• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blaze_of_glory

He’s been one of our better players. Cech, Kos, Mustafi, Xhaka, Lacazette, Kola, etc have all been worse.
Well I disagree. I think he's been pretty much on par with those guys. Might be down to the entire defense going to ****, but he's part of that as much as the rest of them.

His youth is the one upside for me at the moment. I'd rather not sell at this point, but he needs genuine competition.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
We're not getting better than Bellerin, who is there out there? Best we can hope for is that AMN become a good RB. Funny how all these players who were good a year or two ago are now all of sudden not good enough. If it was up to most people on here everyone would be sold bar Özil and maybe Monreal (tho most would agree we need an upgrade). Yet the same people not so long were acting like this squad was capable of winning the league under a better manager.

Well, there are better right backs out there. Whether or not Arsenal could get one, of course, is another matter. Plus, it could also come down to scouting. And potentially a new manager who might have something different in mind. I'm not advocating dumping Bellerin. I'm just saying that if they do so I won't shed any tears as long as they get somebody who is better (or at least a better fit).

Personally, I would not get too emotional if they moved almost anybody on in favor of an upgrade. I would want to keep Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan, Lacazette and, of course, Özil. I'd like to keep Maitland-Niles, Nelson and Nketiah. Everyone else is negotiable for me. And I believe they could do better across the back line and in midfield. So Bellerin is negotiable.

BobP

Memri Fan
We have here probably one of the best RB prospects in world football who feels he's gone as far as can at a club which has stagnated.

This is exactly what I was worried about.

We laughed at Ox leaving last summer but some of us suspected that it was symptomatic of a bigger issue at the club, but we had nothing to go off in that view.

Now we have players saying that the coaches are of no use and that they need to find the answers themselves.

Nothing short of gross negligence.

Preacher

Always Crying
DXU6oJJXkAAgMMl.jpg:large

You look at the stats and see regression comparing to his breakthrough seasons. Maybe new manager would raise his level, maybe not. That he doesn't have any competition in the team, doesn't help. He played the most minutes this season from all the team.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I used to really think he had it in him, but I was wrong. I've seen stuff in his makeup and how he plays that says he's destined for nothing. I think he's all pace and nothing else. Totally clueless. At his best, all he was doing was using his pace. He's a crap footballer. Wouldn't turn a hair if he was sold today for £8.99

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I used to really think he had it in him, but I was wrong. I've seen stuff in his makeup and how he plays that says he's destined for nothing. I think he's all pace and nothing else. Totally clueless. At his best, all he was doing was using his pace. He's a crap footballer. Wouldn't turn a hair if he was sold today for £8.99

I'd hope to get just a little bit more than that. At least £15. You're right that basically pace is his main asset. It's always bailed him out of his own defensive mistakes -- sometimes. But he's still young. Hopefully he can come good, whether at Arsenal or somewhere else.

BobP

Memri Fan
All it takes is one look at Oxlade to see how refreshing a new manager can be for a player.

Also a player who looked like he had a nothing future.

Spot on.

And then you have some posters on here who have the nerve to attack the player for poor performances when the issues obviously lie elsewhere.

Also, on the Ox:

Last edited:

Juan Matas Beard

Pronouns: dat, guy 🫶
Trusted ⭐

Spot on.

And then you have some posters on here who have the nerve to attack the player for poor performances when the issues obviously lie elsewhere.

Also, on the Ox:

Impressive stat, I don't think he's even matched what he's accomplished in some of his full seasons at Arsenal the sort of numbers he's achieved in those last 10 games.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
His haircut has nothing to do with anything, can we all please put that to bed.

LG10

Worth 60-70 M. Don't want us to sell him but if we do we better get top money. Would be the most valuable rb available.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
can we sue he who should not be mentioned for mismanaging the club?

inexcusable for him to sell Bellerin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom