• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sil007

True but it didn't effect Conte that much in his first season at Chelsea.

Conte and Low very different

Conte have only 2 year break from club management before returning , while Low have 14 years break from club management until now.

Chelsea have 1 year blip before conte come ( PL winner team in 14-15 , 10th in 15-16 , which conte turn it to become winner again in 16-17 . All with basically the same high quality team core )

While at Arsenal , the team already broken for 14 years unable to win PL , with various mismanagement from top to bottom

Can a manager who in the last 14 years never in the club management turn arsenal to be great again in PL ? anything is possible in life , but i personally will prefer another option beside Low

Last edited:
Reactions: A_G

sil007

True. I have no problem with Ancelotti as long as he can sort out his perceived lack of player management. It seems he honestly has a problem handling these modern day primadonnas and I really would like a manager with a proven track record of working with young players over a long period. I also picked Low because he seemed more long term than Ancelotti.

My 1st pick actually Jardim , not Ancelotti

I use Ancelotti for comparison just to show that Low is not that young

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's a good manager with a proven track record. I know international football and club management are different but you can't tell me he won't do 10x better with this current crop of players. The German team is a well oiled machine no matter who he puts on the pitch and I think given that factor, he'd be able to separate the sheep from the goats in this squad. Everything is a risk, just like Barcelona when they hired Guardiola for the first team and we all saw how that turned out.
He doesn’t have a proven track record though, does he? He was a disaster in club management.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I'd be curious to see what David Wagner could do with a bigger club than Huddersfield. Arsenal is too early, but he seems a talented manager.

Borussin

AM's Resident Dortmund Fan
I'd be curious to see what David Wagner could do with a bigger club than Huddersfield. Arsenal is too early, but he seems a talented manager.

I'm half expecting him to come to the Bundesliga sooner rather than later. If he keeps Huddersfield up, which seems to be very likely, can he take them further? But as you say, for sure too early for such a jump like to a massive club like Arsenal. Which is why I can see him trying the Bundesliga.

Linson

I'm half expecting him to come to the Bundesliga sooner rather than later. If he keeps Huddersfield up, which seems to be very likely, can he take them further? But as you say, for sure too early for such a jump like to a massive club like Arsenal. Which is why I can see him trying the Bundesliga.

Erm, less of this please, we're quite happy with him in the Hudd, no poaching! #UTT

God please no for Rodgers, don't rate him at all.

I'd quite like to give Low a go, you just can't argue with the teams he puts out, they're invariably difficult to beat and have nice flowing football.

Otherwise Simeone. Needless to say, no matter who we choose it must be someone we're comfortable to give time to. I don't want us flitting between managers every two minutes.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Just seen the quotes :lol: He says he’s living the dream up there but then immediately starts talking about how he gets teams back into the champions league :lol:
I might have to take a break from football if that's the future.

BobP

Memri Fan
No word of a lie, I would cop another 20 years of Wenger if it meant Brendao never being the manager of this club.

Guy would turn us into a laughing stock. Not that we aren't already but at least Wenger is a revered and respected figure in football.

Last edited:

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
my ideal scenario would be for Wenger to go on Monday morning, and for Ancellotti to be chucked a load of money to come in and steady the ship for the rest of the season - after that, depending on how he does, either give him another year with someone like Arteta as his number two, with a view to taking over, or if nothing improves, bring in a young buck for 2018/9 and give him three years to turn things around

Linson

Arteta seems like a nice guy and all but do people really think he's ready to run a world class club? Has he even managed a team yet?

Impact

Established Member
Arteta would garner respect internally and externally. Would have supporters on side instantly, and has built a reputation for being an astute football mind, professional and now coach. Inexperience doesn't mean inability. And at this stage, a risk after Wenger is worth it.

Last edited:

pikey2000

All I want for our club is the same as I would like to see from the England team at a World Cup - guts, passion and if you are going to go down, go down giving every last drop of blood sweat and tears!

In essence I want a manager who is verbally and visually passionate on the sidelines, someone who can bring in a couple of leaders to do the same on the pitch.

More than anything this squad needs a rocket up its arse, so so many occasions we just don't start a game, or cave in under pressure, we need leaders, real bonefide leaders amongst men, people who will organise the team on the pitch and someone who can organise it off of the pitch.

No idea who that person is, perhaps Simeone, perhaps Conte but its defo not Arteta/Henry, as lovely as they are we don't need nice guys right now.

Outside of that we are in good shape, sure we can't compete with the stupid wages Utd and City are chucking around BUT we have spent circa 100m in strikers, 35m on a CM, 35m on a CB, we definitely should be able to compete chucking that kind of money around, just need the right man to get the team organised and above all raise the aggression and competitive streak!

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
It will probably be Low in summer 2019 after he takes a break from football following the world cup. Obviously means one more year for Wenger, but if that was announced over the summer would people accept it?

Arteta in as his number 2 with the idea being he eventually takes over.

Low has been in international football since 2006, and the clubs he managed prior were all minnows. Why would we take this snot-gobbler?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Erm, less of this please, we're quite happy with him in the Hudd, no poaching! #UTT

God please no for Rodgers, don't rate him at all.

I'd quite like to give Low a go, you just can't argue with the teams he puts out, they're invariably difficult to beat and have nice flowing football.

Otherwise Simeone. Needless to say, no matter who we choose it must be someone we're comfortable to give time to. I don't want us flitting between managers every two minutes.

Simeone is the dream to get us out of this funk

Ramsey would be so great in a Simeone team

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Right now Id settle for anyone not a shambles of a person (Brendan), a pro that will replace the entire coaching staff. This cant go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom