• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Should be getting phased out, maybe one more good season in him but only if we play him sparingly.

Thing is we'll keep him too long and his last season will undo a lot of goodwill towards him.

This post is nothing to do with his performance today though.

HBL

Established Member
Still think he has a part to play with us over the next 12-18 months, his pace still bails us out at least once a game.

Think it’s difficult to judge our cb’s without a proper midfield enforcer in front of them. Just the individual mistakes that he and Mustafi make on the ball that are killing us.

Kosc, Mustafi and 2 new cb’s in the summer would be perfect.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
We didn't have more underwhelming captain/vice-captains for quite a long time.
And it's funny because ever since JVP left, the captains were a joke as they mostly sat on bench/remained injured.

Vermaelen was left so out of the club, he even failed to make the bench at several games.
Arteta spent the majority of his captain period in treatment table.
Mertesacker is same as Vermaelen. Many times he doesn't even make the bench, whiel his deputy Koscielny is underwhelming.

For all his seniority with our club, Kos is nigh on invisible to organize and lead our team.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Pathetic revisionist history. He may be permanently injured and losing ability fast in the latter stages of his career but to act like he's always been bad is just disgusting.

Not saying he's always been bad just never been that good and is accident prone. You might not agree with the former (people been disagreeing with me for years) but the later is undeniable and he s prone to getting bullied too.

If Koscielny was a better CB and leader we would have some of the abysmal results we've had over the years.

And using disgusting in that context is hilarious.

Wilshere1010

Definitely need to take the pressure off him. I think our attack and CM are pretty much sorted if Jack and Ramsey sign on, 2 CBs, a DM and a GK should be priority in the summer.

Gamefaced

This guy needs replacing, but to be fair I have never rated him as highly as most my fellow Gooners. Not a real leader, can often be out muscled, lacks the defensive intelligence of a real world class defender. Positional sense not the best, hit and miss at sniffing out the danger and is prone to a brain fart moment. Always thought we could of gone a level above him as he has always been the best of a bad bunch, but we always opted for someone to play along side him. Not judging him based on the last game just in general.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Everyonevwants him replaced now? Cech too.

Just a year behind me, ladies. Kos has been trash for a while.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Laurent was a decent CB in his prime but age is finally catching up with him now. Losing in the air against Kane and getting outpaced by Aguero today. He can no longer put decent performances against top quality CFs.

I respect him for his contributions to the club but he needs replacing this summer. And I agree many Arsenal fans overrated him even during his prime.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Feel sorry for him having played next to and in front of some absolute jokers over the years. Should have had at least 2 PL titles to his name in 13/14 and 15/16.

blaze_of_glory

Yeah only partner he's ever had here that actually complimented and supported him was Mertesacker. Some brief, beautiful years where those two allowed us to have a solid defensive record. Probably the only time since we moved to the Emirates that's been the case.

say yes

forum master baiter
This guy gets cut a ridiculous amount of slack tbh.

‘Needs a complimentary partner’ ‘Been let down by his teammates’ etc

If you need Per Mertesacker alongside you to look like a decent CB then maybe you’re just not that good?

blaze_of_glory

This guy gets cut a ridiculous amount of slack tbh.

‘Needs a complimentary partner’ ‘Been let down by his teammates’ etc

If you need Per Mertesacker alongside you to look like a decent CB then maybe you’re just not that good?
Well now he's both older and plagued by chronic tendonitis, which I can only assume would completely erode the leg of regular man such as yourself. He was always excellent and could be seen bailing out every partner other than Mertesacker.

Won't have any downplaying of Kos' contributions here over they years just because he's now finally past his prime and the team is in a bad moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom