• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nabil Fekir

Giroud12

Haha no literally other side of the world in Australia.
I think just because of how often we are getting bullied I am over emphasising getting muscle into the team. I get though that it’s a simplistic view to have, we need the technical quality as well. Didn’t know that Sørloth had done that badly, nor do I ever seen him as starter but I felt he could have been an good squad option and offer something different now Giroud is gone.

Will be interesting to see how he does at palace

Would like him as a back up over Welbeck (obviously) but I dont think Arsenal would spend 20 million on a player that would be way down the pecking order. Also dont see him coming to a club with two 50 million strikers ahead of him - two of the most lethal strikers in the world for the last few seasons as well.

Think Palace is a good move for him, especially as he should be getting plenty of game time with only Benteke as his main competitor for the nr 9 position.

At Gronigen he scored 5 goals in 38 apps whichs is quite poor in such a mediocre league. Had 10 in 19 in Denmark, so I do think 20 mill is way to much for him. At the same time, the English clubs have that kind of money now. I think the Norwegian we should go for is Sander Berge. Also Samuel Agdenbenro at Rosenborg looks like quite the talent, although not Norwegian.

Stannis

Would like him as a back up over Welbeck (obviously) but I dont think Arsenal would spend 20 million on a player that would be way down the pecking order. Also dont see him coming to a club with two 50 million strikers ahead of him - two of the most lethal strikers in the world for the last few seasons as well.

Think Palace is a good move for him, especially as he should be getting plenty of game time with only Benteke as his main competitor for the nr 9 position.

At Gronigen he scored 5 goals in 38 apps whichs is quite poor in such a mediocre league. Had 10 in 19 in Denmark, so I do think 20 mill is way to much for him. At the same time, the English clubs have that kind of money now. I think the Norwegian we should go for is Sander Berge. Also Samuel Agdenbenro at Rosenborg looks like quite the talent, although not Norwegian.

Totally agree with you on Sander Berge, he has techinal quality to go with his physical attributes, needs to improve on things like not holding onto the ball for so long, but he has a lot going for him.
Sadly there is a lot of talk that he has an agreement in place to join Seville for 13 million.

Arsenal should ideally pursue him though

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
....I dont think Arsenal would spend 20 million on a player that would be way down the pecking order...

200px-Calum_Chambers_cropped.jpg

images

Giroud12

Hehe I see your point... difference between them though, I'd say chambers was a bigger talent than sørloth, and Perez was for one a very decent player, and secondly came at at time with much less competition for his place. Based on what he showed for us he could arguably been our starting forward. Entirely different situation with Auba and laca as our striking options

Zaza

The more pertinent question is probably why would we sell him. but we never know though, it seems that Arséne was never fully convinced about him and only moved last season after missing out on primary targets.

Considering that, and seeing as Atletico were chasing him last summer until they ran into some issues, it might be a good opportunity for all parties to move him on without too much of a loss (5-10m hit would be absorbable, especially if it paves the way for Oblak).

it's just that Auba is a faster, more clinical and more confident version of Laca at the moment, and we're crying out for a target man as we've seen with repeated appeals to Giroud's appearance.
Don't think Auba is more clinical. Auba is only faster. Laca is a better finisher and technically superior

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
I was also of the same opinion, but I've been disappointed in him, he's not only missing sporadically, I've wouldn't worry about isolated incidents, but he just can't seem to put chances away, in that regard he's not that much better than a giroud for example. Maybe he's short of confidence

benjamin86

Established Member
Don't think Auba is more clinical. Auba is only faster. Laca is a better finisher and technically superior
Auba, Laca, target man and nket (he's very highly regarded, i'm not sure if he'll be anything more than akpom/afobe) seems like a good line up to me.
(shame we had to sell Giroud to get Auba, would have loved to sell Welbeck instead)

Aevi

Hale End FC
Several links in succession... they aren't great on their own but it's strange to see them all come out at once like this. Probably caused by the agent's recent quotes.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Several links in succession... they aren't great on their own but it's strange to see them all come out at once like this. Probably caused by the agent's recent quotes.

Amazing how this plug guy found out about the Fekir rumors just after every newspaper reports it. Who could be his source?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom