• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Windowlicker

Loads of people had wishlisted Xhaka. Even Mustafi was highly rated before he came here.
Quick reminder that we started a striker that cant kick a ball so save his life yesterday so.. Thats the problem.
I wish that people dont forget that Mustafi has put quality performances for us, including a FA CUP final wich we won against the champions.
Xhaka and Mustafi are quality players yes they were expensive but they are still unfinished products in their positions. Dross like Elneny, Ospina, Welbeck, Chambers, are getiing way to much gametime, there is no miracle we dont even sniff the league

Newchange

Quick reminder that we started a striker that cant kick a ball so save his life yesterday so.. Thats the problem.
I wish that people dont forget that Mustafi has put quality performances for us, including a FA CUP final wich we won against the champions.
Xhaka and Mustafi are quality players yes they were expensive but they are still unfinished products in their positions. Dross like Elneny, Ospina, Welbeck, Chambers, are getiing way to much gametime, there is no miracle we dont even sniff the league
Xhaka and Mustafi are NOT arsenal quality thats the point. Cut our loses and bring in a new spine to this team

samshere

Why so serieuse?
A lot of people wishlisted PEA too. There's something fundamentally wrong with the club, something that merely buying players isn't going to solve.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's telling that the rate of transfer rumours of players to Arsenal decreases significantly at a time when results on the pitch and the future of Wenger are the main story. Media stop publishing rumours because it's just not a believable narrative at this time of crisis. Anyway, it all points to the fact that 95% of rumours are utter b*llocks.

Disregarding rumours and just focusing on what the team needs (along with a new manager), I'd honestly be happy to forget the top half of the team. Sure, we need a winger but it's not a priority and we won't be able to spend a fortune in one window. I'd look to seriously address 6 positions in the team: GK, RB, CB, CB, LB & DM.

Go for a solid GK around 25 years of age or a high potential younger GK to take over from Cech in earnest from 2019, not too expensive though. Names like Jiri Pavlenka, Timo Horn, Jack Butland, Lovre Kalinic etc or Alban Lafont as a riskier but exciting prospect.

A RB to compete with or even take over from Bellerin. The new RB should be better defensively than Bellerin and fairly cheap, think Sagna 2.0.

Two new CBs. Sell Mustafi to Lazio or somewhere and keep Kos as a starter/rotation option. Send Holding and Mavropanos out on loan. Keep Chambers as a back-up. The biggest fee of the window should be on Harry Maguire, go all out for him. Then look to someone like James Tarkowski, Jamaal Lascelles or Jonny Evans. Just get some defenders who will take pride in defending and take control of this team, to f*ck with passing ability. I don't remember people banging on about the passing ability of Adams and Keown.

Monreal will be valuable for a couple more years but I have doubts over Kolasinac's defensive abilities (beyond just shoulder-barging people occasionally). It's not the highest priority, but if Kolasinac could be sold at a profit with Kieran Tierney as a replacement that'd be ideal.

The GK and back-line is a priority but depending on finances I'd look for at least one, maybe two, midfielders. We all want the likes of Fabinho etc but beggars can't be choosers, we have to be resourceful if we're unable to attract the upper tier of talent. Someone like Ljubomir Fejsa, who is a Vidal-like DM at Benfica. He's very experienced, he'd come in straight away and get people's arses in gear. Then perhaps a more mobile box-to-box player like Doucoure or Zakaria, someone not too expensive to add some much needed physicality. Lastly I'd personally love a really technical CM like Frenkie de Jong, but I acknowledge it's not a priority.

We definitely need more depth and natural width in attack but not everything can be done at once. If 50m is still in the bank after all the other positions are filled then go for it, otherwise save it for next year. Properly promote Nelson and give him minutes at his favoured RW position. If Sven can find a cheap young winger then go for it.

Whoever the manager is, the people behind the scenes i.e Sanllehi, Mislintat & Gazidis need to take charge and prioritise the re-building of our defence. GK, a solid CB partnership and a trustworthy DM are the foundations of this and must be achieved. Full-backs less so but still need addressing.

We do have players with quality that can be devastating on the attack so we shouldn't think we're bereft of elite quality, but none of that matters if the team doesn't have confidence in itself. Sort out the defence and restore those foundations, the rest will follow.

Tom349

Im always a bit suspect when buying from the same league and at smaller clubs however N'didi and Maguire from Leciester are exceptions. Both are comfortably good enough for Arsenal and no thats not talking about our current level but rather the level we should be aiming for. We have a lot of positions that need filling but these two would be a good start.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Im always a bit suspect when buying from the same league and at smaller clubs however N'didi and Maguire from Leciester are exceptions. Both are comfortably good enough for Arsenal and no thats not talking about our current level but rather the level we should be aiming for. We have a lot of positions that need filling but these two would be a good start.

Not a bad idea at all. I also fall into the habit of thinking players from other leagues are automatically better, but it's a flawed way of thinking. Ndidi, Doucoure, Maguire, Tarkowski, Mahrez are all players we could look at.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's telling that the rate of transfer rumours of players to Arsenal decreases significantly at a time when results on the pitch and the future of Wenger are the main story. Media stop publishing rumours because it's just not a believable narrative at this time of crisis. Anyway, it all points to the fact that 95% of rumours are utter b*llocks.

Disregarding rumours and just focusing on what the team needs (along with a new manager), I'd honestly be happy to forget the top half of the team. Sure, we need a winger but it's not a priority and we won't be able to spend a fortune in one window. I'd look to seriously address 6 positions in the team: GK, RB, CB, CB, LB & DM.

Go for a solid GK around 25 years of age or a high potential younger GK to take over from Cech in earnest from 2019, not too expensive though. Names like Jiri Pavlenka, Timo Horn, Jack Butland, Lovre Kalinic etc or Alban Lafont as a riskier but exciting prospect.

A RB to compete with or even take over from Bellerin. The new RB should be better defensively than Bellerin and fairly cheap, think Sagna 2.0.

Two new CBs. Sell Mustafi to Lazio or somewhere and keep Kos as a starter/rotation option. Send Holding and Mavropanos out on loan. Keep Chambers as a back-up. The biggest fee of the window should be on Harry Maguire, go all out for him. Then look to someone like James Tarkowski, Jamaal Lascelles or Jonny Evans. Just get some defenders who will take pride in defending and take control of this team, to f*ck with passing ability. I don't remember people banging on about the passing ability of Adams and Keown.

Monreal will be valuable for a couple more years but I have doubts over Kolasinac's defensive abilities (beyond just shoulder-barging people occasionally). It's not the highest priority, but if Kolasinac could be sold at a profit with Kieran Tierney as a replacement that'd be ideal.

The GK and back-line is a priority but depending on finances I'd look for at least one, maybe two, midfielders. We all want the likes of Fabinho etc but beggars can't be choosers, we have to be resourceful if we're unable to attract the upper tier of talent. Someone like Ljubomir Fejsa, who is a Vidal-like DM at Benfica. He's very experienced, he'd come in straight away and get people's arses in gear. Then perhaps a more mobile box-to-box player like Doucoure or Zakaria, someone not too expensive to add some much needed physicality. Lastly I'd personally love a really technical CM like Frenkie de Jong, but I acknowledge it's not a priority.

We definitely need more depth and natural width in attack but not everything can be done at once. If 50m is still in the bank after all the other positions are filled then go for it, otherwise save it for next year. Properly promote Nelson and give him minutes at his favoured RW position. If Sven can find a cheap young winger then go for it.

Whoever the manager is, the people behind the scenes i.e Sanllehi, Mislintat & Gazidis need to take charge and prioritise the re-building of our defence. GK, a solid CB partnership and a trustworthy DM are the foundations of this and must be achieved. Full-backs less so but still need addressing.

We do have players with quality that can be devastating on the attack so we shouldn't think we're bereft of elite quality, but none of that matters if the team doesn't have confidence in itself. Sort out the defence and restore those foundations, the rest will follow.

Do we really know what the team needs though? If our senior players are not receiving coaching, what are our young players getting?

I can only say for certain that we definitely need a GK and a young centre back to bed in and take over from Koscielny. The rest is totally dependant on a manager and we have no idea our current players play under proper instruction.

For example, Jardim, a coach who likes to play ,4 4 2 and who really enjoys working with young players may walk into the club and after 3 weeks have a totally different impression from what we have.

Modern day players need guidance. OX needed guidance and was screaming out for it. Now all of our players are and there are so many that can be good if coached and instructed correctly.

Jardim may walk in and decide that he doesn't need Ramsey but may want to keep Wilshere to play a Bernardo Silva role. He may coach AMN to do what Bakayoko did. He may only buy Fabinho as he could use Nelson and Iwobi also.

-----------Auba------Lacazette
Özil----AMN---------Fabinho-Wilshere

That's the same dynamic he had at Monaco. Another manager may build around Xhaka. Truth is we have good players that will need to leave depending on what system the new manager wants to play.

Tom349

I mentioned him elsewhere the other day but Mike Maignan is an interesting GK prospect to follow. Came through the youth ranks of PSG and had to leave for opportunity but appears to be making the most of it.

His stats look good and very much looks like he is a part of the new breed of sweeper keepers who are with the ball at their feet.

HBL

Established Member
How many players will we need if Ramsey & Wilshere leave?

We’re probably looking at having to spend £200m+ this window if we want to compete for titles again.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Danilo from Porto or Carvalho from Sporting CP as defensive midfield.
Mahrez and Brandt as wingers. Backup RB.

AND MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL - A NEW MANAGER!

Simeone, Conte, Allegri, Jardim or even Nagelsmann.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Thinking about it more I'd go 3-5-2 and literally just buy defenders and a goalkeeper.

--------------------Auba/Welbz---Laca/Nketiah

Kolasinac/Monreal---Özil/Iwobi---Mhiki/Nelson-----Bellerin/AMN

--------------------------------Fabinho/Xhaka

---------------Diallo/Holding--------------------Manolas/Chambers

-----------------------------------Koulibaly/Kos

-------------------------Alisson/Cech/Huddart/Macey

HG quota 8

Out: Ramsey £40m, Wilshere (free), Elneny £10m, Mustafi £20m, Perez £12m, Mavrapanos (loan), Campbell £1m, Ospina £5m = £88m

In: Manolas £35m, Fabinho £45m, Diallo £20m, Koulibaly £60m, Alisson £60m.

£132m net spend. That is around about our budget.

Last edited:

Hinderz

Xhaka -> Fabinho -£20m net
Mustafi -> Manolas -£15m net
Chambers -> Evans +£15m net
Sell
Wellbeck £15m
Perez £10m
Ospina £5m
Rebuild

CanadianGooner1608

Surely a wishlist has nothing to do with being reasonable, yeah?
In that case, give me :
Fabinho
Martial
Alonso
Alderweireld
Untiti.

Fabinho fixes our dm situation brilliantly (as an AS Monaco fan, I can assure you guys you don't get much more boss than him when it comes to contributions to defense and participation to attack plays)
Martial gives us width
Alonso because I personally like him a lot
Alderweireld because we need defenders who are proven in the EPL
Umtiti because I'm allowed to be unreasonable ffs.

Token Yank

Manager: Jardim

Out: Ramsey (40m), Mustafi (20m), Bellerin (50m), Ospina (5m), Welbeck (8m), Chambers (15m)

In: Ndidi (40m), Fabinho (50m), Gimenez/Kouilbaly (50m), Pavard (20m), Sidibe (30m), Lafont (20m), Bailey (50m)

4-4-2

................Aubameyang......Lacazette
Özil/Bailey.........Ndidi..............Fabinho........Mhky/Özil
Sead*...........Kos.......Gimenez/Kouibaly...........Sidibe
............................Cech/Lafont

* I think Sead would be rampant in the Jardim setup. Plus having Ndidi and Fabinho covering allows the fullbacks freedom to bomb forward.

4-2-3-1

...................Aubameyang
Bailey.................Özil...............Mhky
....................Ndidi......Fabinho
Sead.....Kos.....Gimenez/Kouibaly......Sidibe
........................Cech/Lafont

Net spend: 122m

HBL

Established Member
Manager: Jardim

Out: Ramsey (40m), Mustafi (20m), Bellerin (50m), Ospina (5m), Welbeck (8m), Chambers (15m)

In: Ndidi (40m), Fabinho (50m), Gimenez/Kouilbaly (50m), Pavard (20m), Sidibe (30m), Lafont (20m), Bailey (50m)

4-4-2

................Aubameyang......Lacazette
Özil/Bailey.........Ndidi..............Fabinho........Mhky/Özil
Sead*...........Kos.......Gimenez/Kouibaly...........Sidibe
............................Cech/Lafont

* I think Sead would be rampant in the Jardim setup. Plus having Ndidi and Fabinho covering allows the fullbacks freedom to bomb forward.

4-2-3-1

...................Aubameyang
Bailey.................Özil...............Mhky
....................Ndidi......Fabinho
Sead.....Kos.....Gimenez/Kouibaly......Sidibe
........................Cech/Lafont

Net spend: 122m
Like the manager, like the formation, like the signings. However, I don’t like some of the players you want to sell.

I think we’d be incredibly naive to sell Bellerin without giving him a chance under a new manager and new system. Wouldn’t sell Ramsey unless he makes it clear that he wants to leave.

Top Bottom