• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Arsène Wenger: Same Old Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Out of politeness maybe. You made a thinly veiled insult, I'd like to at least understand what you meant.
It's obvious by now that what you understand from a statement is completely different from what I would take from it.

So, why bother?

Take in any way that suits, it's entirely up to you.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
got a feeling PSG will come for him in the summer,
Why? They're a team that can't win the CL. What possible benefit would there be turning to a manager years past his sell by date who couldn't win the CL in his prime with one of the best squads in modern history?

Batman

Other than the Cup Winners Cup win in 94.

You don't count a trophy? I would argue back in the day it was well worth winning.
Of course it counts but it's a 2nd tier European trophy. It doesn't measure up to the CL or its predecessor. It's like a Europa League level trophy.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
The Wenger to PSG links came from the French equivalent of The Sun. The local Parisian press has Conte, Pochettino, Allegri and Luis Enrique on their shortlist.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
It's obvious by now that what you understand from a statement is completely different from what I would take from it.

So, why bother?

Take in any way that suits, it's entirely up to you.

Never mind your dig at me, you've posted stuff recently calling Wenger a dictator and senile. If I were you I'd be prepared to back up my statements if I said stuff like that, instead of effectively saying "take what you will from it, it's not my problem".

Batman

I also happen to think that clowns like Graeme Souness saying that he would keep 3/4 players from our current squad is way wide of the mark. Thats the same guy who set Liverpool back years and made a hash of things everywhere else.

I'm convinced that Allegri and either of his current goalkeepers alone would improve us hugely. Add to that a new contract and the armband for Ramsey and we are back

We can all have our opinions on who should stay or go but our first 11 are nearly all top end players (bar Mustafi) with some quality in the back ups. Kolasinac for example made the Bundesliga team of the year before he arrived, he is not bad.
Without even questioning Ramsey's leadership(which he's never displayed) or the consistency of his play, do we really want a captain who misses as much time each season as he does? Haven't we had enough of that. I mean people remember that Mertesacker has been captain all this time right? I know we're really short of suitable candidates but surely the armband should be given to someone who has clearly demonstrated themselves to be a leader of men as well as someone who can be relied upon to stay on the pitch both through remaining healthy and through consistent play always justifying their place in the team.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Never mind your dig at me, you've posted stuff recently calling Wenger a dictator and senile. If I were you I'd be prepared to back up my statements if I said stuff like that, instead of effectively saying "take what you will from it, it's not my problem".

Mate, don't bother....you are wasting your energy with one of the most toxic posters on this board. That someone can be so vitriolic and spiteful on a football board is hard to even wrap my head around. Perspective is not everyone's cup of tea.

Jae

Arsenal Football Club has never EVER been irrelevant in England, or even an 'irrelevant speck on the football landscape'. When Arsenal Wenger arrived here, we had more titles than Man Utd ffs. I think it's you who needs to look at a bit of our history lad.

Agreed, this may have changed within the past few years, but if you added up the points tally from every season since the football league started we were at the top (or at least we used to be).

Enfield

Established Member
Without even questioning Ramsey's leadership(which he's never displayed) or the consistency of his play, do we really want a captain who misses as much time each season as he does? Haven't we had enough of that. I mean people remember that Mertesacker has been captain all this time right? I know we're really short of suitable candidates but surely the armband should be given to someone who has clearly demonstrated themselves to be a leader of men as well as someone who can be relied upon to stay on the pitch both through remaining healthy and through consistent play always justifying their place in the team.
I reckon he would make a fine captain. Top end player, will always be on our starting 11 and IMO he has shown loads of character from rebuilding his leg and then career to scoring a lot of important goals in cup finals etc.

Either way I'm emotionally invested in Juve doing the business tonight.

Enfield

Established Member
Well Arsenal will be playing at the San Siro tomorrow against one of the worlds iconic clubs in AC Milan. So the fact that Tottnham are playing Juventus is not bothering me that much.

^ This though makes me angry and sad. The fact that Tottenham can actually beat a top level European club when we are looking at (possibly) getting humbled by Milan tomorrow, tells its own sorry tale.
Playing the current AC Milan brings me no joy at all, mainly because I don't think we will front up and show them what we can do.

And now the spuds have scored. O how I'd love to have a team who would be bang up for a game.

Batman

I reckon he would make a fine captain. Top end player, will always be on our starting 11 and IMO he has shown loads of character from rebuilding his leg and then career to scoring a lot of important goals in cup finals etc.

Either way I'm emotionally invested in Juve doing the business tonight.

I mean he lost his job as Wales captain so I'm not so sure and there seems to be rumblings that he wants out. It's not impossible. Thankfully Juve have done the business. That was probably the last bit of enjoyable football for us this season, well until they bottle the FA Cup.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Arsenal Football Club has never EVER been irrelevant in England, or even an 'irrelevant speck on the football landscape'. When Arsenal Wenger arrived here, we had more titles than Man Utd ffs. I think it's you who needs to look at a bit of our history lad.
Read the rest of the thread FFS. Tonsil.

scytheavatar

Established Member

I reckon Ramsey's the type of character who is unpopular in the dressing room. From stories of him constantly crashing with players (apparently Van Persie wanted him gone at one stage) to how he's the type of can defend but thinks he's too good to be defending player that everyone hates...... I suspect not much tears will be shred by other Arsenal players when he leaves us.

Crocrodile

Multiple reports of him surrounding himself with yes men and other people having no say from the club, make whatever you want of that, sounds kinda like a dictator, what you 'd feel better if he said autocrat or what?

He 's senile if you take his statements and put them into context, like his son wouldn't be the best to play he wouldn't, yet he plays the same people with no accountability, he 's said he 'll be at the club until he is the best club to take the club forward, he also always repeats same bullshit as if he has amnesia and this happened the first time. He has always said he 'll do what 's in best interest of the club, yet you all know what happens. Is he an intelligent moneygrabbing SOB or a senile old-man? Choose wisely.

You have to realise you 're dealing with people with different cultural and language backgrounds. But if you 're a Lit grad as you say, I am surprised that you 're arguing semantic instead of realizing what Rimaal said is under the field of pragmatical linguistics and has its own context made in its own time. These words can only be explained by Rimaal and her "dictator" and "senile" have a different meaning compared to the definition in the dictionary. You were close, but missed it just for one science discipline. Both words have been used by posters before and there was no such fuss before. I know some of you love Wenger and act like even he 's past it he shouldn't be insulted, but face it, he 's starting get on some people nerves and that 's been going on for years.

ArtetaCognition

Granit Xhaka Enthusiast

Also pains me to read people comparing table finishes in the 70s and 80s to now. In those days almost everyone was on a pretty level playing field when compared to now - the monumental influx of money has been shared mostly amongst the country's top clubs to the extent that it is exponentially more likely for Arsenal to be in the top 6 these days than back then - when there wasn't such a debilitating factor for smaller clubs.

carlito'sway

Established Member
Multiple reports of him surrounding himself with yes men and other people having no say from the club, make whatever you want of that, sounds kinda like a dictator, what you 'd feel better if he said autocrat or what?

He 's senile if you take his statements and put them into context, like his son wouldn't be the best to play he wouldn't, yet he plays the same people with no accountability, he 's said he 'll be at the club until he is the best club to take the club forward, he also always repeats same bullshit as if he has amnesia and this happened the first time. He has always said he 'll do what 's in best interest of the club, yet you all know what happens. Is he an intelligent moneygrabbing SOB or a senile old-man? Choose wisely.

You have to realise you 're dealing with people with different cultural and language backgrounds. But if you 're a Lit grad as you say, I am surprised that you 're arguing semantic instead of realizing what Rimaal said is under the field of pragmatical linguistics and has its own context made in its own time. These words can only be explained by Rimaal and her "dictator" and "senile" have a different meaning compared to the definition in the dictionary. You were close, but missed it just for one science discipline. Both words have been used by posters before and there was no such fuss before. I know some of you love Wenger and act like even he 's past it he shouldn't be insulted, but face it, he 's starting get on some people nerves and that 's been going on for years.

What a garbage post.....SMH.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Sounds like you're favouring the pragmatics while ignoring the semantics based solely on personal preference for what was said. How about we just agree to disagree and leave it at that. Also just for the record I don't study linguistics and linguistic theory has nothing to do with what I do, so stop thinking i'm some sort of Noam Chomsky wannabe, thanks.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes

Both very apropo (spl?) likenesses imo

Dictators even after a good start run their countries down

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
One of the main reasons for this is the lack of tactical work Arsène Wenger, and the group are ‘bored by his methods’.

L’Equipe state, via a source at the club, the Frenchman has ‘lost his hold’ on the Arsenal squad, and his lack of communication is becoming a concern.

However, above all is the ‘predictability’ of his line-ups, with the squad already knowing on the Monday who will be playing the next game, which is frustrating and demotivating the substitutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom