• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Carabao Cup Final | Arsenal v Manchester City | February 25, 2018 16:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Who will win the Carabao Cup?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
It was undoubtedly one of the most dismal performances of Wengers entire reign at Arsenal. Did we even have a single shot at goal?

Why the topic of conversation is squad cost and refereeing descisions is beyond me.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Sigh, there looks to be a direct line between Ospina, Sane and the ball at Gundogan's feet in that photo. When the shot comes in. He obviously sees the ball at some point and dives to his right.
:lol: ffs. He's standing in direct line of sight. Now, he may be able to see some of the ball for all we know, but that's not for us to say. Anyone making a judgement as to whether he can see the ball, from that still, has to deem that he can't,. There are no two ways about it. You must be joking.
He saw the ball when it went in to Kompany, that's the only thing that matters. The same exact goal would have been scored even if Sane wasn't stood there.

I only pointed it out due to your reason given for joining:

"I have plenty of friends that are Blues, I don't need to join a forum where the stuff discussed, is something I hear on a regular basis with friends"

Presumably you give your opinions on everything related to City when you are with "friends" and can do the same on any Man City forum, I don't understand the need to come on here and repeat them to people that don't care.

You don't particularly annoy me tbh, I was just saying to @Mo Britain I don't really get why anyone (not just you) would join a supporters forum of a club they had no particular feelings towards (apart from maybe seeking info about a player/fixture involving their own club).
As I said Kobi, I think it does people good to read other fan's points of view, rather than just staying within a 'safe zone' where everybody pats each other on the back, endlessly.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
He saw the ball when it went in to Kompany, that's the only thing that matters. The same exact goal would have been scored even if Sane wasn't stood there.
If that goal is allowed to stand then it makes a farce of the off side rule.

When the 'interfering with play' rule came in it was all about strikers out of the keepers vision that were offside but not affecting play. That makes sense. There were often instances where good attacking play was blown offside for some winger in an offside position, wide of the goal.

But now apparently you can stand directly in front of the keeper. The ball can pinball around the box, he can't see what's going on, he'll see any shot or deflection late, and providing the offending player doesn't touch the ball, everything seems to be fine. It's a nonsense.

The offside rule is broken. Ok? The amount they call it wrongly offside or how often incident is debated is very telling. It needs to be changed.

Football is **** sport. Very unbalanced.

Preacher

Always Crying
Gundogan shoot:
i70_Capture9.PNG

Kompany shoot:
i70_Capture10.PNG

Not offside for me according to the rules. Ospina even starts to move/dive to his right before Kompany makes his shoot. He can see the ball on both counts.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Here's one point I'll definitely concede about Wenger. Watching that match and countless others our team seems naive.

Other teams are manipulating the rules like tax avoidance. The likes of Sterling and Alli are masters at diving, our attempts look pathetic and they don't do it very often.

The offside rule is clearly easy to manipulate. The manager needs to make sure that during any attack phase, not just corners, a wide player runs into an offside position to block the keepers view, unsighting him for any shot from the edge of the box and if there's a deflection or a toe poke like Kompany's, the goal will definitely stand. As long as he doesn't touch the ball anything goes. Pep's got the hang of this.

And here's a good one, when the ball is hoofed in the air from a goal kick. The striker sprints round the defender and runs behind him. As the ball comes down the attacker stops dead and shoulders the defender in his back. The ball goes over their heads and the attacker is one on one with the keeper. Apparently it's not obstruction even though he's deliberately blocked a player's path without being in control of the ball.

Naive stuff from Arsenal.

Here's one point I'll definitely concede about Wenger. Watching that match and countless others our team seems naive.

Other teams are manipulating the rules like tax avoidance. The likes of Sterling and Alli are masters at diving, our attempts look pathetic and they don't do it very often.

The offside rule is clearly easy to manipulate. The manager needs to make sure that during any attack phase, not just corners, a wide player runs into an offside position to block the keepers view, unsighting him for any shot from the edge of the box and if there's a deflection or a toe poke like Kompany's, the goal will definitely stand. As long as he doesn't touch the ball anything goes. Pep's got the hang of this.

And here's a good one, when the ball is hoofed in the air from a goal kick. The striker sprints round the defender and runs behind him. As the ball comes down the attacker stops dead and shoulders the defender in his back. The ball goes over their heads and the attacker is one on one with the keeper. Apparently it's not obstruction even though he's deliberately blocked a player's path without being in control of the ball.

You truly are an absolutely deluded excuse making little idiot.

WhatAFC

If mustafi had not backed into aguero then he would have just controlled the ball and turned. Aguero was in position to receive the ball with or without mustafi being there.

Mustafi looked at aguero before the ball was kicked, chose not to get back into position, then, knowing he was caught out he backed in and played for a foul. Lazy defending is what caused that whole scenario to play out like it did.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Mustafi being slaughtered. Should have sprinted back and having just got back,stand behind Aguero. Mustafi at the WC was behind Hummers, Boateng and Per in the CB role. All the talk of being a WC winner,is misleading. He's a fraud.
That's what we do though isn't it. There's usually question marks.

Mustafi seemed decently rated but we never seem to sign the plan A if you get what I mean. He wasn't starting for Germany and at Valencia it was Otamendi who received more of the plaudits. When we signed Gabriel he wasn't even the best CB at Villarreal, was Elneny even a key player for Basel?:lol:

Preacher

Always Crying
That's what we do though isn't it. There's usually question marks.

Mustafi seemed decently rated but we never seem to sign the plan A if you get what I mean. He wasn't starting for Germany and at Valencia it was Otamendi who received more of the plaudits. When we signed Gabriel he wasn't even the best CB at Villarreal, was Elneny even a key player for Basel?:lol:
That's what low-balling all summer and then panic buys can do to you. We had far too many big money shocking transfers in last few years.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

If mustafi had not backed into aguero then he would have just controlled the ball and turned. Aguero was in position to receive the ball with or without mustafi being there.

Mustafi looked at aguero before the ball was kicked, chose not to get back into position, then, knowing he was caught out he backed in and played for a foul. Lazy defending is what caused that whole scenario to play out like it did.
I'm critising the team and manager here bro . . go with me. Unless . . no . . . you've turned into a Wenger apologist.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Can we stop calling Sterling a diver please, thanks.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

The offside rule is broken. Ok? The amount they call it wrongly offside or how often incident is debated is very telling. It needs to be changed.

Football is **** sport. Very unbalanced.
Hope you're having a good day bro. Just watched Viking season 5 and they're colonising Iceland. Lovely stuff.

Hope you're having a good day bro. Just watched Viking season 5 and they're colonising Iceland. Lovely stuff.

I liked the first season. Maybe second too! Havent watched it since...

Imagine colonising Iceland. Bastards. Mad men.

The story says we took all the beautiful girls from Ireland and England on our way. It explains the good genes. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom