• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Ainsley Maitland-Niles: Yutility

CurryFlavoured

Established Member
He's a talented lad but I don't see a clear route for him as a central midfielder. He's a pacy, skillful dribbler but that isn't going to make him a midfielder. If anything it can be counter intuitive to dribble in midfield when you need to spread the ball quickly. He shows well but his passing range looks limited so far. He has potential but I'm not sure of his path into the Arsenal starting team.

In general, I feel our fans overrate our youth players (I'm sure most fans do), but we definitely underestimate what it takes to make it at a top club. Looking impressive in the youth ranks/on loan in just one stepping stone, we've had **** loads of talented players come through but very very few make it. AMN needs to find one clear role/discipline to base his game around, and he needs to work very hard towards that role to give himself the best chance. I don't think that he'll ever become a high level midfielder jumping between fullback and midfield, midfield is too important and technical a role.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Should focus on being the best left back he can be...mirror his game on Phillip Lahm.

He is completely rubbish in midfield. The poster above put it brilliantly with the Chamberlain comparison.

AMN is more suited as a wing back. He can fight with Kolasniac to make that his position in the future.
He put in a rubbish performance but I don't think he IS rubbish in that position. I think if he applies himself he'll be much better there than he ever will at full back. Full back will limit him greatly and he'll never have the career he could have.

@MutableEarth agreed, i also thought he'd be a better match alongside Xhaka - energetic, mobile, pacy CM who can cover the sluggish Xhaka. AMN is more adventurous and a better in dribble than Elneny, which is why they might be better suited, but probably less stable in defence.

if we go 4-3-3 with a flat 3 of CM's, Xhaka-Ramsey-AMN or Xhaka-Wilshere-AMN will be an interesting enough to consider.

He's the perfect foil for Xhaka IMO when he's on his game - quick interceptions, nimble dribbling in the centre of the park and quick, short forward passes. He's been taking it easy the last few games he's played, and he himself intimated in a number of interviews that he can't rest on his laurels so it's a bit cringe that he's beginning to show signs of doing just that. He hasn't earned the right yet to stroll games like last night. He's got to be putting in work.

It's a shame that he is a horse **** defender who was stupidly over rated in the few games he played there because hey, he's young and came through the academy so must be good.

It's no different to Wilshere having been immune to criticism for most this season, while Xhaka can't seem to do anything right despite being our best performing midfielder.
*Ramsey. Ramsey's been our best performing midfielder this season. I appreciate your backing for Xhaka but he has not been that good. None of our midfielders have. Xhaka's had some shocking performances this season. I still expect him to come good and I rated Xhaka before we signed him, but this narrative that he's been so good is a tad OTT.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I don’t pretend for a minute to understand all the complexities and issues with his mum, there’s two sides to a story and all that. That article makes her sound bonkers though.

Very tricky situation. Even if he gave her a million sure it wouldn’t be the end of it. At the end of the day it’s your mum though FFS

Anyway she tried to chin **** Law so she can’t be all that bad :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
She used to be his agent too. Well its his mom after all you he'll need to help her if she continue creating problem then at that time she'll have no excuses

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
The Sun article says the newspaper has moved her into a hotel “through the kindness of their hearts” and are paying her accommodation, so this one could run.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Hmm not sure what to make of this. I find it hard to believe anyone would let their mom be homeless when they have the means to support her, even if the relationship is broken.

But I guess it’s easy to talk about importance of family when you don’t know what it’s like to have a dysfunctional one.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Why is any of this important? This is private stuff between him and his mother (who based on several stories about her seems like a right ****).

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why is any of this important? This is private stuff between him and his mother (who based on several stories about her seems like a right ****).
hard to concentrate on Football, especially as his forms is also going down.

CJJ

Established Member
Why is he not getting any gametime?

He plays Xhaka's position, and its not like he can do any worse.

SomGooner

Prolific Liker
Hmm not sure what to make of this. I find it hard to believe anyone would let their mom be homeless when they have the means to support her, even if the relationship is broken.

But I guess it’s easy to talk about importance of family when you don’t know what it’s like to have a dysfunctional one.

I've seen people with far more dysfunctional parents take care of them.

There are also countless players in the NBA or the NFL who have had parents struggling with addiction and still managed to take care of them.

Top Bottom