• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Bernd Leno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Unlikely.. City got ederson for 35 million. I doubt Allison will go for more. I am worried that Chelsea or pool will get them. He will be extremely useful for them
Alisson is more proven and has more hype around him. Liverpool, PSG, and Real Madrid have loads of money and Roma know it. I'd be very surprised if he went for less than 40 mil.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Obviously this is not thorough analysis but just from the clips of him I've seen i'm not sure, he strikes me as one of those goalies who's great at making the flashy diving saves for the youtube reels but lacks some of the basics. He punches the ball back into danger when he could catch it, that sort of thing.

I still think the extra money needed to buy Alisson would be worth every penny, but fully understand that we're probably not gonna (or can't) pay it.

Newchange

I don't think Arséne is spending the money anymore, it's Sven, Raul and Ivan in charge now. I predict we'll see more evidence of that this summer.

100% agree. Wengers days of penny pinching are over and now his days of spending big money on average players ( Mustafi,Xhaka) are also over. I feel the only influence he has now is which positions he feels we need strengthening which is also a worry because he clearly cant see we need defensive reinforcements.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
100% agree. Wengers days of penny pinching are over and now his days of spending big money on average players ( Mustafi,Xhaka) are also over. I feel the only influence he has now is which positions he feels we need strengthening which is also a worry because he clearly cant see we need defensive reinforcements.

We tried for Evans, it’s known within the club what is needed. Think people don’t realise money is tighter than a season ago even because of CL loss

benjamin86

Established Member
Watching him now and he has just made an error to concede, apparently he's very error prone according to the commentator...

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
wondering if he's any better than Emiliano Martinez tbh.

I think he is VERY similar to Sceznsey when we had him. Will pull off great saves but will also have huge mistakes in him.

And the problem being is will he ever grow out of them mistakes. Honestly from what I've seen which isnt much lol, I'd prefer we look somewhere else because I dont think he would be a huge upgrade on what we have or have had.

We need to find that constant reliable GK who will serve us for 5-10 years.

Enough of these Scez, Almunia, Fabianski, Ospina types who all have the same problems.

Since when has finding a decent keeper been this difficult lol.

benjamin86

Established Member
I think he is VERY similar to Sceznsey when we had him. Will pull off great saves but will also have huge mistakes in him.

And the problem being is will he ever grow out of them mistakes. Honestly from what I've seen which isnt much lol, I'd prefer we look somewhere else because I dont think he would be a huge upgrade on what we have or have had.

We need to find that constant reliable GK who will serve us for 5-10 years.

Enough of these Scez, Almunia, Fabianski, Ospina types who all have the same problems.

Since when has finding a decent keeper been this difficult lol.
Lafont seems like the obvious one (not seen him just read a lot about him)

http://outsideoftheboot.com/2017/02/27/scout-report-alban-lafont-france/

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
https://www.transfermarkt.de/-bdquo...usel-noch-wenige-tage-gultig/view/news/306312

Leno has informed Bayer Leverkusen he wants to leave. Contract is running until 2020, but he apparently has a release clause of 20m €, which can reportedly be triggered until 30th of April. According to the article, Atletico Madrid, SSC Napoli and Arsenal are interested, but as of yet there's nothing substantial. Hradecky, who is on a free, seems to already have agrred terms with Leverkusen.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Looks like it will be Atletico and not Napoli or Arsenal.

He would never go there to be the #2 behind Oblak.
Really interesting, where Oblak will go. We will not pay so much money for a keeper.

Chelsea and Courtois to Real?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Looks like it will be Atletico and not Napoli or Arsenal.

He would never go there to be the #2 behind Oblak.
Really interesting, where Oblak will go. We will not pay so much money for a keeper.

Chelsea and Courtois to Real?
Lots of talk about PSG. Or maybe even to United as a replacement for De Gea if he ends up at Real.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Could see
De Gea -> Real
Oblak -> Man Utd
Leno -> Atletico
Hradecky -> Leverkusen

I'd be bugged about missing out on Oblak, but tbh he's financially out of our reach. I wouldn't be bugged about Leno, though. Someone likened him to the young Szczesny and it's quite fitting: Capable of brilliant saves, mostly a decent shotstopper, but too lacking in his overall game, e.g. distribution, control of the box, dominance in the air and sweeping.

Another young GK who I've come to rate is Julian pollersbeck from Hamburg. Was lauded in the 2. Bundesliga, transferred to Hamburg as their coming No. 1 but looked an arrogant muppet when played. Showed some horrendours displays, looked a typical HSV flop. His ex GK coach came out and said he knew he wouldn't cut it for lack of mentality, seriousness and grit. Since Hamburg's last manager change though, he's between the posts again and has shown massive improvement. Very close in style and capability to a younger ter Stegen. Great shotstopper, great reaction, good distribution and plays a daunting sweeper game, sometimes as high as the halfway line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom