• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

✍️ OFFICIAL Hector Bellerin (Loan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’d be cautious with Dembele. If Barcelona can’t get him fit what hope do we have?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I’d be cautious with Dembele. If Barcelona can’t get him fit what hope do we have?

Well, he'd never had too many problems until he ruptured that thigh muscle in September. He should be fine in time. He's only 20. I'd be more concerned about his alleged fondness for fast food, but that can be fixed as well. He's the sort of talent you take a chance on if the right opportunity presents itself.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
It's only the Express -- and they got it from Don Balon, which is even worse -- but the outlandish claim here is that Barcelona will propose a swap deal, Dembele for Bellerin. If only... :lol:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...Bellerin-Deal-Transfer-La-Liga-Premier-League

Why are people so keen to get rid of him. He has been one of our better performers. Young, home grown, marketable, on a long term contract and durable. Not to mention that all he needs is coaching to take him to the next level. Easily has the potential to be the best right back in the world.

He used to be a winger for God's sake. The only reason he isn't taking players on is because he is being instructed not to.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Why are people so keen to get rid of him. He has been one of our better performers. Young, home grown, marketable, on a long term contract and durable. Not to mention that all he needs is coaching to take him to the next level. Easily has the potential to be the best right back in the world.

He used to be a winger for God's sake. The only reason he isn't taking players on is because he is being instructed not to.
exactly. he has stamina, pace and adequate crossing ability

our team is worse without him. Havent seen us winning without him on the pitch.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric

I doubt he is being told not to take on players. In my opinion he doesn`t do it because he doesn`t have the skills to do it. He can be effective on the overlap (even though he usually makes a mess of the cross) or played in behind but he is quite helpless when trying to beat a player one on one.

Hinderz

I wouldn't want to sell Bellerin, if Dembele came the other way most fans would row him to Barca if required.

Last edited:

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist

Bellerin has a lot of good qualities. Defending is not among them. Potential? Sure. But in a back line full of players who make costly mistakes, he's the most mistake prone. Sometimes his pace allows him to overcome them, but often he puts the entire defense in jeopardy. Hector was at fault for all three goals against City. He made two mistakes on David Silva's goal alone. First he was out of position and Mustafi had to cover Sane while Bellerin went to Mustafi's position. Then when Aguero got the ball at the top of the box, three Arsenal defenders converged on him. Unfortunately, one was Bellerin, who stepped too far forward toward Aguero when he should have stayed back, allowing Silva to get through for an easy goal.

As I said earlier, I'm not advocating dumping him because he does have potential. But if he wants to go and Barcelona is willing to pay a lot of money for him or swap someone such as Dembele, there won't be any tears shed from me.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
I doubt he is being told not to take on players. In my opinion he doesn`t do it because he doesn`t have the skills to do it. He can be effective on the overlap (even though he usually makes a mess of the cross) or played in behind but he is quite helpless when trying to beat a player one on one.

Apparently, he refuses to do what Steve Bould tells him, at least according to Lee Dixon's comments:

I said to Bouldie, ‘You’ve got to sort Bellerin out he’s doing my head in! Why is he making runs ahead of the forwards when there’s no ball on?’

“Bouldie said ‘I’ve told him’. So I said ‘f****** tell him again!”

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Nothing worse than a full back with an ego.

**** position for failed wingers or undersized cbs with low football iq.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom