• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsenal Vs Manchester City Take 2 PL Sky 7 45 1/3/2018

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobP

Memri Fan
:lol: Watch that angry facial twitch doesn't get any worse.

Incredible really.

You literally revel at the thought of this club being down in the dumps.

Love coming on here after a disastrous run of form to spout rhetoric which is clearly intended to be incendiary.

You're obviously a troll. And the fact that you're a 'trusted member' is an insult to literally every honest-minded fan on here.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Those boys were made to look like mugs on Sunday, If that was me i would want some revenge, Even if i couldnt match them i would make my presence felt by giving them a bit of a kick......We just rolled over and let them sleep with our wifes last night.

We don't ever set out to make ourselves difficult to beat because we have been coached into thinking that this somehow is negative. 2 wins from 17 against the current top 5 and 0 away from home in 3 years vs them tells it's own story though.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Incredible really.

You literally revel at the thought of this club being down in the dumps.

Love coming on here after a disastrous run of form to spout rhetoric which is clearly intended to be incendiary.

You're obviously a troll. And the fact that you're a 'trusted member' is an insult to literally every honest-minded fan on here.
:lol::lol: Blood pressure ffs man.

6th isn't a disastrous run of form. It's where Mourinho and all that United money ended up last year. And he's doing OK this year.

You can't even name me an EPL club that won 3 trophies in 4 years and then sacked the manager the year after.

You're the one playing the club down, I'm bigging it up. You're the pessimist, I'm the optimist. You're the angry ****, I'm trying to lighten the mood. If anybody's incendiary, it's you my friend :lol:

:lol::lol: Blood pressure ffs man.

6th isn't a disastrous run of form. It's where Mourinho and all that United money ended up last year. And he's doing OK this year.

You can't even name me an EPL club that won 3 trophies in 4 years and then sacked the manager the year after.

You're the one playing the club down, I'm bigging it up. You're the pessimist, I'm the optimist. You're the angry ****, I'm trying to lighten the mood. If anybody's incendiary, it's you my friend :lol:
You are an absolute farce of a poster. An embarrassment. "Fans" like you are holding this club back.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
OK, I know you're keen on the Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/sep/20/newsstory.sport13

Para 3 says the resignation came in the wake of a crisis meeting.
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...elsea-jose-mourinho-sackings-roman-abramovich
The hierarchy were infuriated that Mourinho acted as if he owned the club and, with Chelsea fifth but only two points off the top and six games into the new campaign, he was sacked after a disappointing Champions League draw against Rosenborg.

Pretty obvious that Mourinho wanted to control the narrative and leaked claims of a resignation to the press. If he had in fact resigned, I don't think he would have been entitled to such a big compensation package.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...elsea-jose-mourinho-sackings-roman-abramovich
The hierarchy were infuriated that Mourinho acted as if he owned the club and, with Chelsea fifth but only two points off the top and six games into the new campaign, he was sacked after a disappointing Champions League draw against Rosenborg.

Pretty obvious that Mourinho wanted to control the narrative and leaked claims of a resignation to the press. If he had in fact resigned, I don't think he would have been entitled to such a big compensation package.
BBC
A statement on the Chelsea website confirmed: "Chelsea Football Club and Jose Mourinho have agreed to part company today (Thursday) by mutual consent."

Anyway back to your original post. No club would sack a manager with results like he got even with Abramovic's massive spend at that time. It's pretty clear reading this articles that Mourinho prompted this by falling out with Abramavic.

And back to Arsenal, 3 major domestic trophies in 4 years would normally guarantee a manager wouldn't be sacked the following year. Liverpool or Sp**s fans would be absolutely ecstatic with a trophy haul like that.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Jeez, what's going on here. Does it really matter that United spend this amount and finished in this position in relation to what we do?

Looking at our own performances, regardless of money, there are simply too many subpar, gutless performances every single season and the same glaring deficiencies that keeping popping up.

To me that's unacceptable, but if you think that's ok because the same happens at other clubs, fair enough.

FreakySami

Jeez, what's going on here. Does it really matter that United spend this amount and finished in this position in relation to what we do?

Looking at our own performances, regardless of money, there are simply too many subpar, gutless performances every single season and the same glaring deficiencies that keeping popping up.

To me that's unacceptable, but if you think that's ok because the same happens at other clubs, fair enough.

I think whether you believe it or not, something is being done about it. The whole organization is changing. We changed what? 6-8 first team players in 8 months? We remove "deadwood" without replacing them yet because they probably didn't get anybody good enough mid season. How can you expect a team to become stable after that? Tell me how!? No coach could unless he had a stable spine before which unfortunately for us were injured and or changed. I think wenger had a day on who comes in but he is forced to take players or nothing. This board and mostly the owner do not want to spend.

Yes, since gazidis came in we went for more"Superstar" or at least players that we didn't have to develop. But at the cost of what... Getting the rest of the players based on statdna.

Now after we realized we cannot afford to get more Superstars (cost went up 10x) because of the injections of the broadcaster sponsor money. Add to that that the premier league gave an advantage to every team to base their salary envelop to get bigger based on commercial deals. So every team that gets support from their owners through their company's or states get an advantage. Of course Arsenal didn't have anything good on those.

Whatever advantage we had buy having a sustainable model went down the drain and it gave an advantage to City Chelsea Liverpool and Manchester United.

Another dimension is the possibility for teams to use Wembley while upgrading their own stadium while paying cost to nothing while we had to grind it out for 10 years.

I don't understand what the board and gazidis do but I feel like they have neglected and reacted extremely slowly on these issues and it hurt us financially and restricted our spending. I do not believe for one second that they did not know about it. I think they gambled with ffp (which I think is fair because it was backed by UEFA but when it went to courts it wasn't able to hold it's ground I'm sure) and their Bank rolling.

Now the conclusion of all of this is having to replace your foundation, ie the manager through restructuring the whole organization, the recruiting and contact situations and the whole team because of a last years failure.

I'm as disappointed by the way the team has played recently as anybody but we average so many clear cut chances that we don't put away.

Post is too long I'll continue later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom