• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alban Lafont

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I'm all aboard the Lafont train. Oblak just signed a new deal, Liverpool look heavy favourites for Alisson, what's really the point in someone like Butland or Horn? Lafont will be an elite player and this is our window of opportunity for him, he can learn off Cech for a year before taking over.

Malky

Established Member
I'm all aboard the Lafont train. Oblak just signed a new deal, Liverpool look heavy favourites for Alisson, what's really the point in someone like Butland or Horn? Lafont will be an elite player and this is our window of opportunity for him, he can learn off Cech for a year before taking over.
I'd rather he didn't, thanks. :lol:

Joking aside, I think with Oblak out the picture, Lafont could be our best option right now, only issue is if he's ready to be first choice straight away as I seriously don't want Cech starting next season as first choice. As for the other options - Horn looks bang average, bargain bin, reserve keeper signing and Butland is never worth the big fee Stoke will ask for.
Bernd Leno, Mattia Perin and Andre Onana are three others we should seriously consider.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If anyone plays FM buy this guy or Donnarumma straight away. They're just ridiculous.

Speaking of, @yousif_arsenal as an Italian football expert, chances of getting Donnarumma?

Divided_Pie

If Oblak is no longer a possibility, would we rather have Allisson for ~£60M (what Liverpool was reportedly quoted by Roma before they pulled out of talks) or LaFont for ~£20M? I'd go Allisson and just be done with it... stats-wise he's ridiculous, and LaFont might not be ready. Rather not see Cech in goal for another season while Mesut gets a year older.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
If Oblak is no longer a possibility, would we rather have Allisson for ~£60M (what Liverpool was reportedly quoted by Roma before they pulled out of talks) or LaFont for ~£20M? I'd go Allisson and just be done with it... stats-wise he's ridiculous, and LaFont might not be ready. Rather not see Cech in goal for another season while Mesut gets a year older.

Alisson is very good:

I'm arguing for Lafont on the assumption that the club isn't prepared to spend 60m on Alisson. If they are then crack on and go for him, obviously.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Going to be critical here. I don’t see any thing linking us to him in the posted article. Lots of players like(liked?) Arsenal. Seems more of a wish list item. But maybe it’s just me.

Reactions: BBF

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Going to be critical here. I don’t see any thing linking us to him in the posted article. Lots of players like(liked?) Arsenal. Seems more of a wish list item. But maybe it’s just me.
We've been scouting him for a while too. I think he warrants his own thread to say the least. I'd post this in a 2018 summer transfer window thread but it keeps getting deleted.

Rouski

Toulouse are dangerously close to relegation in ligue 1, he'll definitely move if they drop down

blaise

If we are going for a bit of potential we should buy Kalinic from Belgian league, he can start day 1 and he ll be in PL soon enough.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If anyone plays FM buy this guy or Donnarumma straight away. They're just ridiculous.

Speaking of, @yousif_arsenal as an Italian football expert, chances of getting Donnarumma?
At the moment is almost impossible because he signed new contract. If we got a chance we have to pay over his value plus pay huge agent fee because his agent is fatty Raiola

Malky

Established Member
Alisson is very good:

I'm arguing for Lafont on the assumption that the club isn't prepared to spend 60m on Alisson. If they are then crack on and go for him, obviously.
Can't see this club spending that on a keeper, can't even see us spending it on a defender, unfortunately.

Alisson is excellent tho, fantastic reflexes, superb distribution and he reads the game brilliantly. I'll be very envious of Liverpool if they sign him, especially after all the years of being laughed at for Mignolet.
In hindsight we should of sent Szczesny on loan for another season, Wenger leaves/sacked this summer and then bring Szcz back and have a top quality keeper at the perfect age and that's ready to take over from Cech straight away. :(

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Can't see this club spending that on a keeper, can't even see us spending it on a defender, unfortunately.

Alisson is excellent tho, fantastic reflexes, superb distribution and he reads the game brilliantly. I'll be very envious of Liverpool if they sign him, especially after all the years of being laughed at for Mignolet.
In hindsight we should of sent Szczesny on loan for another season, Wenger leaves/sacked this summer and then bring Szcz back and have a top quality keeper at the perfect age and that's ready to take over from Cech straight away. :(

In hindsight we should have brought Szczesny back and made him our first choice goalie, he was more than ready. Instead we sold him for pennies and now we're gonna have to spend a fortune chasing someone of a similar quality.

Top Bottom