• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

ptrcopp

I don’t think we should have bought Auba...
I think have Giroud and Walcott provided us with better depth and options.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Wenger would be very successful at a club like PSG, Madrid or Barcelona.
So would most PL managers.

But in a similar vein, my unpopular opinion is that he’s staying no matter what (though probably only one more year). We’re back in EL already and may pip it anyways.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Unpopular opinion thread... people agreeing... weird
I've never seen an 'unpopular opinion' thread that works properly :lol: The opinion has to be really quite unpopular! You've got to think you'd be in the small minority that hold that opinion. That's what makes the opinions interesting or thought-provoking. For example saying 'I think Ramsey is cats piss' doesn't really work.

The Goon

The 'Invincibles' achievement is hugely overrated, the teams that have acquired better points totals have been, for the most part, better teams than the Invincibles were.

When Wenger finally decides to leave (or is sacked), we will be similar to now for the first couple of years in terms of ability and league placing. That is NOT saying that Wenger should stay, but we aren't getting better as quickly as we'd like.

This is a small forum with few members compared to other forums from other major clubs, and getting someone on here that has actually gone to an Arsenal game (let alone holds a season ticket) is a massive rarity. I've actually gone to games, although admittedly not for a very, very long time. Foreign fans are awesome, but this forum has a weird dynamic.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

This is a small forum with few members compared to other forums from other major clubs, and getting someone on here that has actually gone to an Arsenal game (let alone holds a season ticket) is a massive rarity. I've actually gone to games, although admittedly not for a very, very long time. Foreign fans are awesome, but this forum has a weird dynamic.

Ooooh you're hard

Jae

The 'Invincibles' achievement is hugely overrated, the teams that have acquired better points totals have been, for the most part, better teams than the Invincibles were.

No team will ever manage that ever again, so I wouldn't say it's overrated. That team was probably one of the best to ever play in the prem, if we had that team now we'd easily be challenging City.

I've seen many many teams play over the years with my own eyes, personally, the only ones I have seen that rival that Invincibles team are Barcelona and United's treble winning side.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity

The Invincible points tally could and probably would have been higher if they hadn't been looking to protect their unbeaten run towards the end of the season, There were games like Portsmouth away after the title had been won where the only focus was staying unbeaten. There were a few draws like that. The points tally could have easily been mid nineties.

As for the last paragraph, people like myself would like to go but don't actually live in London and can't afford to go. Going to 1 home game would cost me in excess of 100 quid. It doesn't really matter where fans are from, I wouldn't pull at this thread, tbh.

Reactions: Jae

say yes

forum master baiter
Fervently supporting Arsenal (or any football team) is idiotic. We're all just exploited cash-cows for our parasitic foreign owner.

progman07

Established Member
Wenger should have left around 2011 (although I pretty much remember that quite many people used to be Wenger Out even then).

We destroyed a very talented group just because we failed to teach them how to defend as a team, and react to bad periods. We had Cesc, van Persie, Nasri, Rosicky, Wilshere, Arshavin, Theo - this was a team that could beat Guardiola's Barcelona with Xavi - Iniesta - Messi...

IF we had a new manager in who would iron out their mental fragility (every Wenger team has been susceptible), and build a better defense, while not doing stupid tactical things like putting Eboue out on the wing, we could have remained a title challenging team for much longer, even with less money than Chelsea-City.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom