• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Life after Wenger | Ornstein: Arsenal set to appoint Unai Emery

Do you think Emery will get the club back on an upwards trajectory?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Allegri just made two subs and changed the face of the game. Before 75 minutes.

Regardless what the result will be at full time, it's a shame that we don't have the budget for him.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Anyway, coming round to the idea of Low. Would certainly willing to give him a shot.

Last edited:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Right, i'm sold:

"His philosophy was simply about doing the simple things well – "We need to make the simple into the very special: the passing game, the timing, the pressing and trapping, the game without the ball, how we deal with one-on-one situations, how we quickly find solutions in small spaces.” This was also the cornerstone behind Germany gradually shifting from 4-4-2 to a fluid 4-2-3-1 which would morph into a 4-4-1-1 when under attack."

“[Klinsmann and Löw’s] rebranding of the Nationalmannschaft after 2004 was a conscious attempt to deep-clean the team’s image after a mass of awful connotations had coalesced like grease under the toilet seat …"

He knows tactics and he knows how to clean the grease off the Arsenal toilet.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The effects of dementia at it's worst is as bad as cancer, probably worse and I've seen both at their worst. Think about what you're saying. It's beyond disgusting and I'd like to ask for a ban for anyone who brings it up.
Sickening stuff. The mods are absolute ****s too for continuously allowing such abuse towards Wenger.

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Sickening stuff. The mods are absolute ****s too for continuously allowing such abuse towards Wenger.
Definitely need to come down harder on this sort of thing. I like the way the forum is run generally, despite what I might say now and again, and the open feel of it is definitely an upgrade on the old days of the lobby. But, at the moment, due to several individuals, it's in danger of becoming twitter like and **** knows, we don't want that. Fairly sure warnings have been given out but saying Wenger has dementia and comparing him to Mugabe etc is automatic bans. Warnings clearly aren't sufficient as said individuals clearly stand by what they say.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
While I agree that some of the abuse hurled towards Wenger is disgraceful, people like you need to stop acting like Wenger is some kind of deity.

People have the free speech right to use whatever language they like to criticise Wenger. Wanting users to be banned and posts to be censored would be a joke. This ain’t blasphemy and people need to learn to ignore words.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
While I agree that some of the abuse hurled towards Wenger is disgraceful, people like you need to stop acting like Wenger is some kind of deity.

People have the free speech right to use whatever language they like to criticise Wenger. Wanting users to be banned and posts to be censored would be a joke. This ain’t blasphemy and people need to learn to ignore words.

If the Arsenal manager were black and doing badly, would it be ok to abuse him based on his ethnicity? I'd imagine people would rightly be outraged and call for that person to be banned. Why is it different to abuse Wenger based on his age?

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
People make too much of Löw's quirks.

Probably some sort of stress release.

Some people chain smoke, smoke bite their nails, and some pick their nose.
I agree - we had to put up with a load of nonsense about Mkhi's 'fatness' and now we are getting more schoolboy toilet humour about Loew

I don't know what the average age of posters is on here, but about a quarter of Wenger's, at a guess

Brown Gooner

If the Arsenal manager were black and doing badly, would it be ok to abuse him based on his ethnicity? I'd imagine people would rightly be outraged and call for that person to be banned. Why is it different to abuse Wenger based on his age?
IMO words never harmed anyone. It just exposes people for the ¢unts they are. All sorts of drivel about men like myself having small dicks and sh!t is written on the internet as gospel, can I do anything about it? No. I just smh (sometimes even laugh) and move on. I have been called a sand n!gger in Alabama by a middle aged White man (despite me not being a Muslim or from the Middle East) and rejected for a date on my face because the said lady (who was the same race as myself!) just wasn’t attracted to men her race. Did I cry or moan about it? No. You move on and grow a thicker skin.

I agree people who talk smack are dirtbags and they should be ignored. However I don’t condone censorship in any way and censoring should only be used a last resort method.

If someone racially abuses users here, puts down users because of their gender, gives death threats or threatens violence then sure ban them but Wenger is a public figure and as such, whether we like it or not, prone to be subjected to all sorts of criticisms.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
IMO words never harmed anyone. It just exposes people for the ¢unts they are. All sorts of drivel about men like myself having small dicks and sh!t is written on the internet as gospel, can I do anything about it? No. I just smh (sometimes even laugh) and move on. I have been called a sand n!gger in Alabama by a middle aged White man (despite me not being a Muslim or from the Middle East) and rejected for a date on my face because the said lady (who was the same race as myself!) just wasn’t attracted to men her race. Did I cry or moan about it? No. You move on and grow a thicker skin.

I agree people who talk smack are dirtbags and they should be ignored. However I don’t condone censorship in any way and censoring should only be used a last resort method.

If someone racially abuses users here, puts down users because of their gender, gives death threats or threatens violence then sure ban them but Wenger is a public figure and as such, whether we like it or not, prone to be subjected to all sorts of criticisms.

You're right in the sense that often the best way to defeat someone is to simply give them a platform and let them defeat themselves. But I disagree that words never harmed anyone. Words are very powerful and can do an awful lot of damage.

Far be it for me to say what sort of forum this should be, but I'd hope it was a civilised one. If a poster is brazenly saying Wenger is senile and has dementia, that's not only an obviously crass and horrible thing to say, but it may deeply offend other posters. It is polluting the atmosphere. It's not unreasonable to say they should be given a warning and if they continue then yes, they should be banned.

People have a right to say what they want but they should live with the consequences of that. People also have the right to come here and not be deeply offended when all they want to do is discuss football.

Brown Gooner

People have a right to say what they want but they should live with the consequences of that. People also have the right to come here and not be deeply offended when all they want to do is discuss football.
^ Fair enough.

So.... calling Wenger senile is ban worthy while calling Alexis a dog ****er is perfectly acceptable? This forum is toxic.
^ This. Implying bestiality is apparently less egregious than calling an old man senile :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom