• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Players On Loan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

picsou

Watching Akpom against belgian champions Anderlecht. Scored a nice goal with a very good shot, he also missed a penalty though

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ore-arsenal-loan-exit-to-angers-a3755846.html

“He asked me to work hard in Angers, listen well and come back stronger and more mature,” Reine-Adelaide said.

“I know that many people think that I should not have gone to Arsenal so early, but I have no regrets.

“Arsène Wenger gave me opportunities with the first team, then I had physical problems. He then helped me a lot to come back, and I want to say thank you.”

“I need to improve my statistics,” he added. “It's important to be decisive.

“I also have to progress tactically, which is why Angers is a good club. There is a different style than that of Arsenal, which will allow me to develop.”

Really hope this loan will turn out to be a success, seems like a mature guy and still only 20. His future looks like it should be in midfield, lots to like about his game so I'm still hopeful about him.

Stannis

Martinez has only played 3 games for Getafe.

He is 25 now as well.

Personally think its time to move him on

Matt Macey also renewed his contract recently, so I don't think he is going anywhere

HBL

Established Member
Looks like good performances from both, hopefully they’ll start some games soon. Jeff just looks so much better than Iwobi and the composure sheaf has on the ball is ridiculous, do wish he went to a championship/league 1 club though.

nick gould

Ben is 20 years old and doesn’t have any first team experience of note. Is it because Wenger does not rate him? Not played for England at under 20 either.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Ben is 20 years old and doesn’t have any first team experience of note. Is it because Wenger does not rate him? Not played for England at under 20 either.
They've been slow to loan him out, plus he used to be a midfielder (he in fact played there for Stevenage in that very match) which is a very crowded position. Even AMN looks to struggle to get serious and genuine time there. Joe Willock seems to have emerged as the midfield heir apparent ahead of all the other potential hopefuls.

Sheaf is, honestly, criminally underrated by many as an overall talent. He is originally from West Ham's academy and joined just before he was 16. There are other more heralded talents but he could easily have a future in the game because of how solid he is as a technician and an athlete.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Martinez has only played 3 games for Getafe.

He is 25 now as well.

Personally think its time to move him on

Matt Macey also renewed his contract recently, so I don't think he is going anywhere
Starting for them tonight. Not sure if their nr 1 is inured or dropped. Shame he hasn't gotten more games. Always liked Martinez, and 25 is not a lot for a GK.

Stannis

Starting for them tonight. Not sure if their nr 1 is inured or dropped. Shame he hasn't gotten more games. Always liked Martinez, and 25 is not a lot for a GK.

For a third choice keeper who has ambitions to be, he is getting on a bit though

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
For a third choice keeper who has ambitions to be, he is getting on a bit though
At 25 he should have played more games by now certainly. Think he only has around 25 senior games in total. Always liked him, good size, calm and ha an aura about him.

nick gould

They've been slow to loan him out, plus he used to be a midfielder (he in fact played there for Stevenage in that very match) which is a very crowded position. Even AMN looks to struggle to get serious and genuine time there. Joe Willock seems to have emerged as the midfield heir apparent ahead of all the other potential hopefuls.

Sheaf is, honestly, criminally underrated by many as an overall talent. He is originally from West Ham's academy and joined just before he was 16. There are other more heralded talents but he could easily have a future in the game because of how solid he is as a technician and an athlete.
They should try him in defensive mid then, we seem to be lacking in that position. One other thing, our academy does not seem to produce the tenacious players at all. That’s the reason why Le Coq was a breadth of fresh air. Anyone in that mold?

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
They should try him in defensive mid then, we seem to be lacking in that position. One other thing, our academy does not seem to produce the tenacious players at all. That’s the reason why Le Coq was a breadth of fresh air. Anyone in that mold?
He would probably be a better candidate for a DM role than most other midfielders in the U23s, including AMN. He is actually a competent defender and has played CB solidly for well over a season. Actually seems like he enjoys defending too :lol:. That he can pass the ball very well and is cool under pressure bodes well for him. I'm unsure about his future at the club but he has a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom