• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (3) v Östersunds FK (0) | February 22, 2018 20:05 GMT | BT Sport

How many goals will we win by?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giroud12

No way were winning this. Unlike last year there are some very decent teams this year, the el are no longer a nothing cup. Horrifying that laca is out for several weeks. I guess we just go with Özil as a false 9 next round? Can miki do a job up top?

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
We got through playing a second-string side, this really wasn't as bad as some of you are making it out to be.

That's true, but the game still highlighted the overall tactical problems this team has. It's just more evident with worse players.
Allthewhile Ostersunds did highlight what you can do with a set of underwhelming players if you put them in a proper system.

Too often it's the individual quality and connections between the good players that get Arsenal over the line.
And over the last decade this individual quality at Arsenal has diminished, while analytical and systemic apporaches have evolved, and it's gotten to a point where the convergence of these two variables make it impossible to base your tactics only on individual quality and instinct. It's a problem with the first XI, and it's catastrophy for the second XI.

Last edited:

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
Main thoughts - I won't be overly worried or negative because it's our 2nd team, but that team won't go any further in the EL. Nor should the majority of those guys have any serious future at the club.

We all agree at this stage that Welbeck has to go. Elnenny can follow him.

As far as prospects go; I'll try to be sympathetic with our defenders, they play in a chaotic system, I don't think that it's the right environment to integrate young prospects. But I've been a harsh critic of Holding and for good reason. He's been making errors for fun this season and he has no redeeming qualities. Not particularly strong or fast, very rash in the tackle and unconvincing with the ball at his feet. At best he has looked solid, I don't see much potential here. I'm more favourable towards Chambers because I initially saw good potential, but I don't think he's up to it either. He's physically strong and dominant, but a bit slow and sold too easily for a dummy, turns like a bus.

AMN looks a jack of all trades right now. Again I've been a bit skeptical of him previously. He definitely has talent, but as a central midfielder I'm not sure. So far I've seen he has good pace and dribbling, but that's not going to make him into a central midfielder. His calmness becomes a complete lack of intensity on the ball at times, while his passing range is a bit limited right now. I won't write him off but I'm not sure how or where on the pitch he will end up.

Iwobi for me shouldn't be any more than a fringe player. He's shockingly unproductive, and his 'qualities' are definitely overstated. His dribbling ability starts and ends at ball retention, i.e. he never actually beats his man (he actually did occasionally tonight because the game was so fractured). His passing isn't particularly consistent or creative. So we've got a guy who can keep hold of the ball and play simple passes, but that's generally it. He's a powerful young man that seemingly doesn't know how to use it. He needs a lot of work.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
No way were winning this. Unlike last year there are some very decent teams this year, the el are no longer a nothing cup. Horrifying that laca is out for several weeks. I guess we just go with Özil as a false 9 next round? Can miki do a job up top?

We'll smash all those teams. Atletico with the godly Costa worries me as the onl one.

I feel like playing a big name will get this team to focus instead of approaching the game with the same attitude they did today

I would work like on cocaine if I only had 4k per week. Maybe because 3k would go into actual cocaine.

For 50-100k per week you would expect they had personal face slapper to motivate them for the lesser games.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The QF ties are on March 8 and March 15, with Watford at home in between

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom