• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Europa League - 2017/18

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Apparently they're the only the only team in European competition managed by an Englishman.

Harry's uncle Graham Potter.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
Dortmund or Atletico will win this competition.

Atletico have found themselves back in the league race in Spain, and they have a really really small squad. So maybe that will play a big part in how they go about the Europa from now on.

As for Dortmund, we will be hugely reliant on actually having players stay fit for the rest of the way now. I like our chances better now Marco Reus is back, but we all know how that can go :eek:ops:

My 2 concern would be our defence is still shaky, and our midfield isn't doing so great either. Weigl's been really struggling, and Dahoud hasn't got going at all. Sahin is up and down and Castro is well, Castro. We ain't losing games now, but we are not winning enough either!

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Atletico have found themselves back in the league race in Spain, and they have a really really small squad. So maybe that will play a big part in how they go about the Europa from now on.

As for Dortmund, we will be hugely reliant on actually having players stay fit for the rest of the way now. I like our chances better now Marco Reus is back, but we all know how that can go :eek:ops:

My 2 concern would be our defence is still shaky, and our midfield isn't doing so great either. Weigl's been really struggling, and Dahoud hasn't got going at all. Sahin is up and down and Castro is well, Castro. We ain't losing games now, but we are not winning enough either!
I support Bayern as well so I don’t care about Dortmund really :p

IMO this is your best formation.
Burki
Toljan Sokratis Toprak Guerreiro
Weigl CM
Pulisic Gotze Reus
Michy

Dortmund have too many AMs and Wingers. They need a proper CM. Should go after Wolfsburg’s Arnold this summer.

As for Atletico, If they can win at the Camp Nou this Sunday then I think they’ll start prioritising La Liga over the EL. (Like Napoli)

Then it might come down to Lyon, Dortmund or Leipzig.

Borussin

I support Bayern as well so I don’t care about Dortmund really :p

IMO this is your best formation.
Burki
Toljan Sokratis Toprak Guerreiro
Weigl CM
Pulisic Gotze Reus
Michy

Dortmund have too many AMs and Wingers. They need a proper CM. Should go after Wolfsburg’s Arnold this summer.

As for Atletico, If they can win at the Camp Nou this Sunday then I think they’ll start prioritising La Liga over the EL. (Like Napoli)

Then it might come down to Lyon, Dortmund or Leipzig.

IF Altetico win that game, then yes indeed, they may well decide to concentrate on the league, I was amazed how small their squad is, they have 17 outfield players in their first team.

I know things are not rosy for Arsenal right now, but if that happens with atletico, no reason not to believe Arsenal cannot do it either.

Leipzig are an interesting one, they have some fantastic players, but I wonder if their youth and lack of epexrience will have an effect. And also, I don't know if Ralph Hasenhüttl is savvy enough.

As for Dortmund. For sure Guerreiro, but sadly, he has juts been injured over and over again! I still prefer Piszczek in there for Toljan, even though of course the best days of his career are behind him. I would actually have Schürrle in that first 11 now too, it took a long time, but he's actually been one of our better players last few games!

Brown Gooner

^ Arsenal can do what? Win the Europa? :lol:

I would be shocked if we can knockout Milan and finally reach a European QF.

Borussin

^ Arsenal can do what? Win the Europa? :lol:

I would be shocked if we can knockout Milan and finally reach a European QF.

ya never know! One of the favourites got dumped out last round cos they decided to not play that well in the first game. Atletico are likely to not go all out in it.
IF you get by Milan, then you have every chance. TBH, I don't watch Italian football so I don't know how they are doing or how they play.

Brown Gooner

ya never know! One of the favourites got dumped out last round cos they decided to not play that well in the first game. Atletico are likely to not go all out in it.
IF you get by Milan, then you have every chance. TBH, I don't watch Italian football so I don't know how they are doing or how they play.
Milan are unbeaten in 12 games in all competitions. Recently they won away at Roma. I saw that game, impressive 2-0 win and they were good on counters. Yesterday Milan secured a place in the Italian Cup final against Juventus. If they win the Derby this Sunday against Inter then I cannot see how Arsenal win against Milan. Will need Real Madrid type “luck” to see us through to the next round.

Also, Milan will be taking the EL pretty seriously because they too are struggling to make it to the Top 4 in Serie A.

You’re right in that if Arsenal can beat Milan then it would boost our chances massively but I’m not getting my hopes up :(

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Napoli weren't the favorites, anyone who watches Seria A knew that their squad depth was non-existent and they would focus only on the league.
Atletico are levels above everyone else, but they might focus on the league if they win Barca though.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Dortmund could well be going out with that result, 1-2 at home to Salzburg. They're not great this season but still, if we're gonna progress in this competition we need some of the bigger teams to drop out you'd think.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom