• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Henrikh Mkhitaryan: Taking The Mkhi

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
He's a trier, I'll give him that, but his head dropped very easily. Looks like the kinda player that needs pepping up every so often. Doesn't bode well. He had some moments of quality but none of them significant tonight.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
He does seem to be player that needs a certain environment, comfort or trust around him to make things click and raise the confidence he needs for his game. I have no doubt he's class, but it seems like that class only shines through under a certain premise.

When he ccame to Dortmund as Goetze replacement, after his first season with 46 played 13 goals 10 assists, he was deemed alright for it was his first season in the league. But it already looked like he didn't fit in with Klopp. Next season he seriously underperformed and had a tally of 42p 5g 7a and was labeled a massive flop. Against all odds he suddenly came good under Tuchel and had that massive season with 23 goals and 32 assists.

It seems he thrives on a certain playing style, which is neither Klopp's bonkers press and attack, nor Mourinho's bus parking, but something more controlled in between - and he seems to thrive on a good relationship with his managers and teammates.

I think Wenger might be able to comfort him enough to get his confidence back up, and Aubameyang could play a role, too.

Overall, besides the Everton game, the team has somewhat performed scrappy at best, and it's a difficult situation to join. I expect him to come good.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Hello Gooners

I've just signed up as a guest as I thought up a song for Mkhitarian that you guys could sing.

To the tune of 'Englishman in New York'

'Oh oh Mkhitarian, Henrikh Mkhitarian
He's an Armenian in London/at Arsenal

Not a long song but thought it goes with the tune well.

Da Fuq???
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

How did I miss this golden post?

scytheavatar

Established Member
I don't think anyone actually expects Mkhi to be anything like an Alexis replacement. We were backed into a corner and tried to make the best of a bad situation. It's not like we purposely went out and planned to replace Alexis with Mkhi.

Best out of a bad situation should be to take the money from Utd and use it to buy Malcom..... we should be investing in youth and life after Wenger right now. Malcom will be going to Madrid or Barca for > 100 million pounds in a few years time and we will regret not buying him when we can. When will we ever be able to sell a player for greater than 100 million pounds?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Best out of a bad situation should be to take the money from Utd and use it to buy Malcom..... we should be investing in youth and life after Wenger right now. Malcom will be going to Madrid or Barca for > 100 million pounds in a few years time and we will regret not buying him when we can. When will we ever be able to sell a player for greater than 100 million pounds?

I get that argument but what's done is done. Anyway, no reason why we can't go back for Malcom in the summer if we want to. Even if we had taken money for Alexis we wouldn't have been able to bring Malcom in in January.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Nickname ideas from r/soccer:
  • Henrikh “fits our system” Mkhitaryan
  • Henrikh "Wenger will give him confidence" Mkhitaryan
  • Henrikh "offensive football" Mkhitaryan
  • Henrikh 'it was a fair deal' Mkhitaryan
  • Henrikh "better than Alexis 'toxic' Sanchez" Mkhitaryan
Pick your favorite, or add your own!

Reactions: A_G

Hope

Less
He is the only player who tried to make something happen yesterday. Our best player yesterday. Effort was not lacking but he received minimal support.

Shameless people here slating him. Wonder how many here are actual watching the game. Pathetic

Ashybashy86

Current Wenger and Arsenal aren't going to get the best from him. Same can said for Laca, Auba and Özil. Ox is showing that with the right manager, setup, confidence and trust, he's a good player. Think Mkhi performs better with offensive football with a purpose (direct) and a confidence-boosting manager.

emilursin

worried about his defensive workrate, i mean we cannot afford to have yet another midfielder who doesnt track back, not with the current state of our defense

People need to get a grip it’s been a month. his confidence was shot before he came and with the pressure on him essentially replacing Sanchez mixed with PEA. And coming to us in a major downturn. I’m sure with a decent summer some good reinforcements defensively and I dare say a new manager maybe tuchel. We could see him in that last season at Dortmund. Ironically under tuchel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom