• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Danny Welbeck: Dan Out Ere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Yeah somewhere around £10-12M is what I'll expect for this donkey. The fee's we received in January for Theo and Giroud (who boast far more impressive stats than Welbeck) don't give me much confidence that we'll even get close to recouping what we wasted on him.
Can't blame teams tho, who want's to spend big money on a CF that never scores goals or a wide player that can't beat a man. He's literally the most pointless player we've got.

Agree with you on the fee but I did laugh because the bolded part describes Walcott on a bad day. Take heart. We may get lucky.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I remember how frustrated I was when we got him in the first place. When he was shopped around late in the transfer window and I really hoped we would not pick him up and of course we did. What an absolute waste of time and money from the club and Wenger. There must be literarily hundreds of better prospects across the globe that we could have picked before him. Anyone with half a brain can see how limited he is for a top club prospect. Van Gaal must have been so happy when he could off load him to us of all places.

Giroud12

Yeah somewhere around £10-12M is what I'll expect for this donkey. The fee's we received in January for Theo and Giroud (who boast far more impressive stats than Welbeck) don't give me much confidence that we'll even get close to recouping what we wasted on him.
Can't blame teams tho, who want's to spend big money on a CF that never scores goals or a wide player that can't beat a man. He's literally the most pointless player we've got.

If anyone offers us something even close to 10 mill we have to take it and run. I guess the only positive here is that hes English, and theres always someone dumb enough to go for those players, and pay over the odds.

Looking at what people like Coq and Gabriel went for, anything remotely close to that would be great. Coq could do a job at most PL teams, so a similar fee would be criminal, but then again its the whole English thing.

OSBK

Established Member
He was a man utd player like park who couldnt it every week but in big games they performed. We saw it a few times where is one off games against better sides he performed.

Much like park he had a short shelf life and the longer we keep him the worst he will get.

Giroud12

He was a man utd player like park who couldnt it every week but in big games they performed. We saw it a few times where is one off games against better sides he performed.

Much like park he had a short shelf life and the longer we keep him the worst he will get.

I for one think Park was very underrated. Was one of Fergies trusted guys.

say yes

forum master baiter
Danny Welbeck has put in more good performances for Arsenal this season than 90% of our squad, despite missing half the year with another injury.

Also gave me one of the best days of my life:

:drool:

OSBK

Established Member
I for one think Park was very underrated. Was one of Fergies trusted guys.

No doubt he was underrated as his performances in big games for utd were brilliant. However week in week out in the epl like welbeck he hardly set the world alight.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
This run of games he's due to get, will be the ending of his Arsenal career. His performances will make it impossible for him to stay in the summer. He knows he'll never be CF here, and he's no winger. If he has sense, he'll demand to leave in the summer. If Wenger has any left, he'll sell him.

He's a championship player.

Giroud12

Cant really be mad anymore. At the end of the day its not his fault he is a professional footballer, I mean who wouldnt jump on an offer from Arsenal. In reality though, he looks like a random guy who found a "play with Arsenal for a day" prize in a box of cereal.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
He has almost reached Walcott level disdain in my eyes. Can’t finish and Can’t hold up play. His abilities as a CF have regressed.

I would give him one final chance (18-19) under a new manager to prove himself. If he still doesn’t make it then that’s that.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
He has almost reached Walcott level disdain in my eyes. Can’t finish and Can’t hold up play. His abilities as a CF have regressed.

I would give him one final chance (18-19) under a new manager to prove himself. If he still doesn’t make it then that’s that.
Almost reached walcott level? He was never above walcott level. The only thing going for him was work rate. Even that has gone down after injuries. Can't keep players who totally miss the ball when trying to shoot on a consistent basis. He is an absolute joke of a signing. He should be the first one to leave this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom