• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Aevi

Hale End FC
Lloris and Ederson aren't in the conversation for you? Ederson hasn't been here long enough to really say, but I'd say they're all much of a muchness. de Gea's reflexes and Ederson's passing stand out from the rest, but they're all quality.
Interestingly though, none of De Gea, Courtois, Ederson, Lloris, or Cech are from the Bundesliga.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Lloris and Ederson aren't in the conversation for you? Ederson hasn't been here long enough to really say, but I'd say they're all much of a muchness. de Gea's reflexes and Ederson's passing stand out from the rest, but they're all quality.

Yeah I guess it's more of a sample size thing with Ederson.

The other two have so many games where they save their team points with save after save.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Even if you consider the Coutinho money, they're spending loads at the moment. I wonder where these funds are coming from.

Yes, if you think abstractly the Van Dijk and Keita money more or less uses up the Coutinho money, although it doesn't work quite like that in reality. This summer they'll surely go big for a GK, maybe another CB, certainly I think they'll go big for a Coutinho replacement and maybe a DM too. I don't know, do they receive any loans from Fenway? I don't recall ever seeing a Liverpool fan on here we could ask.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
They're linked heavily with de Vrij actually who, although would command very high wages, is another good money-saving solution. He's for sure the only one in that pool of around 5 CBs who wouldn't require a 50m+ transfer fee. Maguire, Skriniar, Koulibaly and Alderweireld all very expensive in comparison.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Yes, if you think abstractly the Van Dijk and Keita money more or less uses up the Coutinho money, although it doesn't work quite like that in reality. This summer they'll surely go big for a GK, maybe another CB, certainly I think they'll go big for a Coutinho replacement and maybe a DM too. I don't know, do they receive any loans from Fenway? I don't recall ever seeing a Liverpool fan on here we could ask.
There was Van Dijk and Keita, but then there was also Salah and Chamberlain. And rumors of Alisson in the summer for another big fee with possible other signings. That's a lot of spending. More than us, Chelsea, and Tottenham despite having been worse the last couple years.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
There was Van Dijk and Keita, but then there was also Salah and Chamberlain. And rumors of Alisson in the summer for another big fee with possible other signings. That's a lot of spending. More than us, Chelsea, and Tottenham despite having been worse the last couple years.

All pretty good buys too, you've got to say. Ox fee a bit steep for someone who still might essentially develop into a useful and versatile squad player instead of a starter, but they more than make up for that with the incredible value of the Salah deal.

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes at Liverpool. They're certainly not richer than Arsenal, but they seem to be getting by on a mixture of clever investment in players and a general mood of optimism emanating from the manager.

Aevi

Hale End FC
All pretty good buys too, you've got to say. Ox fee a bit steep for someone who still might essentially develop into a useful and versatile squad player instead of a starter, but they more than make up for that with the incredible value of the Salah deal.

I don't know what's going on behind the scenes at Liverpool. They're certainly not richer than Arsenal, but they seem to be getting by on a mixture of clever investment in players and a general mood of optimism emanating from the manager.
Oh I definitely agree, Liverpool have made their investments count and the likes of Keita and Alisson are very likely to be the same. We on the other hand have made many signings in the past 3 seasons that most would be happy to get rid of. Hopefully Mislintat and Sanllehi will improve us on this front.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I'd look to go in big for Maguire at the beginning of the summer. Puel has been talking him up as a future captain but I think that's just a ploy to increase his value. I'd even look to add de Vrij too if possible with Mustafi going the other way to Lazio. But Maguire has immense potential and a lot of personality.

Someone like Pavlenka and a cheap right-back to push Bellerin would be smart moves. Then you'd just have to find the silver bullet to improve the midfield.

Our attack is basically top 4 while our defence is bottom 10. Fix the defence and we'll have a shot at competing again.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Some weak sauces linking us to Justin Kluivert. I see some sense in that, he's mainly a left winger while Nelson is mainly a right winger. Together they'd set us up well for the future with Özil and Mkhi at the other end of their careers. He wouldn't be as expensive as someone like Malcom or Bailey, which would mean funds could be concentrated on sorting out the defence and midfield.

We missed out on Jadon Sancho who I think would have been perfect to come in alongside Nelson as our future stars, but we could make up for it with Kluivert. He wants to go to Barca eventually but not any time soon, Utd also linked but he knows he won't get game time there. I'm sure we could attract him. His contract runs out in 2019, sign him up, renew Nelson's contract (!) and then blood them in next season.

Windowlicker

Horn 4m - no brainer, even if he doesnt turn world class we will need him as Ospina will leave and Cech has one more season in him
Bailey 40m - we just have to sign him, he has been Bayer main man this season. He is a magical player, destroying Bundesliga defenses at 20
Ndidi 35m - homegrown, PL proven, young and a force to cover the CBs
Koulibaly 40m - hardcore CB and some strength to the XI, really good with the ball too
Thats not a lot of money considering that with the likes of Nelson, Nketiah, Niles, Sheaf we would be pretty stacked with talent

HBL

Established Member
Going to assume we’ll have about £200m to spend, which is probably about £170m too much but oh well. I’m acting on about £100m from player sells and a £100m budget.

Bailey - £60m
Defensive core is important but a winger is just as necessary. We need a tricky winger capabale of beating a few players, just to create a bit of excitement in the stadium. Every other team has a player like that and they aren’t necessarily all world class players. City have Sané/Sterling, Chelsea have Hazard/Willian, United have Martial, Liverpool have Salah & Ox to an extent . Sp**s are slightly different but they have players like Alli & Dembele who do it differently. So, for me a player like Bailey or Mahrez is a must. With us being linked with Lemar last summer for a crazy fee, I think this is the one position we’ll be willing to spend big.

Lafont - £15m
Would love us to sign someone like this as our keeper. A young guy who will give everything for the club and has the potential to be here for 10+ years. Very experienced for someone of his age, think he’d do well here. With Oblak signing a new contract & Allisson looking Liverpool bound, that coupled with the fact I think we’d be reluctant to spend £50m+ on a keeper is why I think we’ll go for Horn or a younger keeper.

Koulibaly- £50m
Fits the mould perfectly in my opinion. Physical attributes in abundance and also good on the ball. Think we’ve seen with our current back 6 that not having players comfortable on the ball exposes us big time. Think he’d complement any cb well; I’d like us to keep Koscileny, think he’d play well with Koulibaly.

Pavard - £15m
Would like us to buy him, and he and koscielny would be the 2nd & 3rd cb’s.

Meyer- Free
Would improve the squad depth massively, someone with composure on the ball and the ability to find pockets of space on the pitch.

Ndidi/Doucoure/Zakaria-
I like big Doucoure and Ndidi but I think we run the risk of overpaying by a lot when buying from other premier league clubs. Zakaria looks like a very good player but it could be too much, too soon with him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Horn 4m - no brainer, even if he doesnt turn world class we will need him as Ospina will leave and Cech has one more season in him
Bailey 40m - we just have to sign him, he has been Bayer main man this season. He is a magical player, destroying Bundesliga defenses at 20
Koulibaly 40m - hardcore CB and some strength to the XI, really good with the ball too
Thats not a lot of money considering that with the likes of Nelson, Nketiah, Niles, Sheaf we would be pretty stacked with talent

Nice list but Bailey, Ndidi and Koulibaly won't be bought as cheaply as that unfortunately.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
I'm convinced that we wont attract the players that we need until we get a new manager. I appreciate everything that Wenger has done, but it's time for him to go and accept his statue outside of the Emirates.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Ndidi homegrown?

We need a complete CM more than anything. Ndidi doesn't really suit any of our CM's tbh.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I am wish listing a Europa League cup and then for a new board, new manager with new ideas and fresh tactics to start over after Arsène retires with us finishing 6th and winning the EL. It's the only way he can have a half decent finish to his Arsenal career.

sil007

We need to buy 1 or 2 good player with STRONG LEADERSHIP which we can APPOINT IMMEDIATELY as CLUB CAPTAIN.

Koscielny is the worst captain in my lifetime supporting Arsenal. So Silent , Regressing because of age and injury , no leadership.

Newchange

We all know we need leaders in our team but who and where are they?
Cb wise and DM is where we need the most. A mixture of quality and leadership has got to be what we bring in. its ironic that the leaders at our club STAN,Arsène,KOSC are all silent when we need them most

Latest posts+

Top Bottom