• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

A Bald Fraud's Chester City

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Probably because you were defensively poor also. That part isn't a freak accident.
The fact that you allowed us 33 shots at goal shows your defence were a lot worse, but fortunately our shooting was not good enough and you probably have the best keeper in the world, who not for the first time, saved your arse.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

I don't believe in freak accidents in football, not unless we're talking about a lightening bolt striking the ball in mid-flight and diverting it's course. 2 CB handing the ball to an opposition team is a terrible mistake not an accident.
:lol: Every knows you could have played that match twenty times and City would have won 19 of them.

There's a huge amount of luck in football, that's been written about over and over . . . refs making mistakes, injuries to key players, rebounds flying wide, and most of all because it's a very low scoring sport.

The only people who never acknowledge this, are frustrated Wenger critics because they are desperate to make sure Arsenal never have any excuses for their narrative. :lol:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

The fact that you allowed us 33 shots at goal shows your defence were a lot worse, but fortunately our shooting was not good enough and you probably have the best keeper in the world, who not for the first time, saved your arse.

Is he not part of our defence? Tired of people arguing about De Gea like he's some separate entity. He's as much part of our defence as Smalling or whoever is playing to stop the opposition from scoring. I agree though we could do with improvements. Thankfully Bailly has returned.

Besides, I wasn't arguing about who is worse, I did say you're bad defensively "also." My point is about how your loss isn't counted as some freak incident because you've shown defensive frailties in the past.

M18CTID

Is he not part of our defence? Tired of people arguing about De Gea like he's some separate entity. He's as much part of our defence as Smalling or whoever is playing to stop the opposition from scoring. I agree though we could do with improvements. Thankfully Bailly has returned.

Besides, I wasn't arguing about who is worse, I did say you're bad defensively "also." My point is about how your loss isn't counted as some freak incident because you've shown defensive frailties in the past.

Now now JMB - we can't be having your players doing their job properly mate ;)

That said, De Gea has been incredible on plenty of occasions for you when most of the rest of the team haven't been performing particularly well. I wish he'd just sign for Real Madrid. Poxy fax machine!

M18CTID

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that a record number of goal attempts United had ever faced in a Premier League match? So regardless of defensive mistakes on Arsenal's part in that game, you make a good point in fairness.

While I didn't see the game, by all accounts Arsenal bombarded United's goal after they went 2 up early on and on another day it could easily have been a different outcome. However, the narrative in certain sections of the media was that it was an end-to-end game but the stats don't quite back that up!

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that a record number of goal attempts United had ever faced in a Premier League match? So regardless of defensive mistakes on Arsenal's part in that game, you make a good point in fairness.

While I didn't see the game, by all accounts Arsenal bombarded United's goal after they went 2 up early on and on another day it could easily have been a different outcome. However, the narrative in certain sections of the media was that it was an end-to-end game but the stats don't quite back that up!
The game was a rout bro, from start to finish. xG 4.56! 33 shots at goal. Our season average is 16 . . so that's more than double. De Gea pulled off a WC double save at one point.

Mustafi and Kos made two horrendous unforced errors that produced a score line that is beyond belief.

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

The game was a rout bro, from start to finish. xG 4.56! 33 shots at goal. Our season average is 16 . . so that's more than double. De Gea pulled off a WC double save at one point.

Mustafi and Kos made two horrendous unforced errors that produced a score line that is beyond belief.

And that's the first time they've ever done that right? Freak accident surely.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
And that's the first time they've ever done that right? Freak accident surely.
The freak accident isn't that mistakes were made in the game, the freak accident was not only the timing (i.e. back to back errors in a matter of minutes) but the manner in which our response yielded no outcome.

The freak accident is that your gameplan was not dependant on scoring two goals early and getting bombarded throughout the game. It's freaky because those things came out of absolutely nowhere.

Similar to Cechs case. It was a freak accident given how unforced things were leading to it.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Just tired of your squad cost agenda sneaking into every thread. I don't understand why you are so insecure of your theory that you have to keep repeating it.
:lol: The post you were mocking had nothing to do with squad cost.

IslingtonBornandbred

I just fail to see how anyone could rate Pep as some contributor to football.

skysports-pep-guardiola-guardiola-man-city_4108875.jpg

XgxMiA

I just fail to see how anyone could rate Pep as some contributor to football.
I love this :D

Anyways, onwards and upwards, 5 more wins and the title is ours. I'd still doubt us doing it if we were 4 points ahead with one to play!

Great first half tonight, capitalised on your hangover from the final, then relaxed a bit second half, almost.

Chelsea home on Sunday, should be a good game, they will be right up for it, wouldn't surprise me if we dropped points. Fingers crossed for a performance like we put in at Stamford Bridge.

Top Bottom