• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Predicted Low for about 3 years. Predictable appointment by the board.

Terrible manager, I’ll go with Wenger if Low is coming.

Aevi

Hale End FC
DXZVHtiW0AA26AE.jpg

Low is the favourite for the job apparently
Everything about that article is a punch to my gut.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Predicted Low for about 3 years. Predictable appointment by the board.

Terrible manager, I’ll go with Wenger if Low is coming.
No excitement at all with Low, can't see the fan base being energised by that.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
For all the **** Wengers gets history dictates the man next up is very likely to fail... Lowe perfect for that role.

Ramsey not really too concerned about. We cant keep handing out monster deals for not quite top level players.

Jardim - gets my vote; think he could be the next Pochettino (with, hopefully, added trophies)

Low - wary of the amount of time he's been away from the club game; and he didn't pull up any trees anyway. Reckon my cat could win the World Cup managing Germany ... and he spends most of his time asleep on the bed

Arteta - probably too soon; how about Vieira, if we're going down the ex-player route?

Henry - see above

Rodgers - Wenger's reign ending like this is bad enough; replacing him with Rodgers would be too much

Ancelotti - would feel a bit stop-gap? Reputation took a bit of a battering towards the end at Bayern. If you want an ex-Chelsea manager with a proven track record then Conte (yes, OK) and Benitez (no thanks) will probably both be available in the summer

Allegri - I'd gladly take him, but would he leave Juve?

Others - Simeone can't speak English and is probably headed to Inter; Dyche has worked wonders at Burnley but probably isn't high profile enough and I'd worry he might be 'Arsenal's Moyes' (Everton should do everything they can to get him)

Gooner Zig

AM's Resident Accountant
Trusted ⭐

Arteta would garner respect internally and externally. Would have supporters on side instantly, and has built a reputation for being an astute football mind, professional and now coach. Inexperience doesn't mean inability. And at this stage, a risk after Wenger is worth it.

There's inexperience and there's no experience which is the category that Arteta falls under.

Arteta is close to over half of the playing squad, that automatically impairs his objectivity. No, I want someone who has zero ties with Arsenal to come in because these players need to be kicked up the arse with the biggest boot imaginable.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Think the fan base will suck up the “champion German” line.

His club record is horrendous.
I can see many people being excited purely because Wenger is gone, but I think many would doubt Low's capabilities. I haven't seen many people in favor of Low, on this forum or anywhere else.

Beyond his questionable ability, I'm not enthused by the idea of Low's sniffing gifs plastered all over whenever we screw up.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Joachim Löw is a done deal and has been so for over 12 months now.

The club spoke to him last season when Wenger was in his final year of his contract and the decision was made to finalise the appointment after this years World Cup. As a result, Wenger signed a new contract to see him through that period until Löw was ready.

The reason behind Wenger signing a 2 year deal was because the board were concerned that if he signed a 1 year deal, we'd be in the same mess we were in last January with speculation mounting, etc. A 2 year deal would hopefully stop the huge speculation and not unsettle the team as it did last season.

If you look at Wengers signings in the last 12 months, they are ominantly players from the Bundesliga that Low will have watched week after week. It explains the Kolasinac situaiton completely, as he wasn't a Wenger signing at all, same goes with Aubameyang. It also explains why Özil chose to hang around and why a lot of the English players like Wilshere aren't completely sold on what to do yet, because Wenger won't be around.

I can go into further detail on this, but I'm willing to bet a big big some of money that Low will be in the dug out next season. I'm not claiming to know anything or have any inside information, it's really just my hunch. But I've felt this was the case for over 12 months now and as things progress and time passes, it seems to make more and more sense.

FreakySami

Joachim Löw is a done deal and has been so for over 12 months now.

The club spoke to him last season when Wenger was in his final year of his contract and the decision was made to finalise the appointment after this years World Cup. As a result, Wenger signed a new contract to see him through that period until Löw was ready.

The reason behind Wenger signing a 2 year deal was because the board were concerned that if he signed a 1 year deal, we'd be in the same mess we were in last January with speculation mounting, etc. A 2 year deal would hopefully stop the huge speculation and not unsettle the team as it did last season.

If you look at Wengers signings in the last 12 months, they are ominantly players from the Bundesliga that Low will have watched week after week. It explains the Kolasinac situaiton completely, as he wasn't a Wenger signing at all, same goes with Aubameyang. It also explains why Özil chose to hang around and why a lot of the English players like Wilshere aren't completely sold on what to do yet, because Wenger won't be around.

I can go into further detail on this, but I'm willing to bet a big big some of money that Low will be in the dug out next season. I'm not claiming to know anything or have any inside information, it's really just my hunch. But I've felt this was the case for over 12 months now and as things progress and time passes, it seems to make more and more sense.

So you're saying nothing

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'd take Sampaoli if it was possible.

We've been flirting with South-Americanish 4-2-2-2 formation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom