• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

General Reserves Talk

• Thread starter M+D
  • Start date
  • Replies 11,736
  • Views 1,149,920

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

U18s win after a blip against Sp**s U18s last week. Coyle (with 2 goals in this match) back in form it looks like, definitely another welcome boost at this level. Interestingly, Jeorge Bird had this to say on Coyle:

Amaechi is probably more of a need for the U23s given his profile as a tricky winger with some speed but a player of Trae Coyle's technical quality would still be a welcome addition to the lineup and he's arguably a bigger talent, despite the goalscoring exploits of Amaechi this season. Awaiting the highlights of this game as apparently Coyle's 2nd goal was spectacular.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐

This is actually a pretty cool video. Interestingly, he names Özil as a player he'd like to emulate.
Yeah, Jeorge Bird actually talked up his creativity when I asked about him. Said he's got a very decent pass on him. Bird's one of the few that gets invites to the U18 games so he's seen more of Amaechi than most. He also reckons Trae Coyle's more ready for U23 action though, but I think that's because he believes Coyle to be the next best talent after Nelson.

Amaechi's had quite the season so far though, to have become an U23 regular in the last couple of months is some rise. He is very quick, possibly the quickest U23 player, but his dribbling is very effective, and he's got a really good shot on him with both feet. Like Nelson, I reckon if he focuses more on final third play, he'd be a prized asset, and a danger to anyone he faces. He mentioned Özil and Bale, but I think a player he should be looking at in terms of what he can learn is Leroy Sane, as he has a similar profile of being very dribbly and technical as well as athletic.

I am surprised that there have been no comps of his goals, as he's scored some impressive finishes this season. Think next season he'll have another steep rise and probably appear for the first team in a cameo.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal are playing in the Youth Cup quarter final tonight v Colchester.

Should be a pretty strong team - John-Jules, Amaechi, Smith-Rowe and Coyle will likely all start. Defence picks itself with Thompson and Daley-Campbell at full back with Medley and Ballard at CB. Deep midfield is where there could be interesting picks, with Benson, Burton, Olayinka and Smith all to pick from there. Or could stick Smith-Rowe back there with Saka starting instead.

Sadly, doesn't look like there will be a stream, but it's typical of our youth coverage that there won't be one.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I forgot John-Jules was sent off in the U23s so he'll miss the game. Not in the squad. Lineup is in, I'll try and see if there's a stream.

Virginia
Daley-Campbell Ballard Medley Thompson
Burton Smith-Rowe
Amaechi Coyle Saka
Balogun
Pretty close to what I predicted towards the end of my last post with Saka playing wide. Balogun comes in for John-Jules - which honestly isn't a downgrade as Balogun is our top scorer at U18 level this season and has been surprisingly effective upfront in John-Jules absences. This is a very dynamic attack IMO, lots of pace, technique and trickery. Hopefully they click tonight.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Sadly, doesn't look like there will be a stream, but it's typical of our youth coverage that there won't be one.

Does that look like it will change in the near future? I remember not having much trouble watching the youth teams a few years a go, back when Wilshere was breaking through.. Find it weird that it's harder to watch them now than back then.

Wengysaurus

Coasted it in the end. So impressed with Smith Rowe glided past players in the midfield with ease. Outstanding free kick in the top corner aswell. Left winger Saka looked very useful aswell. Was nice change from watching the inept performances from the senior team

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Coasted it in the end. So impressed with Smith Rowe glided past players in the midfield with ease. Outstanding free kick in the top corner aswell. Left winger Saka looked very useful aswell. Was nice change from watching the inept performances from the senior team
This is a real strong intake this year, they might actually push the titans of English youth football that are Chelsea. We're the only side capable of getting near them at this rate. Saka still a schoolboy too, starting his scholarship this summer.

A midfield and attack with Amaechi, Balogun, Coyle, John-Jules, Saka, Smith-Rowe, and even the back-ups like Olayinka, Benson, Smith. Should be enough to trouble anybody.

This kid has got incredible technique. High ceiling with this one. Still just 17 and growing into a monster talent with each game. Might have found his place as a central player. 6'1, superb athlete and a real technician with the ball.

Wengysaurus

This is a real strong intake this year, they might actually push the titans of English youth football that are Chelsea. We're the only side capable of getting near them at this rate. Saka still a schoolboy too, starting his scholarship this summer.

A midfield and attack with Amaechi, Balogun, Coyle, John-Jules, Saka, Smith-Rowe, and even the back-ups like Olayinka, Benson, Smith. Should be enough to trouble anybody.

This kid has got incredible technique. High ceiling with this one. Still just 17 and growing into a monster talent with each game. Might have found his place as a central player. 6'1, superb athlete and a real technician with the ball.
Yeah I was impressed with the level of performance from the team, all comfortable in posession. Amaechi didn't have the best of games tonight even though he scored, could definitley see his talent though at times playing on the right and cutting in on his left foot. Hopefully we can get to the final this year

Top Bottom