• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Laurent Koscielny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

This guy gets cut a ridiculous amount of slack tbh.

‘Needs a complimentary partner’ ‘Been let down by his teammates’ etc

If you need Per Mertesacker alongside you to look like a decent CB then maybe you’re just not that good?
Warning you boy.

This lad carried our defence for years, he's like a horse in the grand national, done all he could, but after a fall, he's running on with no jockey and 3 legs.

Needs putting down, shame his stable mates are inbred donkeys.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Man has injections just so he can continue playing and is in pain everyday, yes he needs a replacement but we should still respect what he's given to this **** club when he was linked to Bayern and Barca at various times.

It's stupid how we're in a position where he's our best CB because he should be 3rd/4th choice by this stage.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Koscielny put in some great performances alongside Djourou as well, but there's only so much you can do next to Vermaelen, Mustafi and Squillaci. Then you had guys like Almunia and Fabianski throwing it into their own net.
His best came next to Per, who is sitting on the bench in his last season for the club while Mustafi is trying as hard as possible to emulate legends such as Silvestre and Squillaci.
I don't know why the old man plays Chambers and Holding over Per at this point, because we're leaking goals for fun, so at least try the guy with more experience to see if it helps.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
His best came next to Per, who is sitting on the bench in his last season for the club while Mustafi is trying as hard as possible to emulate legends such as Silvestre and Squillaci.
I don't know why the old man plays Chambers and Holding over Per at this point, because we're leaking goals for fun, so at least try the guy with more experience to see if it helps.
Per can't play more than one game a week I don't think, but maybe he could have been utilised more.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
When Koscielny retires and everyone starts talking about how great he was I'm gonna be so bitter. The most overrated player I've ever seen at Arsenal, he's been at the heart of all our defensive frailties since he became a starting CB.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
When Koscielny retires and everyone starts talking about how great he was I'm gonna be so bitter. The most overrated player I've ever seen at Arsenal, he's been at the heart of all our defensive frailties since he became a starting CB.
I agree that he’s overrated by Arsenal fans and users here but he wasn’t as bad as you’re making him out to be.

With that being said, under his “captaincy” Arsenal have suffered some of their biggest defeats in recent years. Not that I blame him entirely for those hammerings but still something to keep in mind.

pikey2000

Even in his recent decline he is still the least of our concerns at CB, easily our best CB, and has 1 more season in him I reckon.

We desperately need at least one top level CB at the end of the season thoguh, 2 if Mustafi leaves.

Chambers and Holding should be 4/5th choice after Kos, +1 and +2.

BobP

Memri Fan
Poor guy.

Body is coming apart after years of having to carry our defence.

For those passing judgement on Koscielny, keep in mind we brought him in from Lorient for 10M. Up there with some of Wenger's best buys. Exceptional value for money.

OSBK

Established Member
Respect him for what he has done but he has to go.

He had everything in his prime apart from being the leader, he couldve been the best defender we have ever had if had been coached right.

I will always remember the day birmingham beat us in the cup and after the game the birmingham players ran around celebrating and barry fergurson ran behind him and rubbed kos head. Kos sat there and took it and no arsenal players kicked off. I was fuming watching it and couldnt believe no players kicked off.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We can’t sell him, not with our current options. He’ll be fine as backup next season and he’s got no resale value anyway.

Look at our other options, Mustafi who will hopefully be sold, the Kray twins who will be sent out I’d imagine and Mavropanos.

Ideally we buy two starters and have Koscielny and one of the English lads as back up.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
There is a reason we nick named him bossielny. Pocketed so many great cf in his time, I've lost count.... Augero are you listening ;p

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

We can’t sell him, not with our current options. He’ll be fine as backup next season and he’s got no resale value anyway.

Look at our other options, Mustafi who will hopefully be sold, the Kray twins who will be sent out I’d imagine and Mavropanos.

Ideally we buy two starters and have Koscielny and one of the English lads as back up.
Sven will have to work some magic this summer with all the holes in the squad. Probably have to go bargain shopping for players like Evans.

nick gould

His confidence is so so low. But again in all honesty, he’s never been a great natural defender. In his formative years with us he relied a lot on his pace to react and recover from bad situations. No coincidence that he became miles better when played with Per. Good defenders are not reactive but proactive.

Look at his eyes when he is playing nowadays. He is close to breaking into tears.

Kroket

Trusty and Sensible
Completely finished at the top level, will always have a soft spot for him however. Some unknown scrawny lad from Lorient giving us eight seasons of near-world class production despite at times being surrounded by absolute dross, wonderful story.

HBL

Established Member
Love this guy and won’t turn on him. Was very poor on the ball today but I still think he could do a job next to a semi-competent defender. Would keep him for next season as 2/3rd cb.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Been a great club servant. Shame on Wenger for not signing a top class defender to ease the pressure on him.

Similar situation with kompany, but look at the quality of defenders pep has surrounded him with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom