• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League R32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (3) v Östersunds FK (0) | February 22, 2018 20:05 GMT | BT Sport

How many goals will we win by?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

wigner

Yes, I got really excited by this. Kept pinching myself to check it was real, that our second team with just nine full internationals in the starting line-up, could (almost) hold their own at home against a team that saw off Hertha Berlin and Galatassary.

Only 2 players from Arsenal were regular internationals from World Cup participating sides, and one of them was a goalkeeper and the other was someone who joined less than a month ago. Iwobi is not yet a regular and Egypt is Egypt.

A disjointed performance was to be expected: although not that bad. Yet, they did show up eventually. I think these things actually happen to all teams who set up to defend a sizable first leg lead.

I mean last year PSG let in 6 goals! in the second leg after destroying Barcelona in the first leg.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There was point at 2-0 down against Ostersunds, where for a moment it looked there might be a rout. The level of frenzied posting reached a crescendo. :lol:

You could feel the excitement that a shock result might finish Wenger off and those that can't control themselves like @rich 1990 start mentioning squad cost and Trax has gone missing. :lol:

Hilarious. Imagine being in a fox hole under fire with these people. The smell of sh*t would be everywhere.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You could feel the excitement that a shock result might finish Wenger off...
Honestly, what ever it takes! It is just absolute dross what Wenger is serving up now. I am trying to be positive but we are just all over the place right now. I see absolutely no plan with the squad or how we are playing right now.

IslingtonBornandbred

You have to question if someone actually supports Arsenal or is an Arsenal fan if they seem to revel in the fact that when the team is losing or doing badly they enjoy observing Arsenal fans getting annoyed, angry or upset and on top of that they spend their time the next morning laughing, mocking and trying to wind up these fans like it's not a very natural emotion of any football fan to be frustrated when their team is losing 2-0 at home to a team of a much lower level.

@Makingtrax

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Honestly, what ever it takes! It is just absolute dross what Wenger is serving up now. I am trying to be positive but we are just all over the place right now. I see absolutely no plan with the squad or how we are playing right now.
The plan was we have a big game on Sunday, so we had to give our youngsters and squad players a go. And if they'd had any balls they'd have stepped up to the plate and shown what they're made of.

That's how youngsters and squad players show the manager they're capable of breaking into the first team . . . when they're given their opportunity.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You have to question if someone actually supports Arsenal or is an Arsenal fan if they seem to revel in the fact that when the team is losing or doing badly they enjoy observing Arsenal fans getting annoyed, angry or upset and on top of that they spend their time the next morning laughing, mocking and trying to wind up these fans like it's not a very natural emotion of any football fan to be frustrated when their team is losing 2-0 at home to a team of a much lower level.

@Makingtrax
Wenger boy doesn't feel our pain is getting old hat on here bro.

If you want a forum with no characters, no difference of opinion, where everybody just says Wenger is **** in a million different ways, carry on trying to misrepresent what I'm saying.

We won that tie 4-2 with a weak team of youngsters and squad players. Welbeck is struggling to find form again after injuries. Mikhitaryan is struggling to find form after being dumped by United. AMN has had very few opportunities to play in his favoured position and is learning the game. Laca is injured. Kola is struggling for matches because of Monreal's good form.

But over two games the lads came through. Being a supporter isn't about shouting your mouth off that the players and manager are sh*t at every opportunity and rounding on other supporters when they're waiting to see how the match turns out in the end.

IslingtonBornandbred

Wenger boy doesn't feel our pain is getting old hat on here bro.

If you want a forum with no characters, no difference of opinion, where everybody just says Wenger is **** in a million different ways, carry on trying to misrepresent what I'm saying.

We won that tie 4-2 with a weak team of youngsters and squad players. Welbeck is struggling to find form again after injuries. Mikhitaryan is struggling to find form after being dumped by United. AMN has had very few opportunities to play in his favoured position and is learning the game. Laca is injured. Kola is struggling for matches because of Monreal's good form.

But over two games the lads came through. Being a supporter isn't about shouting your mouth off that the players and manager are sh*t at every opportunity and rounding on other supporters when they're waiting to see how the match turns out in the end.

Nobody is trying to misrepresent what you are saying. You behaviour is virtually identical to that of a forum troll or a shill. You throw squad cost into debates completely randomly. Then Pochettino is doing a good job because Kane and Alli are strokes of luck. Now you are dropping the injuries card as well in the Welbeck thread like no manager has had injuries. You change your arguments and your points to suit which way the wind is blowing, and in doing so you actually discredit Wenger's previous success i.e like Wenger, who stumbled on Henry, Poch has stumbled on Kane. Most Wenger "haters" list what Wenger did with Henry as a great achievement however because you want to discredit Poch and Kane and call it lucky, you have to discredit what Wenger did with Vieria, Henry and Cesc as luck. That sums you up to be honest. No idea about football.

Your post above was just trying to wind others up for your own sexual pleasure. You think this forum or social media is some sort of false representation of the feeling around this club and team at the moment? Try being at the ground when a result like that is happening. Not so much last night because the fans are completely apathetic but there have been plenty of occasions where the atmosphere is absolutely poisonous to the point fans are coming to blows when they are sharing the same opinions.

Nobody was even going too hard on Wenger. They were commenting on the sh*t performance and the level of energy, commitment and motivation the players had. But you come on here and laugh at other forum posters who were frustrated.

Go and sit in the ground when we are losing 3-1 at home to Monaco or allowed Anderlecht to come back into the tie and draw 3-3 after being 3-0 up. Laugh then. You probably wouldn't get out alive, but it's easy to do on a forum.

I've put you on the ignore list from now because you offer nothing to this forum.

Last edited:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
There was point at 2-0 down against Ostersunds, where for a moment it looked there might be a rout. The level of frenzied posting reached a crescendo. :lol:

You could feel the excitement that a shock result might finish Wenger off and those that can't control themselves like @rich 1990 start mentioning squad cost and Trax has gone missing. :lol:

Hilarious. Imagine being in a fox hole under fire with these people. The smell of sh*t would be everywhere.
I didn't bring up squad cost. Granted, I usually do but last night was somebody else.

The problem wasn't going 1-0 down. Even going 2 down wasn't the biggest problem. My big two issues is how easy it was to see coming and the game management. After 30 seconds, I posted a post that read "**** me", because we were all over the place at back on the left side.

Then you go 1-0 down, fine but don't concede a minute later. The game should have been controlled from minute 1 but at no point was it under control.

If you can't see what was wrong with that first half performance, in particular, then clearly you are totally blinkered and beyond all help. Like some of the players that played last night.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If you can't see what was wrong with that first half performance, in particular, then clearly you are totally blinkered and beyond all help
Haven't mentioned the first half performance lad. :rolleyes:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Seriously, ignorant fans/wenger apologists who come on here trying to perpetuate the opinion that Perez, Campbell & someone like Gnabry are just 'average' footballers with no business playing for us are a disgrace. If those 3 are 'average' what would that make welbeck (or theo while he was still here)??!!

Fact: all 3 of the players I mentioned are ALL better on the ball than welbeck, Ramsey & xhaka, plus they can all play on the wings where we sadly lack ability. But no, for whatever reason they didn't please the dinosaur.

Perez and Campbell :lol:

Where they are playing right now is their level.

It's a shame we couldn't keep Gnabry, I rated him highly when he was here, got unlucky with injuries just as he was about to break through..

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Some thoughts:

- Holdini really, really needs a loan. Chambers is better on the ball but still not assertive enough.
- Kolasinac is better at attacking than defending.
- AMN isn't ready to play in a 2 man midfield, still looks lightweight.
- We're in trouble with Welbeck as our central striker.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Only 2 players from Arsenal were regular internationals from World Cup participating sides, and one of them was a goalkeeper and the other was someone who joined less than a month ago. Iwobi is not yet a regular and Egypt is Egypt.

A disjointed performance was to be expected: although not that bad. Yet, they did show up eventually. I think these things actually happen to all teams who set up to defend a sizable first leg lead.

I mean last year PSG let in 6 goals! in the second leg after destroying Barcelona in the first leg.
I'm sorry but sometimes when we're crap we have to accept we were crap. Wilsher has 34 England caps and Welbeck 36, this means they have regularly played for England. We had on the pitch nine players who have been thought good enough at some point to play a full international for their countries and only one of these (Armenia) is a minnow. And we valued that player from a minnow country at £35 millions. So what's the argument? That our sides were actually evenly-matched on paper?

A disjointed performance might have been expected but not one which came close to one of the most pathetic upsets in history. I dread to think what might have happened if that Swedish guy hadn't air-kicked for our goal.

And we had another three full internationals on the bench by the way. From Germany, Spain and Switzerland.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom