• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Final | Arsenal v Manchester City | February 25, 2018 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will win the Carabao Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksarp

B
Agree with this. The players have been mollycoddled too long. They need their arses kicked and fear struck into them.
body language says a lot..Even look at the youngins..Maitland-Niles acting like he has arrived, TBH, it is the system, it regresses players and those who resist are moved..like Joel

fc honka

Wilshere & Özil are our most technical players, wtf. What kind of games do they need, Ludogorets at home?

They would need other players searching for empty space when they have the ball. Our off-the-ball movement was nonexistent today. You could see it already when Ospina had the ball, everybody was just waiting him to smash the ball directly to City defenders.
We can all look at the players and say yes they were **** but the problems are not going anywhere as long we have the senile on the bench.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member
I really don't envy whomever takes over after him. He'll have his work cut out fixing this mess.

Stop... :lol:

Whoever comes after Wenger has a great setup to work with given we have realistic expectations. We have a good squad to work with and some good youth prospects to work with. We have an amazing culture within the club as well.

The only thing anyone has to deal with is our financial habits. That's it.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Mustafi being slaughtered. Should have sprinted back and having just got back,stand behind Aguero. Mustafi at the WC was behind Hummers, Boateng and Per in the CB role. All the talk of being a WC winner,is misleading. He's a fraud.

It's baffling how Aguero was behind him on a goal kick, how are you not on the right side of Aguero in a situation like that.

blaze_of_glory

Whoever comes after Wenger has a great setup to work with given we have realistic expectations. We have a good squad to work with and some good youth prospects to work with. We have an amazing culture within the club as well.

No, no don't you see, Wenger simultaneously should be doing much better with the team he has and also has put together a disaster of a team.

Gooner_girl14

[
Mustafi being slaughtered. Should have sprinted back and having just got back,stand behind Aguero. Mustafi at the WC was behind Hummers, Boateng and Per in the CB role. All the talk of being a WC winner,is misleading. He's a fraud.
A bit harsh, he is only 25 so in last WC he was only 21. But he was woeful today and i wouldn't mind seeing the back of him, but our defensive problems are bigger than just one or two players, it's the whole team, the set up and mentality. Mustafi fell asleep for their first goal but so did Ospina, getting caught in no man's land. Lapses and schoolboy errors are all too common with us these days.

ClubLevel

I completely give up with this team. I reckon by the end of the season I won't even watch us again. It's not even the losing, its the poor management, lack of effort and same mistakes. There is no enjoyment or excitement in watching us play anymore.

At least in years gone by we would be fun to watch, now its tedious painful football.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
They would need other players searching for empty space when they have the ball. Our off-the-ball movement was nonexistent today. You could see it already when Ospina had the ball, everybody was just waiting him to smash the ball directly to City defenders.
We can all look at the players and say yes they were **** but the problems are not going anywhere as long we have the senile on the bench.
Has been this way for a while. Not just today.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Need a complete defensive overhaul in the summer. We were letting Mustafi leave for inter, if Wenger recognized that he was poor why did he change his mind. Why couldn't we have spent 50m on a defender.
I honestly dont think we need an overhaul. I think our defender are good but they just aren't being coached properly. Its always the same kind of mistakes that can be sorted out in training .

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

We have a squad that needs culling. We need at least 3 defensive players, one of whom a CDM.We need a winger. We need a goalkeeper. We need a new goal keeping coach and a new defensive coach (those should come with the new manager,tho). And we need to retrain the players we have from this squad both mentally and tactically.

The new manager will also have to step into a system created and designed by Wenger to suit Wenger. He'll have to work within it until he can change it. Not an easy job at all.

arsmile

Established Member
the only positive...

is in the first half we defended ...quite well ...ish

we had nothing on the ball all game- our technique in the passing...our mental sharpness in possession- was absent entirely as it has been for months...

it was the one individual, unforgiveable individual error that meant we went in down- the tactics were working.

the second half though- and it's not the first time we've done this in the second half- was abhorrent.

Obviously we mentally bottled it- mentally weak is a cliché- barely worth mentioning. But true- and there's no excuse- our team is experienced- if not old...if you cant have a bit of mentality about you when you've been at a club for a decade or won a world cup or whatever....then it's not the makeup of the team that's a problem...we don't have a culture where players act like they should...i'm not sure who in the world we could bring in who'd somehow miraculously act like a leader...

but also we- technical wise- looked appalling...we couldn't do anything...had no composure on the ball to play it short- we had no movements to go long- it was just triangles between the CBs and the GK. The out ball was just xhaka or mustafi lumping it long

Even more so- we just didn't look fit either- i think Ramsey and wilshere are both not fit- so they weren't running...xhaka is slow so it's hard to tell when he is running...Özil stopped moving entirely after the second goal- our entirely front 5 just looked like they were fatigued after like an hour

this season is just the Europa league now...when we get knocked out of the next round of that....it'll go down as the worst under Arsène by miles- much worse than the previous one- in which consensus is he should have gone anyway...

samshere

Why so serieuse?
I honestly dont think we need an overhaul. I think our defender are good but they just aren't being coached properly. Its always the same kind of mistakes that can be sorted out in training .
But it's always Mustafi making the error not Koscielny. That to me is a personnel issue.

OSBK

Established Member
Everyone going mental about our defence like they were expecting a defence masterclass. Never in a million years were we going to contain city, but wenger again messed up tactics. After watching liverpool tear city up he shouldve adopted the same tactics, the only way we beat city is to out score them.

Anyway we were crap, so BAU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom