• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I have many “unpopular” beliefs. So here we go!

• I believe that Chambers, Mustafi and Holding can become a formidable CB trio for Arsenal if they are given the proper coaching.

• IMO Xhaka is a very good player but has gone back after coming here and the same applies for Lacazette.

• I have faith in Ospina as a first choice GK.

• I am willing to give Welbeck one final chance to prove himself under a new coach.

• I think Iwobi is useless and must be sold asap.

• I think Özil can be very inconsistent and can disappear in games.

• I believe that Wilshere is at times overrated by Arsenal fans.

• I am open to selling Hector if he continues his poor performances or if we can get an upgrade.

• I also think that Kolasinac and Mkhitaryan are quality players and will come good under a better structure where the players are given a proper well-defined role.

Finally, possibly the most unpopular opinion, I don’t want Wenger to remain our coach after this season. He has to either leave (which will not happen) or be shown the door. Come what may Arsène must not remain Arsenal manager after May!

Rain Dance

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I believe Per Mertesacker is a better defender than Koscielny
I believe Santi Cazorla behind Giroud - Walcott tandem in 2012-2013 was better than Özil behind Sanchez last season

Longy

I believe Ramsey has been most over rated Arsenal player in my 40 years watching
I believe We have a pretty special team on paper
I believe Bould was a crook player and now a crook coach

FreakySami

I think the board and gazidis set the transfers and backroom staff up to get wenger sacked, they had no intention to make it easier on him or the team. They created an environment that is so unstable, it was inevitable that this crap happens

Jae

• Chambers has massive potential, just needs to be coached by someone who knows what he's doing - I would rather see him play the rest of the season ahead of Mustafi (who is awful)
  • Kolasinac is underrated and gets an unfair amount of stick
  • Bellerin is overrated and if we get a decent price for him during the summer he should be sold
  • Ramsey - see Bellerin. What I'd describe as a highlight reel player.
  • Xhaka - I have been one of his biggest critics this year but I believe he may turn it around under a different manager.
  • Wilshere - Probably the only player on our team who gives a sh*t at the minute. Give the lad what he deserves.
  • Welbeck - sh*te (not an unpopular opinion to be fair).
  • Iwobi - underrated, could come good with some proper instruction under a different manager. Definitely better than Welbeck.
  • Özil - Overrated - shouldn't have paid him all that money in hindsight - should have allowed him to walk away and we could have got someone else in like Fekir for half the price. There are loads of players who maybe aren't as talented in his role but have much more to their game (and cheaper). Now everyone else on our team will want to be paid the same as him.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I believe Ramsey has been most over rated Arsenal player in my 40 years watching
I believe We have a pretty special team on paper
I believe Bould was a crook player and now a crook coach

I agree.
He lacks the fundamentals to be a very good midfielder but yay he makes run!!!

Our british core is a failure and we should move on from Ramsey & Wilshere. We can't rely on such 2 injury prone & inconsistent players for our midfield.

Ospina should start ahead of Cech.

Chambers isn't Arsenal's level.

Koscielny shouldn't be our captain.

Özil although he's a great talent he simply doesn't deliver enough and I'm not really happy with his wage. he's too much comfortable at Arsenal.

Per Arteta & Cazorla were our true core and IMO were our most important players back then. Not the best individual talent even though Cazorla is fantastic but they also were leaders. They had pride. They were smart. They didn't need great coaching to perform.
We were a better side with those guys, playing alongside the like of Jenkinson Podolski Gibbs and Giroud and we've almost beaten the best Bayern team in years.

I'm tired of these excuses about Ramsey Xhaka Lacazette and the others about how bad Arsène coaching is.
They don't need a Pep Guardiola to master the basics.
Even Brighton with a limited coach and players looked like a much better team than we did.

I'm at a point where I'm starting to hate 90% of this squad.
Ofc Wenger is doing a bad job ATM.
But there's no excuses for the **** show we're witnessing game after game.
Almost no players in this squad have the professionalism, the pride, the desire of a great football player. They're just passengers.
Maybe it's our fault for not developping them into these type of players.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

I think the board and gazidis set the transfers and backroom staff up to get wenger sacked, they had no intention to make it easier on him or the team. They created an environment that is so unstable, it was inevitable that this crap happens
That's some leap. If they wanted him gone then surely they would have influenced the decision to renew his contract rather than sabotage him.

We want Wenger to fail and give him the resources to break our record spend on a player and smash our wage structure to keep Özil. I don't see it.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
None of the youngsters currently being hyped up here will make it. They've been Wengered already.

Bellerin is actually ****.

El Neny could be a good holding midfield player in the right set up.

Giroud is ugly.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
None of the youngsters currently being hyped up here will make it. They've been Wengered already.

Bellerin is actually ****.

El Neny could be a good holding midfield player in the right set up.

Giroud is ugly.

Giroud ugly? Sure just burn down Highbury why don't you, maybe kick Bob Wilson in the balls while you're at. Are you happy now? Are you happy that you've kicked Bob Wilson in the balls?

Latest posts+

Top Bottom