• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mesut Özil: Time to Move Ön?

Do you want Özil sold this summer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Contract player. The German Theo Walcott. Bent us over just the same as Theo due to his contract situation and the clubs desperation.

Doesnt turn up vs Sp**s in a must win for top 4, literally doesn't turn up and hangs out in Turkey while the club are playing in the EL, again doesnt turn up again vs City in the cup final for our most realistic shot at a trophy then in the redemption game yesterday does the same.

Ability and compensation to performance output ratio, especially when it is needed most, is off the charts.

Özil perfectly represents everything that is wrong with modern AFC.

Last edited:

Contract player. The German Theo Walcott. Bent us over just the same as Theo due to his contract situation and the clubs desperation.

Doesnt turn up vs Sp**s in a must win for top 4, literally doesn't turn up and hangs out in Turkey while the club are playing in the EL, again doesnt turn up again vs City in the cup final for our most realistic shot at a trophy then in the redemption game yesterday does the same.

Ability and compensation to performance output ratio, especially when it is needed most, is off the charts.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Agent 000...

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
You supporters of Arsenal FC or Özil FC?

If it was the former I dont see how you in any way could be happy with awful performances or full on taking vacation on the club as our season free falls and we need our best and highest paid player to perform the most.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Should have allowed him to walk. Even if we wanted to sell him, we couldn't now. In fact, there is no team that would take him off our hands and pay him 350K per week.

Shame football isn't like the NBA sometimes where the players really don't have a choice when teams want to "trade" them unless they have a no-trade clause (Lebron).

Özil has played great the few months prior to his contract...really setting our attacking tempo. He's just not he sort of leader that can get us out of this mess we're in.
To be fair, he should have looked for a team that is so strong defensively that they utilize his attacking strengths. Our current system doesn't allow him to flourish. He doesn't care as he's taking home 350K per week...that's what matter at the end of the day.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Comparing Özil to Walcott. Get out.
Hmm.

Both are on high, undeserved, wages as they ran their contract down and the club got desperate to keep hold and save face as other star players wanted out (RVP with Theo and Sanchez with Özil).

Both drift in and out of games. Rarely do they influence the game over 90 mins.

Both need the starts to align to perform at their best.

Both are bottlers when the chips are down, yet both are WC at talking to the media/online afterwards.

German Theo Walcott. If anything the situation is worse with Özil since he has far more footballing ability to work with.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
If he puts in a performance like Yesterday or the Sp**s one in the two Milan games then I will be on board the “Contract player” train.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
His form has unquestionably gone down the toilet since he signed. It is what it is.

Problem for those who think he can never do wrong, is they hung on to the defence that he cant play well if others are rubbish... only for Özil to show his best form when his teammates were crap. That excuse is gone.

BobP

Memri Fan
His form has unquestionably gone down the toilet since he signed. It is what it is.

Problem for those who think he can never do wrong, is they hung on to the defence that he cant play well if others are rubbish... only for Özil to show his best form when his teammates were crap. That excuse is gone.

IMO, it was already going downhill ever before he signed.

Also, pretty harsh to not excuse his poor form in what could end up being our worst season since Wenger arrived.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I have a funny feeling that Özil might notch it up a gear in March to impress Löw against Spain and Brasil. Lets see what he does in the EL against Milan.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Also, pretty harsh to not excuse his poor form in what could end up being our worst season since Wenger arrived.
What do you mean? He was in the form of his life a month ago. We were still sh!t then. Not worth mentioning our sh!t season when he's played great for a period during that **** season.

BobP

Memri Fan
What do you mean? He was in the form of his life a month ago. We were still sh!t then. Not worth mentioning our sh!t season when he's played great for a period during that **** season.

He's had 2 assists and a goal in the games played since the 3-3 draw with Liverpool which was on the 22nd of December.

There's over a month separating the Liverpool game and the announcement of the new contract.

To reiterate, his form was down in the month preceding the announcement of the contract.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
He's had 2 assists and a goal in the games played since the 3-3 draw with Liverpool which was on the 22nd of December.

There's over a month separating the Liverpool game and the announcement of the new contract.

To reiterate, his form was down in the month preceding the announcement of the contract.
I don't get what your point is. His down turn in form has coincided more or less with the signing of his contract. I'm not saying he was playing for his contract. Whether he faded a week or so before he signed it, he's definitely been crap since. The assists and goals aren't a measure of his form, for me, anyway. Never was.

BobP

Memri Fan
I don't get what your point is. His down turn in form has coincided more or less with the signing of his contract. I'm not saying he was playing for his contract. Whether he faded a week or so before he signed it, he's definitely been crap since. The assists and goals aren't a measure of his form, for me, anyway. Never was.

My point is perfectly clear.

You said:

The implication here is obvious.

Regardless, we've been inconsistent for most of this season, it's only been in the past month or so that our form has completely collapsed. We hit in a new low in the past month.

By all means though, have a go at Özil, as you do with most players, for playing badly when the entire team is suffering.

Godwin1

Very well-known
Yeah funny this, when he was racking up assists before it was used to prove he was in good form. The assists have dried up this season and he was undoubtedly in the best form we've seen him in. Another false narrative destroyed.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Yeah funny this, when he was racking up assists before it was used to prove he was in good form. The assists have dried up this season and he was undoubtedly in the best form we've seen him in. Another false narrative destroyed.
That's the beauty of this thread. It's why I keep coming back. They just keep falling, and the silence is golden :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom