• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Unpopular Opinion Thread

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I get the idea of this thread, and I'm enjoying it. But it's really really shown me who hasn't got a clue about football. :lol::lol:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
If Joel Campbell was English, most of the people who rate him wouldn't

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
This has just turned into "I want to be edgy for the sake of it" thread.
So much guesswork without proper reason.

Ironically i guess that is an unpopular opinion?!

Edgiest post yet.

giphy.gif

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If Joel Campbell was English, most of the people who rate him wouldn't
That's not an unpopular opinion. That's just an opinion that's the complete opposite of the truth. Because we as English people know full well that if Joel Campbell was English, he'd be one of the first names down on the team sheet.

Reactions: Jae

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
That's not an unpopular opinion. That's just an opinion that's the complete opposite of the truth. Because we as English people know full well that if Joel Campbell was English, he'd be one of the first names down on the team sheet.
How THE HELL this player gets so disrespected by ignorant and forgetful posters (and wenger), plus gets placed BEHIND(!!) ox & ramsey is absolutely mind blowing. 'Higher ceiling', 'better engine' - utter crap. If Campbell was given a solid run, especially on the wing (like vs olympiacos) with alexis on the other, we would see many more skillful assists & goals PLUS nice interplay with Mesut. Gold. But no, this is arsenal - many posters here prefer the one dimensional, selfish, bull-headed, british if possible, and damn the results.
Amazing that Walcott and Ox are still seen as better options than Joel Campbell.

Oh yeah...they're English and have a "higher ceiling" --> whatever the **** that means!

By the way, Joel has no "off the pitch" issues as some here are claiming. He's just not one of Wenger's darling English lads.
Campbell has worked so hard to make it here played in 4 different countries worked his Arse off to get a work permit never given us a bad game when asked to play all so Wenger could turn around and ship him out so poverty players like Walcott and Chamberlain could stay here.

Fu(k that..

This English core too :lol:

Walcott = Rubbish
Wilshere = Rubbish
Gibbs = Rubbish
Chamberlian = Rubbish

none of them a match for the foreign player who now occupies their position

Wilshere ahead of either Coquelin or Elneny right now is laughable same goes for Gibbs vs Monreal or Walcott/Chambo vs Campbell

I'd be extremely pissed off if Campbell is sold in the summer..
Still think Wenger will probably shift Campbell before any other wingers this summer unfortunately. Would be completely different if Campbell was part of this 'British Core'.
Just a few such posts. People romanticise Campbell's time at Arsenal in a way they never would for Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain, their aversion to the "British Core" leads to this sentiment.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just a few such posts. People romanticise Campbell's time at Arsenal in a way they never would for Walcott or Oxlade-Chamberlain, their aversion to the "British Core" leads to this sentiment.
He showed far less patience with Campbell for whatever reason. I accept that there has been a bit of an anti-'English core' thing, but on that occasion I feel the anti-English mob had a point :D No, seriously, I think they did.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Unpopular opinion: If Joel Campbell was English, he'd be going to Russia (no, not to play for FC Rostov ffs)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
He showed far less patience with Campbell for whatever reason. I accept that there has been a bit of an anti-'English core' thing, but on that occasion I feel the anti-English mob had a point :D No, seriously, I think they did.
Willing to ignore some reverse xenophobia for your boy Joel, that's true love.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom