• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
I think he's that stubborn he would sooner the board sack him than admit defeat and walk away. Even in his post match press conference today he was adamant that he is still the right person to take us forward.

Of course he did. Wengers self belief is and has always been monumental. That used to be a good thing....

Gamefaced

I want him soooo sacked! But sadly that won't happen with our impotent board. I don't care about doing it respectfully as he has no respect for fans by continuing to be here. The respect door has sailed and this was beyond a joke like years ago. Awful manager in the present, we play with no purpose or passion. Lack a defensive plan and a attacking plan. We get bullied by every team literally every team! This has to be the worse midfield I've seen as an Arsenal supporter since the early 90's. Chuckle brothers defence with a keeper with hands that open like underground ticket barriers. Wenger is the biggest joke is PL football today. Literally baffled how he has survived this long, this guy is more magician than manager.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
If you read what I wrote you would know I'm not writing from my ass..

Everything you write is trying to shift the blame from Wenger to the board. The only way the board have failed is keeping him in the job. You blame the actual performances on the pitch on the board and try to claim they've dismantled the squad. Absolute nonsense.

FreakySami

Everything you write is trying to shift the blame from Wenger to the board. The only way the board have failed is keeping him in the job. You blame the actual performances on the pitch on the board and try to claim they've dismantled the squad. Absolute nonsense.

Actually the squad had been dismantled mid season and Wenger has a part in this because he accepted it but don't tell me three squad is big enough anymore. Don't lie to yourself

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
The poll makes a lot more sense now.
150 votes for No and Only 15 votes for Yes.

That means for every unwise Gooner on this forum we have ten wise ones :)

It would be absolutely crazy if the 10:90 ratio on the poll ever changes again!

Note: One of those yes votes is from a Manchester United FAN @Juan Matas Beard and One is from a Manchester City FAN @A Lighter Shade of Blue
:rolleyes:
I don't want him to stay really, just being ironic. I don't like the way polls are conducted and abused on this forum by people who shall remain nameless. Therefore, I have decided to sabotage them.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot

Forget about the board. Stan Kroenke is the main man and he decided to extend Arsène Wengers contract last year despite our bad season. The fact that Wenger is still here and making bad decisions is Kroenkes fault entirely.

kofigunner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I really feel sorry for Wenger, but he’s tarnished his reputation by not leaving at the right time. Do I want him fired, my head says yes, but my heart says we’re not going to do anything this season anyway, so, throw him a party at the end of the season and let him go. I recognize that he’s done a lot for this club, but there’s just too much water under the bridge. The British core never really worked, and you can see he’s lost the team's trust. I suspect anyone around the team would privately concede that he’s not going to be able to compete with the top 4 managers tactics wise. The club has to flip the pages to a new chapter at the end of the season.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Is it just me or is anyone else sort of enjoying this new period we've entered in the last couple of weeks? It's all a bit like watching a slow motion car crash; horrific but intensely exciting in a morbid way, y'know.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
The poll makes a lot more sense now.
150 votes for No and Only 15 votes for Yes.

That means for every unwise Gooner on this forum we have ten wise ones :)

It would be absolutely crazy if the 10:90 ratio on the poll ever changes again!

Note: One of those yes votes is from a Manchester United FAN @Juan Matas Beard and One is from a Manchester City FAN @A Lighter Shade of Blue
:rolleyes:

Other 13 are Sp**s fans?

pacstud

Should have walked away after FA Cup last year.

Didn't and is paying for it.

One bullet left, that being the Euros. It will take a miracle but here's hoping that we win the Euros and Wenger resigns the next day.

Seems guaranteed that no CL will equal his departure.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Also at the age of 25 I've never experienced what it feels like to be this close to having the manager leave the club I support. I never broke a bone when I was a kid so I never got to have a cast on my arm or leg, I was always kinda jealous of the kids who did. I was almost tempted to break my arm just to get the cast. Reminds me of this situation; we're finally about to get our cast.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is it just me or is anyone else sort of enjoying this new period we've entered in the last couple of weeks? It's all a bit like watching a slow motion car crash; horrific but intensely exciting in a morbid way, y'know.

Yep I’m like the soldier that hears the shell whistling towards him, knowing he can’t escape the blast radius

I’m at peace

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
I really think those who want Wenger sacked, some want him humiliated and speak about him tarnishing the club have absolutely no clue and aren’t true Arsenal people.

These performances today would mean absolutely nothing im five years. What will matter are two things...

1. We sacked Wenger after 20 years of revolution. A change to the English game thanks to a skinny Frenchman. Total dominance in the country on the football pitch followed by the rebuilding of facilities, and becoming one of the richest clubs in the world today.

2. We will have won 4 trophies, yes Europa is coming too, during these hopeless times. Times when we are fooled into thinking we are going nowhere as a club. That we are adrift of the so called top five.

Yes we are in a bad space, but I believe it’s superficial. We are in the realm of super clubs now, with supreme facilities, massive financial muscle and can attract some of the world’s best out there.

Take a step back from these times. Yes they are difficult and really invoke raw negative emotions. But we are in a different league now, and not much change is needed to tap into our true potential now.

aok

Last season, Wenger was offered a 2 year extension very early on. But he sat on it and he said that "He wants to make sure that the team is progressing and he is the right man to take the team forward before he signs a new contract". And after waiting for months, during the later months showing that the team was not progressing at all, he signes a 2 year extension after all. And then he "admits that his prolonged contract extension saga has affected the team". The whole thing is a joke.

I used to admire Wenger, but he became like one those lunatic dictators that go insane by staying in power for far too long. The reasons behind him wanting to stay longer is not a matter of football logic any more. This is a case for physcologists.

I would love him to declare that he is leaving at the end of the season, and gets the respect from the crowd during the remaining games. But he will certainly not do that. I feel like he could stay for another 5 years if he is given new contracts irrespective of whether he gets to be in title race or not. He can repeat the same excuses and just sit there and watch that underperforming team without giving up hope. This is a guy who intended to give Diaby another contract after 5-7 years of injuries.

As Einstein once said: "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". That is where we are at.

Last edited:

I really think those who want Wenger sacked, some want him humiliated and speak about him tarnishing the club have absolutely no clue and aren’t true Arsenal people.

These performances today would mean absolutely nothing im five years. What will matter are two things...

1. We sacked Wenger after 20 years of revolution. A change to the English game thanks to a skinny Frenchman. Total dominance in the country on the football pitch followed by the rebuilding of facilities, and becoming one of the richest clubs in the world today.

2. We will have won 4 trophies, yes Europa is coming too, during these hopeless times. Times when we are fooled into thinking we are going nowhere as a club. That we are adrift of the so called top five.

Yes we are in a bad space, but I believe it’s superficial. We are in the realm of super clubs now, with supreme facilities, massive financial muscle and can attract some of the world’s best out there.

Take a step back from these times. Yes they are difficult and really invoke raw negative emotions. But we are in a different league now, and not much change is needed to tap into our true potential now.

We need Milan to finish the job now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom