• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Calum Chambers: Here or Where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
It was a gamble that didn't pay off. To play for arsenal unless you have amazing ability to read the game ala Mertesacker, you require pace as well as confidence on the ball.

He unfortunately he doesn't possess any of those. I have more confidence in Holding. He was superb in a back 3 in our FA Cup run and had the better of Costa in the Final.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I've no feelings either way for Chambers but I haven't seen anything from him to suggest he will reach a top level. I'd sell now whilst we have a chance to recoup a decent fee. He'll be the last of the disappointments from Southampton.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
Chambers has some good qualities, solid in the air and defends the box well. He`s not bad on the ball either and can pay some really nice passes through the lines on occasion. He always struggles against pace and on is very slow on the turn though. Still rate him higher than Holding though.

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
Gabriel sensational? :lol: he has been his usual self, I even had the chance to watch him at Mestalla in a game where Valencia murdered Sevilla 4-0 and he looked like ****ting his pants every time he was on the ball.

Ox his usual crappy and inconsistent self too.

No matter what anyone says, you are just going to shoot it down with garbage so it's really not worth it.

I've seen Ox enough this season to know he's looked far better at Liverpool than he ever did for us.

As for Gabriel, I don't watch enough La Liga to argue but he's a regular for a side sitting 4th in the league and I have seen many articles heaping praise on how he's performed so far since his move.

Then again, you got to see him at the Mestalla in a match where they didn't concede a goal, and deemed him **** so I guess that's case closed.

In my eyes, Coquelin, Ox, Gabriel and Szcensy all look like far better players since leaving and they were the first team players that we lost this season.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
No matter what anyone says, you are just going to shoot it down with garbage so it's really not worth it.

I've seen Ox enough this season to know he's looked far better at Liverpool than he ever did for us.

As for Gabriel, I don't watch enough La Liga to argue but he's a regular for a side sitting 4th in the league and I have seen many articles heaping praise on how he's performed so far since his move.

Then again, you got to see him at the Mestalla in a match where they didn't concede a goal, and deemed him **** so I guess that's case closed.

In my eyes, Coquelin, Ox, Gabriel and Szcensy all look like far better players since leaving and they were the first team players that we lost this season.

You don't watch La Liga yet in your eyes they "look" better. Save to say you love garbage players. :lol:

Jae

Neville was a nutter, never forget how he ended Reyes's career. To be a top class center back you need either to be a scary scumbag, or someone with top class physical attributes, or someone extremely intelligent and on point with his reads. Chambers is none of these so I am skeptic he can make it with us no matter how hard he tries.

Fair enough mate, think we'll have to wait and see! I know he's quite highly thought of amongst his teammates (not that it counts for anything), think Wilshere mentioned in one of his interviews that he is/was teacher's pet. Shame the teacher is senile :lol:

Cudareli

Antonio Valencia stan
You don't watch La Liga yet in your eyes they "look" better. Save to say you love garbage players. :lol:

I don't watch Serie A or La Liga, but I've read absolutely nothing to suggest that any of the players mentioned haven't been performing. I have watched heaps of Ox and even more of Chambers at Boro though, so can stand behind that.

Then again, in regards to Gabriel, I don't know if the people praising him were at the Mestalla on that night in October, so hard to give their view any weight.

Basically you've called the players **** since leaving, so are you going to tell me you've been watching them all as well?

scytheavatar

Established Member
Lots of Valencia fans are furious at Gabriel and want him shipped back to us in a garbage bag ASAP.... he played well in his first few weeks there but since then he's the exact same at Valencia as he has been for us. Half of the time he's freaking Cygan and an absolute clown in defense.

Reactions: BBF

CJJ

Established Member
Chambers is only in this team because of his passport. He's bang average nor does he have any sign of great potential.

Same goes for Holding.

We should aim for better.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Chambers is only in this team because of his passport. He's bang average nor does he have any sign of great potential.

Same goes for Holding.

We should aim for better.

Its like a banter manager collecting banter players for a banter era.

Zaza

I remember saying how dumb it would be to sell Gabriel and keep this guy but I got laughed at. Rejecting 20m for him and selling Gabriel for 10m is one of the worse decisions ever.
Still think he is a better option than Holding.

pikey2000

As a squaddie fine, as a starter no good.

If he is happy to ride the bench and fill in when a starter needs a rest/injured then I'd keep him

We are not a team that will ever have 4 world class CB's, best we can hope for is 2 WC and 2 steady standby's and with that in mind little point taking up a non homegrown slot for a squad player

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Didn't see him in the first half, but he was at least going forward with intent whenever the ball came down his flank in the second one, which wasn't all that often.
I'd rather see him play there at this stage of the season, because Bellerin is way too vanilla and won't commit to neither defensive or offensive play. He's entirely sanitized these days.

Last edited:

Jae

Didn't see him in the first half, but he was at least going forward with intent whenever the ball came down his flank in the second one, which wasn't all that often.
I'd rather see him play there at this stage of the season, because Bellerin is way too vanilla and won't commit to neither defensive or offensive play. He's entirely sanitized these days.

I actually thought that he was our best defender today to be fair. Didn't make any major mistakes like the others, and he looked decent enough considering he got no help at all from Mustafi, who I thought was poor today.

progman07

Established Member
I'd like to see him and Holding under a new manager before judging him, because defending is not an individual job and it's hard to shine if the team is disjointed.

pacstud

Showed his best today and it was sorely lacking.

Our best defender? He was bad in the first half, but at least Brighton left that side alone.

In the second they noticed, attacked, and completely exposed him.

Should not start or really play in first team games.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Another player that was signed with no real plan in place. Should leave in the summer to get his career back on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom