• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TriniGunner

Wenger will be here until the end of season no doubting that. He should judge himself in May and realise the game is up!!

I think the club are already lining up his replacement after the World Cup. The fact that Özil chose to stay (albeit for the salary) makes me think that Low is the manager they're trying to get.

Newchange

Low and Tuchel are my only 2 choices with the former being my first choice. If we were any ambitious we'd be seeing about hiring Low after the World Cup.
Im unsure of Low purely due to him being an international manager and for so so long. Club management is a different kettle of fish.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

So glad Im on holiday with unlimited booze at my disposal. So depressing he still has his job. The board are so beta.

TriniGunner

Choice caretaker manager if Wenger got sacked after EL losses? Wonder if Ancelotti would take a temp role and option on our part to extend. Not convinced he would be right.

No need for a caretaker. It would cost us too much money in the short term and besides, what else could go wrong? Most of us know we're not going to win the Europa league anyway so getting back into the Champions League won't be something we'd see till probably 2020.

TriniGunner

Im unsure of Low purely due to him being an international manager and for so so long. Club management is a different kettle of fish.

He's a good manager with a proven track record. I know international football and club management are different but you can't tell me he won't do 10x better with this current crop of players. The German team is a well oiled machine no matter who he puts on the pitch and I think given that factor, he'd be able to separate the sheep from the goats in this squad. Everything is a risk, just like Barcelona when they hired Guardiola for the first team and we all saw how that turned out.

sil007

The problem with hiring Low , we will miss the preparation in early pre season , since germany will go far in WC.

I will not risk that

And oh , he only 1 year younger ( 58 ) than ancelotti , who is a proven winner in club management

Newchange

He's a good manager with a proven track record. I know international football and club management are different but you can't tell me he won't do 10x better with this current crop of players. The German team is a well oiled machine no matter who he puts on the pitch and I think given that factor, he'd be able to separate the sheep from the goats in this squad. Everything is a risk, just like Barcelona when they hired Guardiola for the first team and we all saw how that turned out.

Fair points made. What would worry me is seeing Mustafi being made our captain by Low. On the upside he would get the best out of Özil and organise our defence. All the signs would suggest he would fit. The list of Club teams hes managed dosent fill me with confidence but I appreicate hes won it all with the germans.

1994–1995 FC Frauenfeld
1996–1998 VfB Stuttgart
1998–1999 Fenerbahçe
1999–2000 Karlsruher SC
2000–2001 Adanaspor
2001–2002 Tirol Innsbruck
2003–2004 Austria Wien
2004–2006 Germany (assistant coach)
2006– Germany - present

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
The problem with hiring Low , we will miss the preparation in early pre season , since germany will go far in WC.
True but it didn't effect Conte that much in his first season at Chelsea.

scytheavatar

Established Member

International football and club management are different like you said, Low's job here won't be to "separate the sheep from the goats". It's to turn the sheeps into goats, and buy goats into the team. We do not have Germany's depth of talent, will Low be able to build a team strong enough to finish above teams with more resources than him? His record as club manager isn't very good, and I am not convinced he is the answer.

TriniGunner

I will not risk that

And oh , he only 1 year younger ( 58 ) than ancelotti , who is a proven winner in club management

True. I have no problem with Ancelotti as long as he can sort out his perceived lack of player management. It seems he honestly has a problem handling these modern day primadonnas and I really would like a manager with a proven track record of working with young players over a long period. I also picked Low because he seemed more long term than Ancelotti.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom