's not great but I will be satisfied.
Given our last two windows and the finances involved, I don't think it unreasonable to expect a big spend this summer.

Stannis

Given our last two windows and the finances involved, I don't think it unreasonable to expect a big spend this summer.

it's not unreasonable at all but this is Arsenal.

Recent events give me hope, but I have been bitten too many times.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

Our last two windows we've sold more than we've bought overall. We still haven't demonstrated that we're prepared to go significantly in the red.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
If we do sell Lacazette to get Fekir, we're left with Danny Welbeck as our only real backup at CF.

isn't there any young prospect in Giroud mold, who's an ounce faster and most importantly, attainable? a next lewandowski? someone who could develop steadily, preferably faster and more of a certainty to come good than Nketiah?

our record at producing or recruiting CF has been atrocious recently. afobe, akpom, sanogo, park, welbeck, asano, perez. giroud is the most successful/decent we've had since RVP stopped being permacrock for 18 months.

If we do sell Lacazette to get Fekir, we're left with Danny Welbeck as our only real backup at CF.

isn't there any young prospect in Giroud mold, who's an ounce faster and most importantly, attainable? a next lewandowski? someone who could develop steadily, preferably faster and more of a certainty to come good than Nketiah?

our record at producing or recruiting CF has been atrocious recently. afobe, akpom, sanogo, park, welbeck, asano, perez. giroud is the most successful/decent we've had since RVP stopped being permacrock for 18 months.

Would be lovely to get rid of Lacazette and Welbeck in the summer and invest in some talent!

Stannis

We missed out on Alexander Sørloth. Moved to Palace in the recent window. 6’4but quick and agile, the Norwegians really produce some freaks. He actually sometimes played on the wings for FC Midtjylland because they have another striker who is 6’7. He scored against United when they beat them last year I believe

Can’t think of any other young promising target men, though. Sure they are out there

Last edited:

smashed

Who is going to want to buy Laca?

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
Who is going to want to buy Laca?

The more pertinent question is probably why would we sell him. but we never know though, it seems that Arsène was never fully convinced about him and only moved last season after missing out on primary targets.

Considering that, and seeing as Atletico were chasing him last summer until they ran into some issues, it might be a good opportunity for all parties to move him on without too much of a loss (5-10m hit would be absorbable, especially if it paves the way for Oblak).

it's just that Auba is a faster, more clinical and more confident version of Laca at the moment, and we're crying out for a target man as we've seen with repeated appeals to Giroud's appearance.

smashed

The more pertinent question is probably why would we sell him. but we never know though, it seems that Arséne was never fully convinced about him and only moved last season after missing out on primary targets.

Considering that, and seeing as Atletico were chasing him last summer until they ran into some issues, it might be a good opportunity for all parties to move him on without too much of a loss (5-10m hit would be absorbable, especially if it paves the way for Oblak).

it's just that Auba is a faster, more clinical and more confident version of Laca at the moment, and we're crying out for a target man as we've seen with repeated appeals to Giroud's appearance.

I guess they are both pertinent. You may to sell, but you cannot do it without a buyer. I cannot see any team taking him for big money. This has the Arsenal stamp all over it... buy a player for a decent amount and either play him out of position or not at all (or with inadequate service from teammates) and then be forced to loan him out season after season instead of selling.

Giroud12

We missed out on Alexander Sørloth. Moved to Palace in the recent window. 6’4but quick and agile, the Norwegians really produce some freaks. He actually sometimes played on the wings for FC Midtjylland because they have another striker who is 6’7. He scored against United when they beat them last year I believe

Can’t think of any other young promising target men, though. Sure they are out there

Assuming your Norwegian? Dont think hes anywhere near Arsenal level.
Can do OK for Palace, but current Bendtner is much better, for example.

Theres a reason the main focus of this transfer was on the ridicolus transfer fee, and not the transfer itself. Most experts seem to agree it was way too high. He did really bad in Holland and has only played one season in Denmark. Shot in the dark as far as Im concerned, but of course it might turn out good in the end for Palace.

Newchange

Selling laca is not an option. He stays and fights for his place like he would do at any other major club. Bringing fekir to the club could be a masterstoke in raising his morale and confidence. He was close with coquelin whos now left and the same way miki and auba work well together same goes for laca and fekir.

Stannis

Assuming your Norwegian? Dont think hes anywhere near Arsenal level.
Can do OK for Palace, but current Bendtner is much better, for example.

Theres a reason the main focus of this transfer was on the ridicolus transfer fee, and not the transfer itself. Most experts seem to agree it was way too high. He did really bad in Holland and has only played one season in Denmark. Shot in the dark as far as Im concerned, but of course it might turn out good in the end for Palace.

Haha no literally other side of the world in Australia.
I think just because of how often we are getting bullied I am over emphasising getting muscle into the team. I get though that it’s a simplistic view to have, we need the technical quality as well. Didn’t know that Sørloth had done that badly, nor do I ever seen him as starter but I felt he could have been an good squad option and offer something different now Giroud is gone.

Will be interesting to see how he does at palace

Latest posts+

Top Bottom