• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Manchester City Take 2 PL Sky 7 45 1/3/2018

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
no offence to the real fans who were there all along. I was watching the pre game and it was showing these City fans who they were asking was their favourite moment as a fan and all of them said the same garbage - Balotelli's game when they beat United or Augero's last minute title clinching goal. How about before you guys got rich?
Well, for me it could be Dickov's goal at Wembley, you know him, right? Or are you 'nouveau gooner'?

Or it's when The Goat robbed Neville at Maine Road in our first derby win for 13 long years.

But no, it absolutely HAS to be the Agueroooooooo moment.

Why is it garbage?

Marmaduke

I've said this since his Shaktar days. He's a youtube player.
Buddy of mine is a big Shakthar supporter, always praised the guy. Then again that a totally different league.

In any case I'm personally optimistic on the Armenian for now if only on the fact that he needs to play for a proper amount of time in a team that isn't mentally and tactically shot right now.

Marmaduke

It says something when we only have kids on our bench. Nobody who can even influence a consultation goal .
I watched the cup game at a pub and heard a table laughing about how "City bring up Jesus off the bench to shore up and we have Iwobi to save us".

Our bench is bad. What is even worse is that you can't keep quality players on the bench if the team is only hovering above midtable.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Were we even that bad that bad? Certainly had a few decent attacking moves compared to recent games. The pressing was actually a lot better then we’ve seen previously, City just have the quality to deal with it.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Were we even that bad that bad? Certainly had a few decent attacking moves compared to recent games. The pressing was actually a lot better then we’ve seen previously, City just have the quality to deal with it.

We were ok in the first half, second half was diabolical. City weren’t even trying at that point and were basically going through the motions trying to get to the end of the game using as little effort as possible and all we could manage was one shot on target.

Lakersgooner24

Established Member
Either. Omfg does anyone understand how a stadium licence works?
Chill dude. Instead of asking rhetorical questions, maybe you can clarify how a “stadium license” and the stadium safety certifications you keep bleating on about affect and/or have to do with the length of a season ticket waiting list (I only asked if the waiting list was still long as it used to be), if any, and/or it being unlikely that a mass fan boycott, big enough to force Kroenke and co. into drastic action, will happen when there is still a demand for tickets? Do explain, I’m listening.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Bob, this is bollocks mate. We signed Aubameyang as a panic buy, and probably to contest the departure of Sanchez. No one actually knows how Wenger will utilise either of them because they've barely had any time to actually play together.
Panic buy maybe. But it's hardly bullocks .we've played with one striker for years. Giroud left because we signed another striker. Unless we magically change formation again it's safe to assume one is first choice and the other is second choice.

I'm so hungover I don't know what I wrote last night

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Chill dude. Instead of asking rhetorical questions, maybe you can clarify how a “stadium license” and the stadium safety certifications you keep bleating on about affect and/or have to do with the length of a season ticket waiting list (I only asked if the waiting list was still long as it used to be), if any, and/or it being unlikely that a mass fan boycott, big enough to force Kroenke and co. into drastic action, will happen when there is still a demand for tickets? Do explain, I’m listening.
Apologies. I drunk 16 of my 18 tins of Bud. I'm dying. And was pissed as ****.

A stadium safety certificate is essentially what it says. A certificate that certifies your stadium is safe, without it you cannot have people inside your stadium. It starts with all seater stadiums right through to counter terrorism and everything in between. So it doesn't matter if 1 person shows up or 60k we have to have the stadium safe for 60k people during league games because we don't know if everyone will or won't turn up. You have the expense of stewards and police to pay for regardless and that's not cheap.

At least with say a Europa league game where you know only 30k tickets have been sold you can adjust accordingly. But for league games you can't. Because you need to comply with the stadium safety certificate and if you don't you could be looking at ground closure.

Hope this helps :)

Lakersgooner24

Established Member

A stadium safety certificate is essentially what it says. A certificate that certifies your stadium is safe, without it you cannot have people inside your stadium. It starts with all seater stadiums right through to counter terrorism and everything in between. So it doesn't matter if 1 person shows up or 60k we have to have the stadium safe for 60k people during league games because we don't know if everyone will or won't turn up. You have the expense of stewards and police to pay for regardless and that's not cheap.

At least with say a Europa league game where you know only 30k tickets have been sold you can adjust accordingly. But for league games you can't. Because you need to comply with the stadium safety certificate and if you don't you could be looking at ground closure.

No worries and completely understandable given our current state.
Yep, understood, had a feeling a stadium safety cert was something along those lines.

However, I just don’t understand what stadium certs have to do with my comment regarding a boycott, because what I’m saying is that a proper mass boycott is unlikely for clubs with fan bases as big as ours, as there is still too much demand for tickets, whether it be from local fans/season ticket holders unwilling to take part in one and/or foreigners and tourists who are eager to attend a match.

Obviously a boycott only works if it hurts the bottom line, but for a club as big as ours, there will always be people willing to spend the cash which is why I think it will be difficult to organize a successful one.

marting

Those boys were made to look like mugs on Sunday, If that was me i would want some revenge, Even if i couldnt match them i would make my presence felt by giving them a bit of a kick......We just rolled over and let them sleep with our wifes last night.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Bud? Noooooooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom